Author Topic: The Black Series 3.75" - 2013 Wave 3  (Read 39014 times)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Series 3.75" - 2013 Wave 3
« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2014, 02:55 AM »
Or a lot of other random important people.

Like maybe Savage or Maul? ::)
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2014, 03:05 PM »
Neither would be on my personal list, but sure.  I'd put everyone and a litany of Clones ahead of them personally.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2014, 04:06 PM »
I would too, we've already gotten good versions of those characters previously. I'd rather see the slots used for unreleased characters like Bo-Katan, Rako Hardeen, etc.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2014, 02:53 PM »
This wave suddenly started showing up at Targets around here today, I saw a whole case minus Plagueis near work and my buddy across town saw all of them at a store near him.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 17, 2014, 08:16 PM »
Saw another full case of this wave at Target today, including my first ever sighting of Plagueis on the pegs. Better late than never!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #125 on: March 21, 2014, 10:35 AM »
Anyone have a real favorite in this wave? For me it's a toss up with Merumeru (due to size and sculpt) and Vizam (due to OT factor). Plagueis I'm really indifferent toward. Neyo is cool but I'm surprised how heavy they went with the weathering. Mace is lamen
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 21, 2014, 10:57 AM »
No true duds in this wave IMO. Mace isn't as exciting as the rest but is a masterpiece compared to the lousy figures in waves 1 and 2.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 21, 2014, 12:01 PM »
Anyone have a real favorite in this wave? For me it's a toss up with Merumeru (due to size and sculpt) and Vizam (due to OT factor). Plagueis I'm really indifferent toward. Neyo is cool but I'm surprised how heavy they went with the weathering. Mace is lamen

I'm not a big fan of Plagueis either despite his HTF status.  Wookies and Nikto feel a little blah to me as well.  I think Neyo is my favorite from the wave - would have preferred a clean armor version of him, but that helmet still makes him one of my favorite clones.  I'd vote for Mara too, if you count her with swapped Black Widow head.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 21, 2014, 01:46 PM »
I'd vote for Mara too, if you count her with swapped Black Widow head.   ;)

Anything with the likeness of Scarlett would make it a million times better... even Jabba.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #129 on: March 21, 2014, 02:27 PM »
MeruMeru is my favorite as well Jayson, but not by a huge margin against the others I enjoy.

I thought all the figures were ok...  Neyo was neat because of the new headsculpt for instance.  Little stuff like that is enough to make me like new Clones again (I can easily think of 3 commanders I'd love to see redone ala the TVC Clone Wars Commander), but they all had something cool.

Mace was the dud of the wave, but not so much to me because of the choice as I felt his headsculpt and skin color wasn't right.  I felt TVC figure was perfect and this was off somehow. 

I liked Vizam, he's neat...  Any update of the skiff guards from POTF2 is nice to me, as I'd also love to see the Cantina 3-pack updated too.

I find Plagueis to be a fine figure for what he is, but like you said he's someone I'm indifferent towards.  I felt the same about Nom Anor.  Nice for what he is, but not someone who interests me terribly as a character.

This wave's obviously PT era heavy...  So while it's better than 1 and 2, 3 was still not getting me excited about buying it.  I liked Meru Meru a little more because of all the PT things I am interested in, Wookiees, Clone Commander resculpts (all decked out if possible), and Office Duel Palps are the 3 areas I'm still interested in.  Meru Meru did kind of make the case.  The arm swapping is interesting too, to make a more generic Wookiee. 

I wish they'd redo the smaller Wookiee Warrior figure from 2005...  All the colors too.  If it just had knee articulation it would've been a very nice figure for its time.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2014, 09:30 PM »
Having finally gotten this wave in the past couple of weeks, it's left me thinking.  Is this one of the last gasps in the basic figure line for Prequel Trilogy & EU figures?  The rumor mill seems to be indicating that the basic figure line is going to be shifting focus towards the OT, the REBELS series, and eventually Episode VII.  It comes across as a bit of a letdown since there are still some PT characters that would've been nice to get around to.  Cin Drallig comes to mind.

But mostly?  I'm really glad that Hasbro got to Merumeru.  I've been wanting a figure of this particular Wookiee ever since one of the ROTS teaser trailers came out and showed Merumeru leading a company of Wookiee warriors.  Hasbro really seems to have delivered with this particular Wookiee, and I'm genuinely pleased not just by the fact that the figure came out at all, but by how well it was executed, too.  Merumeru looks FAR BETTER than the ROTS Tarfful figure, and works well with some of the best sculpted Chewbacca figures.

I'd definitely like to see Hasbro revisit some of the Wookiees if at all possible.  I agree with Jesse, that the smaller of the Wookiee warrior figures was somewhat lacking in terms of leg articulation.  And Tarfful was not so great, either.  If Hasbro can get around to these Wookiees in a fashion similar to Merumeru?  That would be fantastic!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #131 on: March 28, 2014, 04:31 PM »
Lolz at "phalic" staff.   :D

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #132 on: March 28, 2014, 05:26 PM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 21, 2014, 05:05 PM »
Found a fresh case of these on the pegs at Target.  Nabbed the Plagueis... figure I could help out a local (and if they don't need him; a member).

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 22, 2014, 07:28 AM »
I finally uncarded Merumeru from this wave yesterday.  And when I stood him up next to some ROTS era Wookiee Warrior figures, he's actually a little bit on the short side.  Either that, or the ROTS era Wookiee figures are just ridiculously tall.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback