Author Topic: Silver Boba Fett + Fan Club Announcement WEDNESDAY  (Read 1720 times)

Jango Fettish

Silver Boba Fett + Fan Club Announcement WEDNESDAY
« on: August 11, 2003, 07:31 PM »
I got a reply from Lisa Stevens, President of the OSWFC, and she told me that Vic is making an announcement regardin the Silver Boba Fett and it's Fan Club availability on Wednesday!

Since the convention circuit is over, look like we can get this damn thing for a reasonable price, finally.

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
Re: Silver Boba Fett + Fan Club Announcement WEDNESDAY
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2003, 07:40 PM »
...look like we can get this damn thing for a reasonable price, finally.

I assume you don't mean that the $10 price that was being charged at the conventions wasn't "reasonable", correct?  That seemed pretty fair to me.

I take it you're just referring to the secondary market prices, such as eBay, which would be your only alternative to date if you weren't able to make it to one of the summer conventions to obtain this cool item.  In that case, I'd agree.  Obviously we've known all along that the fan club would have these, so I haven't been terribly concerned about snagging one.  Especially considering the fact that based on the reports from the summer conventions, these figures were available in more than enough supply, and never even sold out.

Just a question of patience.   8)

Jango Fettish

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2003, 07:53 PM »
I was implying not being able to afford secondary market prices, yes. I assume alot of us weren't able to make it to the 3 conventions they were available at.

Anyway, I think it;s exciting news because we'll hopefully find out when we can get a few.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2003, 10:45 PM »
Well as I'm sure everyone's seen on the front page, the Silver Fett's will be going on sale via the Fan Club on Sept. 2nd. Though I'm not personally interested in the figure, it's nice to see that this silver figure won't be sold for 3 times the average retail price of a figure like the Silver Vader. That was one of the many boneheaded mistakes I thought WOTC did while runnign the FC.

A word of warning though, I'm going to guess that the Silver Fett's the Fan Club is selling are leftovers from the convention circuit, and as such may not be the most pristine pieces available, so for all you hardcore minty mint card collectors be prepared. Then again, Hasbro could have produced more just for the FC and they will have untouched pieces available...
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2003, 11:41 PM »
While the Fan Club may be selling some leftovers from the cons, heres something to keep in mind:

The Fan Club had set aside a predetermined quantity of figures specifically for sale on the website, after the con season. They will be just as new as the ones available at the cons. They have a lot set aside for this soul purpose. Keep in mind though, case fresh by no means, especially with this figure, means a mint card. When I worked at GenCon, I opened up some mighty nice cases, and a few really bad ones, some with cards bent at 90 degree angles.

Any leftovers sold will be in good condition, as the Fan Club made it a point to send back any figures in poor condition. I expect there probably werent drones of leftovers though. Even then, most of the leftovers are going to be in unopened cases. Theoretically, they'd only have one open case leftover, the rest would be sealed. They only opened cases as they were needed, and just a case at a time. So if they stopped selling, you'd only have one extra open case (36 figures). Other open cases that were filled with bad figures would be sent back to Hasbro.

Does it guarantee you will get a mint figure? No, but the Fan Club will make it a strong point to try and give you the best quality merchandise possible.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2003, 11:45 PM by BigDumbWookiee »
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."