Author Topic: Han Solo  (Read 10744 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Han Solo
« on: February 12, 2013, 11:14 AM »
Dear Hasbro,

2012 - the only basic carded Han Solo figure we got was a re-issue of 2011's Bespin Han.

2013 - the only basic carded Han Solo figure you've announced so far is yet another re-issue of the 2011 Bespin Han in the "greatest hits" cases.

Really?  That's the best you can do for everyone's favorite smuggler?

The carbonite block is getting some love in 2013 (6" SDCC exclusive, 3.75" pack-in with the Amazon Slave I), but you can't somehow squeeze a new "I'm about to get frozen" Carbonite Han Solo figure into the Black Series 3.75" line to go along with the Amazon set?

Come on, Hasbro.  You can do better.  Hopefully you've got a sneaky surprise in store for SDCC because the idea of going more than TWO years without a new Han Solo basic figure sculpt is just a total bummer to this Han Solo fan.  :(

Your Pal,
Jeff
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 11:16 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Han Solo
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 12:40 PM »
+1

How about a real Yavin Ceremony Han Solo, too.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 12:50 PM »

The carbonite block is getting some love in 2013 (6" SDCC exclusive, 3.75" pack-in with the Amazon Slave I), but you can't somehow squeeze a new "I'm about to get frozen" Carbonite Han Solo figure into the Black Series 3.75" line to go along with the Amazon set?

+1

How about a real Yavin Ceremony Han Solo, too.

+1 to this as well

And might I add....

How about offering up a VC50 - Han Solo (Bespin Outfit) kitbash as a Mynock Hunt version?  We all know that this particular figure spent far too little time gracing the pegs.  So how about one with the oxygen mask and a pack-in Mynock?  How about it Hasbro?!?!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 03:05 PM »
I'd take just about any Solo resculpt they threw out too...  one that can ride the taun-taun in a brown coat is a nice starting point.  ANH one though?  Sure.  I want that damn holster to have a separate thigh strap now though.  Long overdue on all Han figures.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 05:12 PM »
2013 - the only basic carded Han Solo figure you've announced so far is yet another re-issue of the 2011 Bespin Han in the "greatest hits" cases.

Hey Hasbro,

Me again.  Yeah, I wanted to take this chance pre-SDCC to remind you that you cancelled the only 2013 basic carded 3.75" Han Solo figure you had announced (which, in itself was just another re-release of 2011's Bespin Han in your 'yeah, that's not gonna happen' Greatest Hits cases).  So... yeah. 

Oh, and a Mission Series Han and Chewbacca set isn't going to cut it.  I don't need a 5 POA Han Solo.  Unless, for some reason, it's based on Marvel Comics Star Wars #15.  I guess that'd be ok.  But since it's probably ANH Han, I don't really need that.  I'll probably buy it because I'm a sucker for Han figures, but I won't be happy about it.   >:(

(Why yes, I do still want my Marvel Star Wars #15 Han Solo/Crimson Jack Comic Pack, thanks for asking!  :))

Well, that's about all for now.  Gotta keep banging that new Han Solo figure drum you know (and Marvel Star Wars #15 Comic Pack - make it happen!).

Your Pal,
Jeff

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 05:52 PM »
Does the rumored 6" Han count?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 09:20 PM »
No.  >:(

I want a new Carbonite Han for pete's sake...  light up block would rock.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 09:40 PM »
It might work. Pete's not letting go of his sake for any old figure.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 10:05 PM »
Does the rumored 6" Han count?

Like Jesse said - NO.

See where I said...

I wanted to take this chance pre-SDCC to remind you that you cancelled the only 2013 basic carded 3.75" Han Solo figure you had announced (which, in itself was just another re-release of 2011's Bespin Han in your 'yeah, that's not gonna happen' Greatest Hits cases).  So... yeah. 

Mission Series Han won't cut it, neither will a 6" figure.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 09:58 AM »
I would settle for a brand new KUBRICK Han though...  :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: August 6, 2014, 05:12 PM »
Hey Hasbro,

Wow, it's been a year already?  Crazy how time flies.  Just thought I'd check in with you guys to see how things are going.

Let's go back to last year for a second...

I wanted to take this chance pre-SDCC to remind you that you cancelled the only 2013 basic carded 3.75" Han Solo figure you had announced (which, in itself was just another re-release of 2011's Bespin Han in your 'yeah, that's not gonna happen' Greatest Hits cases).  So... yeah. 

It's 2014 and still no new Han Solo figures in the collector quality, 3.75" basic figure line. :(

Do you realize that the last 3.75" basic figure Han Solo we got on a card was 2011's TVC Revenge of the Jedi Endor Han (and he was a kitbash, not even a fully new figure).   Just think about it.  That means I haven't added anything to my Wall of Single Carded Han Solo figures for THREE years!  THREE!  Not cool, man.  Not cool at all.   :'(

I'm not really a "you owe me" type of guy, but... you owe me, Hasbro.  2015 better be the year of AMAZING 3.75" Han Solo figures - a new SA Hoth Han?  I'll take it.  A new SA Carbonite Han with Block?  Even better!  How about a killer SA Marvel Comics Star Wars #15 Han Solo! (You had to know that was coming, right?  Why yes I do still want that Marvel Star Wars #15 Han Solo/Crimson Jack Comic Pack, thanks for asking!  :))

It's great that you're having lots of fun with your new 6" scale collector friends and giving them some great new Han Solo figures, but don't forget about your old 3.75" collector friends. 

Your Pal,
Jeff

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 6, 2014, 06:16 PM »
I'm not really a "you owe me" type of guy, but... you owe me, Hasbro.  2015 better be the year of AMAZING 3.75" Han Solo figures - a new SA Hoth Han?  I'll take it. 
You'll probably get that... and probably old man Han... or are you talking strictly from the OT?  If so, you might want to specify.  Knowing Hasbro, they'll misinterpret your want.

A new SA Carbonite Han with Block?  Even better! 
Seconded... please add some LED lights on the panels (if not 3.75", then on the 6" re-release).

It's great that you're having lots of fun with your new 6" scale collector friends and giving them some great new Han Solo figures, but don't forget about your old 3.75" collector friends. 

Some 6" scale fans are still miffed that they haven't gotten their single-boxed (can't call it a card, really) Carbonite Han yet.  >:(  They need one to go with their Boba and Jabba.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 7, 2014, 09:35 AM »
I'm totally on board with this.  For YEARS I've been wanting an updated Carbonite block.  And I also want Han Solo from the carbon freeze chamber as a companion to that piece.  The only versions we've had that represents Han prior to going in dates back to the POTF2 days.

I also want a basic figure of Mynock Hunt Han Solo.  I think he merits the figure.  It's such a classic scene.

Also?  I think an update to Endor Han Solo might be in order.  The body and face sculpt on the version that's in the new multipack just seem a little... off.  How about taking another shot at that one, Hasbro?

And while we're on ROTJ?  An update to the post Carbonite Han would be good, too.  I'm not down with all of those angle cut joints circa 2006, and I think Hasbro can do better.  Especially to represent Han better for the battle of the Sarlacc pit!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 7, 2014, 09:46 AM »
We need The Year of Han!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2014, 05:09 PM »
It's 2014 and still no new Han Solo figures in the collector quality, 3.75" basic figure line. :(

Do you realize that the last 3.75" basic figure Han Solo we got on a card was 2011's TVC Revenge of the Jedi Endor Han (and he was a kitbash, not even a fully new figure).   Just think about it.  That means I haven't added anything to my Wall of Single Carded Han Solo figures for THREE years!  THREE!  Not cool, man.  Not cool at all.   :'(

I'm not really a "you owe me" type of guy, but... you owe me, Hasbro.  2015 better be the year of AMAZING 3.75" Han Solo figures

You can be honest with me, Hasbro - you set me up didn't you? 

Not announcing all those new Han figures at SDCC and then showing them off at NYCC where I could ogle them in-person?  Well played.  ;)

I admit - 2015 is shaping up to be a good basic carded Han year with a single carded Black Series 3.75" ESB "Pre-Freeze" Han Solo and Carbonite Block set and a single carded Saga Legends 3.75" Bespin Han Solo.  And there's even a bonus Mission Series 3.75" Hoth Han Solo as well.

Nice work Hasbro.  Hopefully Episodes 7-8-9 will help you keep fresh Hans in the line-up for years to come.  :)

Your Pal,
Jeff