Community > Watto's Junk Yard

Xbox One

<< < (21/43) > >>

Phrubruh:
It feels like the 360 also limited download speeds and I have fios. It always took forever to get it's stupid system updates. My ps3 updates a lot faster. Also, why do publishers make you download the entire game even if you have the physical disc because they have patches. Does that mean the physical disc is so flawed that it is completely unplayable upon release? Have they ever heard of Quality Control?

Dave:
They must not patch the software, and thus force you to download completely fresh versions.

My son and I end up getting in to arguments about screen time and these updates.  He's allowed about an hour of screen time to play xbox and every now and then I tell him to turn off the xbox and he says he hasn't even started yet because he is still waiting for the OS or the game to update.

Not sure why they don't have a function that lets you choose when to apply the updates (maybe the do and we haven't figured it out). 

Matt:

--- Quote from: Master_Phruby on August 22, 2016, 09:52 AM ---Also, why do publishers make you download the entire game even if you have the physical disc because they have patches. Does that mean the physical disc is so flawed that it is completely unplayable upon release? Have they ever heard of Quality Control?

--- End quote ---

The Xbox One doesn't play Xbox 360 discs directly. It's all done through software emulation. The physical 360 disc only serves as a validation tool - that the disc is in the machine. It doesn't do anything beyond that. It's similar to how game installs worked on the 360.

Matt:
Added to backwards-compatibility since the last update:

* Bejeweled 3
* Bomberman Live: Battlefest
* Boom Boom Rocket
* Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
* Call of Duty 2
* DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue
* Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
* Forza Horizon
* Gatling Gears
* Joust