Author Topic: The Black Series 3.75" - 2013 Wave 3  (Read 39029 times)

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Series 3.75" - 2013 Wave 3
« Reply #105 on: January 9, 2014, 12:41 PM »
I've seen Wave 2 and 3 in WV, but neither complete.

Offline jedimaster-c

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2014, 03:13 PM »
I am sensing a large amount of fear for something as trivial as these figures. The Walmarts in my area most be scared to death of the black series. I mean It was bad though the Holiday season. Check this out. This Walmart had wave 1 of the Black seris and once they sold out they fused to restock. . To you guys who can find waves 2 and 3 just keep in mind that there are some of us who's stores hate Star Wars.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 03:15 PM by jedimaster-c »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 14, 2014, 10:14 AM »
Same here in my closest store in Los Angeles. That Walmart has a toy manager who just phones it in and doesn't pay attention to their section. It's been like that for years. Plus, there's a Hot Wheels guy who still manages to pick through everything the moment it arrives at the store. The store has been fairly useless for the past 5 years.

I just order from Hasbro Toy Shop anymore. It's been more reliable with less hassle.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 21, 2014, 07:34 AM »
Yeah, online is the way to go. My local stores refuse to stock pretty much anything Hasbro anymore, outside of the role playing stuff. I guess TRU has a giant selection if you like Biggs and Vader. Target gets about one case a month, and Wal-Marts don't even have Star Wars sections.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2014, 09:53 AM »
It's too bad that Hasbro can't issue an ultimatum of some sorts (I know that retail giants are thinking of bottom line, etc.), in regards to stock our stuff now or don't get the new movie or Rebels merchandise.  I'm sure once the movie and Rebels are out interest will go up.  But in the end retailers can't bank on the future when current product doesn't move.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2014, 07:49 PM »
I keep forgetting to post that I am seeing random figures from this wave popping up at walgreen's. first I saw Merumeru a few days ago and then Vizam today. Only Time i have ever seen either figure anywhere.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2014, 08:25 PM »
I keep forgetting to post that I am seeing random figures from this wave popping up at walgreen's. first I saw Merumeru a few days ago and then Vizam today. Only Time i have ever seen either figure anywhere.

What were the prices like?  The Walgreens near my house charges $14.99 for Movie Heroes figures. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #112 on: January 27, 2014, 08:46 PM »
$50 and a testicle.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2014, 09:01 AM »
$50 and a testicle.

And that's before your co-pay.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2014, 10:57 AM »
$50 and a testicle.

Ha!  Luckily I'm only missing two figures from this wave. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2014, 03:12 PM »
They were $11.49 actually, I might pay that much for another Plagueis, but that's about it.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 31, 2014, 01:47 PM »
I found a complete case of Wave 3 (I bought Plagueis and Mara Jade, who I'd never managed to get online) at my local Target today.  Not only was this the first time that this Target had gotten a case of TBS figures since September (seriously), it was the first time I have seen a case of TBS figures show up at ANY local retailer since October, and the first time I've seen anything past wave 1 of TBS at retail period.  Everything I've gotten past wave 1 has been online, so finding an actual figure in a brick-and-mortar store is a totally new experience for me.  Wow.

So, I guess I'm actually caught up for the first time in a long time, even though I still need Starkiller and Shae Viszla from TVC.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 5, 2014, 01:05 AM »
Spotted Wave 3 remnants at Target today too. Just Mace, Mara and Neyo. Like DocP said above, this is the first shipment of TBS this Target has gotten since they first started stocking the line. Snagged Mara since I still want to order a Wave 3 case at some point.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2014, 01:02 AM »
Scored Mace Windu today at the… Disney Store... :-X

He seems kinda Sithy with those yellow eyes that for some reason Hasbro went with, and then of course there's the whole missing decals on his gauntlets…

It's a good figure, but it really feels lacking as a realistic interpretation of the TCW version; it doesn't have that oomph that the Anakin, Obi and Ahsoka figures had. The packaging makes no mention of TCW, the pictures are from Ep.II… Oh, well. At least we got the figure.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #119 on: February 24, 2014, 02:25 AM »
Yeah, by far my least favorite realistic interpretation of a TCW character.  I felt the sculpt wasn't bad...  I think the last TVC Mace we got was the best likeness, but this wasn't bad.  The skin color seemed off to me by a lot though, and it just felt half-hearted with the logos missing and stuff.  I'd have dug it if the helmet included the detonator inside too, maybe some kind of TCW accessory to make you really feel the figure was special

He's been one of the easier Wave 3 figures to get, and he's not bad, but not great.  Just eh.  Fills a purpose I guess.  I'd have preferred young Ahsoka, personally, or even "adventure" Padme maybe.  Or Baby Boba.  Or a Death Watch Mandalorian.  Or a lot of other random important people.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77