Community > JD Sports Forum!

JediDefender Fantasy Football

<< < (5/31) > >>

Nicklab:
I think I've got to take issue with the waiver settings.  As things are set now, waiver moves won't be processed until Saturday.  The season opener, however, is TONIGHT.  And I can't say that I'm pleased with Yahoo, since I had to autodraft and wound up with a player in a roster spot who had just been put on IR.  Yahoo, however, is listing that particular player as NA (not active).  Hence my desire to make a waiver move since I got screwed by the autodraft process.

Morgbug:

--- Quote from: Nicklab on September  5, 2013, 05:33 PM ---I think I've got to take issue with the waiver settings.  As things are set now, waiver moves won't be processed until Saturday.  The season opener, however, is TONIGHT.  And I can't say that I'm pleased with Yahoo, since I had to autodraft and wound up with a player in a roster spot who had just been put on IR.  Yahoo, however, is listing that particular player as NA (not active).  Hence my desire to make a waiver move since I got screwed by the autodraft process.

--- End quote ---

All JD leagues have a two day wait following the draft, not just football.  You can take issue with it but it's the proximity of the draft to the start of the games that is the issue, not the setting.  I appreciate it sucks for you but those settings really weren't open to discussion.  We always try to draft as close to the start of the season as we can so that folks don't end up with an injury shortly after the draft.

Autodraft sucks.  Almost invariably. 

Looking at your team I'm not sure I understand the urgency to make a move.  I know the opener is tonight and maybe there's someone you want badly but we're talking about one game here.  I can't think of anyone that's going to make a huge difference tonight that isn't already drafted.  Help me understand. 

As for the NA player, he doesn't play until Sunday and players are FA on Saturday.  It's a little frustrating, but it's autodraft and it was a player taken in the 11th round. 

Morgbug:
 ;D

JediJman:

--- Quote from: Nicklab on September  5, 2013, 05:33 PM ---I think I've got to take issue with the waiver settings.  As things are set now, waiver moves won't be processed until Saturday.  The season opener, however, is TONIGHT.  And I can't say that I'm pleased with Yahoo, since I had to autodraft and wound up with a player in a roster spot who had just been put on IR.  Yahoo, however, is listing that particular player as NA (not active).  Hence my desire to make a waiver move since I got screwed by the autodraft process.

--- End quote ---

That sucks, but the solution is not to autodraft.  I wound up losing my connection one or twice the last few years and just a single autodraft pick can throw off your draft plan.  Like Brett said, you still have an opportunity to pick up guys before the Sunday games, so heopefully that helps you land who you want.  Good luck this week.

Nicklab:
The more appropriate solution moving forward seems to be having the draft an appropriate length of time before the season opener in order to accommodate any waiver moves.  I understand the concern regarding injuries leading up to the start of the season.  But the first game of the season seems as if it should be the chief concern, not having that waiver wire clear one day before the first SUNDAY of the regular season.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version