Author Topic: The Black Series 3.75" - 2013 Wave 3  (Read 39021 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: The Black Series 3.75" - 2013 Wave 3
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2013, 11:12 AM »
Tessek is still one of my favorites so I agree he's fine. Would love to see a new yak face especially.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2013, 01:00 PM »
It's an interesting mix of a wave, although the absence of core characters is a bit of a head scratcher.  I guess Hasbro's approach is changing.  Plagueis is definitely a cool concept.  And Neyo seems to be a step forward as far as phase II Clones go.

I definitely like Vizam.  Although that figure appears to essentially be a resculpt of the Nikto from the POTF2 skiff guards cinema scene.  That figure did need updating, so this is fine by me.  For my tastes, if Hasbro is going to work their way through resculpting the older goons from Jabba's palace, I'd like to see them alternate those releases with new characters.  I agree that a new Yakface would be in order.  The POTF2 version is weak in comparison with modern figures.  But please don't do things like that at the expense of getting new figures out.

Definitely surprised that we haven't seen some figures like the A-Wing pilot and the realistic Captain Rex.  Maybe the Hasbro panel will shed some light there?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2013, 04:15 PM »
Tessek I agree, though softgoods would make him far more fun.  But ReeYees for me is a must.  Even if all they did was take the arms and legs and just add some elbow and knee joints.  His pose is odd...  He had decent screen time hopping around like a jagoff so he's a smidge higher on my wants then.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2013, 04:55 PM »
Ree Yees is a case where we know that Hasbro can do better.  That being said, the POTF2 Ree Yees was one of the better figures in that line.  But compared with a figure like Ask Aak or Mawhonic, we know that Hasbro can make a better Gran.  I have to regard Tessek as less of a priority than both Yakface or Ree Yees.  But I'd still like to get some other Jabba's palace characters like Doallyn, Geezum or Loje Nella, too.

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2013, 05:24 PM »
Geezum's my top JP Alien right now...  Doallyn 2nd.  Resculpts then, if we're not counting Jabba's goons at Docking Bay 94.  If they're in this mix, I want all those human thugs, NOW!  They'd make a sweet pack like these Arena Jedi.  :-X
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2013, 08:32 PM »
I'm definitely a little biased on these guys, as Ree Yees has always been one of my favorite characters (for some reason), and I'd like to be able to have Tessek and Yakface be able to sit in my diorama.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2013, 08:51 PM »
Nice variety in this (small) wave, still wonder if something else will be added here or not.  Vizam is the gem for me as well, and I like Mace Windu too.  I'm sure Plagueis will be a mega popular figure, and I'll try to get one as well, but I haven't read the book so I'm not quite as psyched as others.  Neyo is nice, but another clone, so whatever.  Cool though.  Surprised at no "main" or core characters here though, unless Mace is considered part of that list.

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2013, 11:02 PM »
Mermuru is in that case assortment

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2013, 05:51 AM »
Mermuru is in that case assortment

According to VolkerC, who has had a pretty good track record.  But did Hasbro show an image of Merumeru at the CE2 panel?  Or did the display case get updated?

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2013, 06:28 PM »
Wave 3 carded images (with Merumeru)  ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2013, 06:51 PM »
Mermeru is a nice looking Wookiee figure...

Still, even I'm getting sick of PT stuff at this point.   :-\  Really need some OT love.  Even resculpts of stuff that was decent would be appreciated.

Plagueis is weird...  Still don't like that they went alien with him.  I like the figures though.  All look very nicely done.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2013, 07:26 PM »
I've been looking forward to Merumeru for a while so that's cool. But yeah. Definitely would rather see OT at this point. Same goes in the SL line where we're getting more PT/CW it seems. Time to let some of that go. Unless it's never before done CW like Satine or somebody. Then I'm all for it.  :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2013, 08:32 PM »
I'm in the exact same boat as you guys.  The figures look great, but I'm just more interested in OT stuff anymore.  There really isn't much that can get me excited about clonetroopers anymore, and much from the prequels in general.  Not that they don't make nice figures, but I'm pretty happy with the ones we've already gotten for the most part.  That being said, I'm glad to see Merumeru here, we could use a new wookiee.  This is probably one of the more exciting waves to me that we've seen so far, but I can't say any of them are overly wow-ing me.  I had a Wave 2 set preordered through BBTS, and cancelled it today realizing that I really wanted less than half the figures.  Why pay $10-$12 for stuff I don't want all that badly?  I used to just preorder the set from each wave and be done with it, with the luck we've had at retail the past couple years, but until we get some heavier OT waves, I think I'm done with that.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2013, 08:48 PM »
I will give hasbro credit on Neyo being a nice head sculpt under that bucket.  I like that and would take updated Gree, Bly, and some TCW commanders.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2013, 08:57 PM »
Nice to finally see Merumeru!  The rumors during SDCC & CE2 were cool, but finally seeing the figure is believing!  And it looks like Hasbro has stepped up their sculpting on this particular Wookiee.  And seeing how good it looks on the card, I'm hoping that Hasbro will get around to revisiting Tarfful at some point, too.  The ROTS version of him was weak in comparison.

Feedback