Author Topic: "Lost" ESB Documentary  (Read 4363 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: "Lost" ESB Documentary
« Reply #1 on: March 1, 2013, 04:47 PM »
The Hoth laser tank in action!  :o

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 1, 2013, 05:20 PM »
Fantastic!  I can vaguely recall seeing this on television around the time the movie was released.  Great stuff!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: March 4, 2013, 11:40 PM »
Brown coat FTW

Also, clearly, Bespin Luke has a much cleaner look to him.  :P  Looks like that figure's color, WAY off.

After watching about the studio expansions you kind of have to appreciate Lucas' complaints that he needed CGI to do what he wanted.  I tend to agree when you see what an undertaking it was at that time to do the OT.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2013, 11:45 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 5, 2013, 05:39 AM »
Also, clearly, Bespin Luke has a much cleaner look to him.  :P  Looks like that figure's color, WAY off.

Bespin Luke is weird because the publicity stills show him in his nice, clean, freshly ironed duds while in the film everything gets "dirtied" and looks darker overall. Different colors/lighting playing tricks with us ala Hoth Han I guess.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: March 5, 2013, 04:23 PM »
That documentary though, Han's clearly brown, and that Bespin Luke outfit, very very light...  makes me think the movies' final look distorts the Bespin uniform on Luke more since he's in just a lit room in the documentary.  I really question if that's not how it should actually look at this point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 5, 2013, 06:13 PM »
Some quick thoughts?

-The Hoth Rebel tank is pretty awesome, and total mini-rig fodder!

-Colors of costumes as they're seen in documentaries and costume reference photos won't necessarily come across in the completed film.  Set lighting and color timing (back in the analog days), now known as digital grading, will distort colors in the final cut of a movie.  So what may match costume reference photos may not look very similar to the look of a movie.

-The lightsaber duel practice sessions were pretty awesome.  Although I couldn't say for certain if Mark Hammill was sparring with David Prowse or swordmaster Bob Anderson.  And funny enough, Hammill was using an Obi-Wan Kenobi lightsaber hilt!

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback