Author Topic: 2017 Droid Factory Build-a-Protocol Droid?  (Read 103 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Council Member
  • what is it? it's it.
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
2017 Droid Factory Build-a-Protocol Droid?
« on: December 22, 2016, 03:11 PM »
Mystery 3.75" Protocol Droid Figure revealed at Yakface.

Hmmm...  if the rumors/theories pan out, this will be both exciting (to see new parts/droids added to the mix) and annoying (if there are first-time protocol droids to track down for big $$$).   :-\

Interesting rumor any way you look at it....
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender / Follow me -> @jlsmentek

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2017 Droid Factory Build-a-Protocol Droid?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 08:18 PM »
Caught this on social media myself and wow...  I love the hand too, which is kind of unique. 

I don't see the interest in mixing/matching colors being as high with protocol droids, as it is with astromechs, but I can see wanting cmplete solid colored ones sure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi General
  • Lock S foils in attack position
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 Droid Factory Build-a-Protocol Droid?
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 07:21 AM »
Comparing this to the two previous offerings of R-3PO  (Saga Gold & the Droid Factory 2-pack), the paint apps look kind of weak.  The sculpt looks okay, though.  But I do get a little disappointed when we continue to revisit previously made droids instead of doing something new.  We've got multiple versions of a few protocol droids including C-3PO, R-3PO and K-3PO.  How about mixing it up?

There was E-3PO from TESB, although some argue that the different finishes for the U-3PO B-A-D may have already covered this.  And what about the gaggle of protocol droids from REVENGE OF THE SITH?  There were at least 3 x Threepio units and at least a couple of BD-3000 droids, too.

"All wings report in."

Feedback