Collecting > Star Wars Dioramas and Displays

Jrnyfan's Custom plastic "Playsets"

<< < (2/4) > >>

jrnyfan@nc.rr.com:
Thanks! I would buy them, too --- if Hasbro would give me some playsets to buy! The Ewok village took about 12 hours total. Instamorph sticks to some things, but not to others -- so it's tricky trying to find things I can use for patterns or to cast shapes. The trees were shaped around a cardboard papertowel roll. The hut was cast out of a steel bowl in my kitchen. The roof i simply used pinestraw smushed into the Instamorph to create the texture. The floor was tricky. I taped together a bunch of tiny wood craft "logs" - then created an Instamorph mold from that, and then cast the floor parts from the mold. The floor is about 9 cast pieces cut out and then reapplied together (to stick Instamorph together all you have to do is reheat the edges - no glue required!

I color the plastic using pigment ink stamp pads. You can see how it's done on the Instamorph website.

Best part of this stuff --- if I decide I don't like it, I can melt it all down and start again (though the color stays in the plastic).

Now building the "base" around the Ewok Village for the rest of Endor.

jrnyfan@nc.rr.com:

jrnyfan@nc.rr.com:
Put it on the shelf to give it time to rest until I have time to continue! Wow I need more room --- this Endor shelf is now way too cramped!

R5Don4:
Cool dios.  I can't believe Hasbro never put any out, missed opportunity Hasbro!

CHEWIE:
Hasbro is clueless.

Nice looking stuff, by the way.  I especially like the Endor one... of course, the cantina is awesome too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version