Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 73038 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Xbox One
« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2016, 12:39 PM »
Some solid additions to the BC lineup since last time:

• Astropop
  • Burnout Paradise
  • Dead Space Ignition
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  • Escape Dead Island
  • Guardian Heroes
  • Medal of Honor: Airborne
  • Military Madness: Nectaris
  • Omega Five
  • Operation Flashpoint: Red River
  • Pure
  • Rayman Legends
  • Scarygirl
  • Skate 3
  • Trine 2
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2016, 11:46 PM »
I grabbed Titanfall 2 for $30 on WM.com last weekend...  pick up today.  Cannot wait to play next weekend some.  Just hoping I'm able to without adverse reaction to the screen.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 5, 2016, 06:01 PM »
I'm a novice with video games. 

We have an Xbox One and my son really wants Lego Indiana Jones. It appears its only compatible with Xbox 360.  What do you think the chances of them creating backward compatibility for this in the future?  Not sure if they've made any particular statements about all 360 games will eventually be backward compatible on Xbox One or not.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #123 on: December 5, 2016, 10:34 PM »
That one seems likely IMHO but that's very up in the air.  Tough one to guess on.  No real basis one way or the other.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #124 on: December 6, 2016, 03:20 PM »
There are a handful of LEGO games which have been made BC (Batman, Pirates of the Caribbean, and SW: The Complete Saga), so it's a possibility, but it's been a while (Feb. 2016) since the last one was added.

The Xbox website has a place to vote/leave feedback on what games go BC, but what effect that really has is anyone's guess, as it's generally up to the game's publisher if/when a game goes BC. But leaving feedback can't hurt, you know?

LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures

LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues

I would guess we'll see one or both of those games eventually, but it may be a while. Perhaps as we get closer to Indy 5 in 2019.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 6, 2016, 03:56 PM »
I didn't know about the voting so I was just checking it out... I was really excited to see that they're working on the Bioshock games.

I'd love a day when I can just install everything on the XB1 and shelve the 360.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #126 on: December 6, 2016, 05:33 PM »
The BioShock games probably won't ever be made BC. They were announced late last year, but apparently 2K was already in the middle of porting them to the current consoles, and why would you give people the old games for free when you can sell them new "remastered" versions instead? So the Xbox 360 versions are kind of stuck in BC limbo.

Anyway, be sure to check out BioShock: The Collection for Xbox One, available at a retailer near you, for $49.99.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2016, 06:23 PM by Matt »

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 9, 2016, 11:02 AM »
The BioShock games probably won't ever be made BC. They were announced late last year, but apparently 2K was already in the middle of porting them to the current consoles, and why would you give people the old games for free when you can sell them new "remastered" versions instead? So the Xbox 360 versions are kind of stuck in BC limbo.

Anyway, be sure to check out BioShock: The Collection for Xbox One, available at a retailer near you, for $49.99.

They shouldn't list them as in progress then on that voting page...

As for the 3-pack, I saw it at Best Buy yesterday at lunch... it was only $29.99

If it hit $20 I'd probably pick it up.
« Last Edit: December 9, 2016, 11:03 AM by Rob »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 12, 2016, 10:16 AM »
Picked up an Xbox one S with Battlefield 1 for $249 at amazon yesterday.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #129 on: December 13, 2016, 01:10 PM »
Re: BioShock

BioShock, BioShock 2 & BioShock Infinite are coming to Xbox One Back Compat today making it 300+ back compat titles mjr.mn/BackCompat

Told you it was just a matter of time, Rob. ;)

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 13, 2016, 03:24 PM »
Told you it was just a matter of time, Rob. ;)

Ha.

I'm going to need a bigger HD to get all these 360 games installed. 

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #131 on: December 14, 2016, 06:12 PM »
Xbox offers a free game to celebrate 300 backward-compatible titles

Xbox is celebrating the addition of the three BioShock games to the Xbox One's backward compatibility catalog by offering one for free to everyone: Lost Odyssey.

Larry Hryb, better known as Xbox Live's Major Nelson, tweeted out the offer this afternoon. Lost Odyssey will be available for free until Dec. 31. Additionally, the JRPG Blue Dragon also is available for purchase online. Previously the two titles had been backward-compatible only by putting the original Xbox 360 disc in the tray.

Yesterday, Phil Spencer, the head of Microsoft's Xbox division, noted that nearly half of all Xbox One owners use the console to play backward-compatible games. The feature launched in November 2015, and since then all of the games offered for Xbox 360 in the Games With Gold program have been backward-compatible titles.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 14, 2016, 09:42 PM »
How does this work?  Do you need a gold live account thing?  How do you download these?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #133 on: December 14, 2016, 10:30 PM »
Lost Odyssey is free for everyone through the 31st. You should be able to access it on your Xbox One console. You can also access it through Xbox.com.

You do need an Xbox LIVE Gold account for the Games with Gold program mentioned in that quote. That gives you several different free Xbox One and Xbox 360 games (which are all BC) each month.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 26, 2017, 11:51 AM »
I'm always late to the part, but I just found out about Ace Combat 7.  I used to love those games, so I'm excited.  The clouds in this trailer look awesome too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpgwu-xpG5w
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 11:54 AM by Rob »