Author Topic: Realistic Clone Wars Wants?  (Read 4568 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Realistic Clone Wars Wants?
« on: April 4, 2013, 07:56 PM »
Hard to discuss a hobby that's kind of dead at the moment, but I've heard good things about realistic Clone Wars figures.  With Scum's rumor of Cody, does anyone have a list of wishes for realistic style Clone Wars figures?

Or are you a "mains and done" kinda collector?

For me I was thinking mains and done, but at this point I'd take quite a few CW characters done realistically even at 5POA each...  Lil Ahsoka, CW Rex of course...  I'm thinking a new Baby Boba and some Death Watch could look pretty damn cool too.  Pre Vizla in particular.

A realistic Oppress would be interesting, as would Kenobi in his bounty hunter disguise, and even Dengar would get my attention since he's so significantly different to his OT character's look.

Trench would be a must since he was a big want for me animated as well.

Since CW is kaput as an animated line it's all there is to hope for 5 POA realistic sculpts.  At the proposed price, my curiosity is at least there.  They won't be up to my personal standards but at least they weren't $10 as well...  and they may be pretty damn great like Ellors Madak still looks on my shelf.

Anyone have particular wants?  Anyone into an extensive realistic CW line even?

If they have removable headgear, I'm far more interested than before too.  Little features may have my attention more if they're included.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Realistic Clone Wars Wants?
« Reply #1 on: April 4, 2013, 09:57 PM »
Any of the bounty hunters would be nice.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: April 4, 2013, 11:49 PM »
I'm kind ok with Bane, but he crossed my mind.  The animated one sort of looked realistic...  little exagerrated but not too bad.

Cato Parasiti would be on my list.

Embo, I'm kinda fine with him.

The two Drill Instructors...  I'd take them.  or rather retake them since I bought them.  Again, not bad but not great.

Clones would be high on my list though...  Sculpts are basically there, just a lot of deco and/or head/helmet changes.  Mostly anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 5, 2013, 08:56 AM »
Part of me is still bitter enough to never want to see any Clone Wars figures made in a non-animated style, but the practical side of me says better that than nothing.

So yeah, I'll play. First off I would have to eliminate any sort of human likeness because Hasbro does such a poor job with these in their realistic lines, IMO.

There's a galaxy of great non-human or armored characters they could still do though:

Trench
Krell
Bo-Katan
Reiko Hardeen
ALL the bounty hunters from The Box
Nightsisters
Spider Legs Maul

That's my short list I guess.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 5, 2013, 02:13 PM »
A realistic version of Cody seems rather redundant.  Wasn't he done in the TVC line, after all?  Certainly, Hasbro could try to achieve some savings by offering that figure up again as a live-action Clone Wars offering.  But doing so seems a little disingenuous.

As for other CW characters that would be worth translating into live action renditions?

-Darth Maul
-Asajj Ventress
-Savage Opress
-Hondo
-Pre Viszla
-Bo Katan
-Pong Krell
-Count Dooku

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: April 5, 2013, 04:30 PM »

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 5, 2013, 07:27 PM »
A realistic version of Cody seems rather redundant.  Wasn't he done in the TVC line, after all?  Certainly, Hasbro could try to achieve some savings by offering that figure up again as a live-action Clone Wars offering.  But doing so seems a little disingenuous.
Not if it was the phase 1 version. It is more than just a different helmet.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 5, 2013, 09:22 PM »

Agreed.  And on a similar note, Hasbro could offer both phase I and phase II armor Rex's.  But if Hasbro is truly interested in bringing Clone Wars characters into the realm of realistic figures, there are certainly some more interesting choices than a character like Cody.  Especially since we've seen at least a couple of realistic renditions of Cody since 2006.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 5, 2013, 09:45 PM »

Agreed.  And on a similar note, Hasbro could offer both phase I and phase II armor Rex's.  But if Hasbro is truly interested in bringing Clone Wars characters into the realm of realistic figures, there are certainly some more interesting choices than a character like Cody.  Especially since we've seen at least a couple of realistic renditions of Cody since 2006.

If Hasbro tackles the Clone Commanders, I would like to see them take an approach similar to the ARC Trooper Cmdr. (notFordo) by including alternate helmets and gear to cover both Phase 1 and 2 styles. I could look past a mis-colored belt and rank badge on a Phase 1 Cody or kill marks on a Phase 1 Rex if it meant getting both versions of the characters in one shot.

That being said, the Clone Wars characters I want to see most in realistic form are the Clones (Rex, Cody, Wolffe, Gree, ARC Troopers, ARF Troopers), Mandalorians (especially Pre Vizsla from the later episodes), Cad Bane, Pong Krell, Sugi (sp?) and Embo. So really it is mostly the bounty hunters and cartoon-only clones that would appeal to me. As nice as the realistic Obi-Wan and Anakin were last year, they felt redundant. I imagine I'd feel the same about many of the other Jedi and Sith from the show.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: April 6, 2013, 01:19 AM »
I, at some point or other, brought up the idea of a Fordo-esque Commander idea with Rex & Co. for Clone Wars...  They seemed quasi-receptive to the notion but that was a while ago. 

The thing with Cody, to me, all hinges on them focusing on his Clone Wars look...  ROTS he's had a figure obvious, but Phase I...  Cleaner armor, unique bucket, maybe a little less "aged" look to his face...  A Clone who's not seen the hardships of war we ultimately see in ROTS with all his scars and his heavily worn armor.

I'm not sure, by any means, that we'll get anything remotely close to that with the rumored Rex figure, but that was what I hoped for since his helmet's unique Phase I & II alike, and so I'd like his Phase I bucket now...  He'd be a much less difficult custom for certain.

That said, I think there's probably more interesting Clones to pick from sure, and more interesting characters absolutely...  But Cody feels like a more integral character.  If Ani, Ahsoka (Old/Young), Rex, and Obi are 1st tier, then I'd put 2nd tier as something like Windu, Bane, Cody, Boba, Vizla, Plo, Oppress and/or Maul (any variation), any variation of Padme (she's almost first tier), and Assajj Ventress...

From there, I'd go with CW obscurity...  Trench, Yularren, Tarkin, Clone Officers (and any other officer), Ziro The Hutt, Rotta, Fat George Takei Neimoidian, Embo, Parasitti, etc. Bounty Hunters, Wolfe, Fox, etc. Clone Commanders & Troopers, Senate Guards/Commanders, and so forth.

Somewhere in 2nd tier I'd include realistic versions of mission specific heroes too...  Cold weather Rex/Obi/Ani...  Scuba Rex/Ahsoka/Ani/Obi/Whoever... 

I get your POV, McMetal...  At the same time, they may do great work.  Ahsoka's meh.  Ani, Obi, and from what I saw of Rex him too, all looked great.  Ani's my fav Ani headsculpt I think.  Obi's great too, and actually a somewhat unique take on an overdone character.  Rex just looked good and unique.  Ahsoka, I'll grant you, wasn't maybe everyone's ideal but I was content...  I think Hasbro can knock anything out of the park.  Hell, figures like Trench I think would REALLY be almost identical animated to realistic.

It'll be interesting going forward...  what else is up their sleeve?  ;)  I think it's gonna go beyond this rumored Cody.  Just a thought.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 01:45 PM »
Admiral Trench
Cyborg Admiral Trench
Krell
Lok Durd
Mar Tuuk
Aqua Droid
Commando Droid
Riff Tamson
Demolition Droid

« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 03:14 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 7, 2013, 11:06 AM »

I think we kind of got a realistic version (or close to it) with the Cad Bane that comes with TODO-360.  For me at least, it fits in fine with realistic figures.

As for others, I just think there's a lot of opportunities for more aliens to be brought into the mix.  I'm about cloned out though and totally burnt out on main characters like Anakin, Obi Wan, Mace, etc. 

Bring us NEW stuff that's eye popping, Hasbro.  Stuff like Xiro the Hutt would be all kinds of awesome.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 7, 2013, 11:28 AM »
What he said.

I was re-watching the Krell arc last night and came away disappointed we never got a generic Umbaran soldier. That would be a bitch of a custom job too.

Plus it still irks me they released the wrong headsculpt on the AT-RT driver from that episode. THAT I can fix myself thankfully.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy