Author Topic: GG Jumbo Vintage Death Star Droid  (Read 4511 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
GG Jumbo Vintage Death Star Droid
« on: March 13, 2012, 11:37 PM »
They're cranking these out pretty well...  :)

Clicky To Pre-Order

Love these, but can't jump into them.  I'll stick with original little guys, but yeah these are great. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: GG Jumbo Vintage Death Star Droid
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 03:55 PM »
Awesome.  I would love to get the original 21 at least and the DS Droid is easily in my top 10.  Now if only they would have a BOGO sale... :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Sir Real

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 09:13 PM »
Awesome.  I would love to get the original 21 at least and the DS Droid is easily in my top 10.  Now if only they would have a BOGO sale... :-\

But everything that you buy is BOGO...  You BO (buy one), then you GO (get one - the one that you just bought)...  ;D

I just saw the 12in DSD on BBTS and was coming here to post the news.  Can't really tell from the pics there, but is he a really dirty vac metal, or not vac at all?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 06:06 PM »
Anybody receive this guy yet?  Apparently mine is in stock and ready to ship.  GG is really cranking them out this year!
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 06:43 PM »
Yeah I've had DSD for a while...I order through BBTS, they have Snaggletooth, Hammerhead and Walrusman waiting for me...waiting for Orange Snake Yoda and then I'll get all 4 together

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 09:35 PM »
Shoot.  I am worried my Hammerhead is going to be AWOL as well... :P

Offline Sir Real

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 05:30 PM »
Hammerhead is in stock at BBTS.  But he's 80 bucks...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 12:00 AM »
He is $65 with free shipping from my comic site...assuming they don't cancel like Walrusman.

Offline Sir Real

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 12:27 PM »
Yeah, that's certainly a great deal.  I always wonder about box strength though from sources I haven't ordered from before, especuially with ffree shipping, and I wonder if they'd skimp on packing material or use a flimsy box.

I know BBTS has really tough shipping boxes. I gotta have those cards mint, so BBTS's higher price is generally worth it to me for peace of mind that there'll be no damage during shipping.  I've been lucky so far, and I have all of them.  And for the ones straight from GG, those boxes have also been pretty good.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 03:29 PM »
That's a valid concern.  I haven't had any trouble with the box integrity and they pack solid with peanuts, but a few of my items have arrived in less than case fresh condition.  No major defects, but my Greedo, for example, has a little bend to the plastic, either from how they removed it from the case or what they did to it in packing.  95% has been minty though, so I'm willing to take a slight hit on that rate for the lower price.   ;)