Author Topic: 3.75" Black Series Rumors  (Read 86660 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Black Series Rumors
« Reply #195 on: December 6, 2016, 12:53 PM »
Yeah those slammed my area, and of course immediately before the RO case began shipping. 

The cool news is they're selling...  Slowly but surely.  Finn and Poe likely wouldn't but the rest save for Leia are doing ok.

The multi piece weapons with the RO figures are exquisite btw.  Total aside but the kind of thing this line needs more of! 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #196 on: December 6, 2016, 01:21 PM »
Ahh ok, I never saw a case listing for wave 4 so assumed with so many older figures it wasn't a greatest hits case. When I found the wave 4 figures ealier in the year, I found each figure at separate stores. Crazy that there was such a logjam, of course Finn and Poe caused it, but I figured this wave was just not produced at high enough numbers.

JJ - you were one of the first people I thought of when I opened Jyn and played with her rifle. Very cool stuff!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #197 on: December 7, 2016, 01:52 AM »
Really well done stuff like that makes the price kind of a non issue...  The DT is really nicely done too.  Be cool if he had maybe more weapons for diversity but I'll live.  He's pretty perfect all around.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #198 on: December 7, 2016, 02:19 AM »
Really well done stuff like that makes the price kind of a non issue...  The DT is really nicely done too.  Be cool if he had maybe more weapons for diversity but I'll live.  He's pretty perfect all around.

Yeah both Jyn and the Deathtrooper are really great figures, some of their best work. Without knowing enough about th DT gear, I'm surprised you aren't noting that the figure doesn't have a holster for his side arm like the 6" figure does.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #199 on: December 7, 2016, 01:50 PM »
Can't say I noticed one in the trailers but instead flcused on the main weapons they carry.  Sniper versions of things and whatnot.  A holster for it wouldve been cool though for sure.  I'm surprised they resculpted it too.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 13, 2016, 10:30 PM »
Yeah that Han/Leia/Phasma wave hit the state of Missouri over the past 10 days in ridiculous numbers at certain Walmarts... too bad it wasn't evenly distributed several months ago like it should have been.  I hope Walmart's days as the sole provider of this line are numbered.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 13, 2017, 10:24 AM »
A rumor from JTA, so take that into account for this:

-FALL '17 possible TLJ wave - Jedi Master Luke, Snoke, and a "red guard"
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 10:24 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 13, 2017, 04:13 PM »
JTA has a rumor of a possible wave that includes 2 main characters from the movie and a guard-like figure in red?  That is some crack reporting JTA.  Bold predictions indeed.  You're hearing it first right here on on Jedidefender, but there is a strong possibility that we may see both a Rey and a Finn figure in an upcoming wave, and also some kind of non-humanish character as well.  Also, all three figures will come with accessories.  Boom!  Heard it hear first.  Suck it JTA.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 06:20 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #203 on: February 13, 2017, 04:42 PM »
 :D

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 13, 2017, 07:55 PM »
I honestly don't understand what's been going on over at JTA - they are definitely outspoken against Hasbro and openly aggressive about the things they don't like, but yet when it comes to rumors they post these cryptic stories with symbols or metaphors that you are left to figure out and the mods state "this is the way we have to be". Is it really? Hasbro is going to control the rumors you put out, but they're okay with you stating that everything they produce is a piece of garbage and that their decisions suck? Ummm, yeah... okay  ::)
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 14, 2017, 09:25 AM »
Word has been spreading that Hasbro and their new PR firm are clamping down in a restrictive way.  This may be at the direction of Disney, but that's unverified.  But that seems to be the reasoning behind some rather.... cryptic communications from some sites lately.

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 15, 2017, 05:08 PM »
Word has been spreading that Hasbro and their new PR firm are clamping down in a restrictive way.  This may be at the direction of Disney, but that's unverified.  But that seems to be the reasoning behind some rather.... cryptic communications from some sites lately.

Cryptic communications...like this post?   ???
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 15, 2017, 06:20 PM »
I've gotten the same sense that Nick has.  At JTA and Yak.  Maybe Jayson or Jeff can verify this?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 15, 2017, 07:50 PM »
The short version (from what I've heard from one site owner) is that Hasbro's new PR company is playing hardball with fan sites that don't tow their line.  Run a rumor report or leak or some new product that they don't want publicized yet, and the PR company may cut off access to that site.  That could mean no press releases.  Or possibly no credentials for an event like Toy Fair.

I heard about one site being in just such a doghouse with the PR company (and by proxy Hasbro).  That site wound up resorting to some cryptic postings in an effort to work around the conditions set by the PR company.

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 15, 2017, 09:45 PM »
I think any of those guys would tell you that they are at times privy to information that Hasbro doesn't want released to the general public yet.  They're trusted with early news along with other perks like samples or special events, so they can add to the buzz once Hasbro has made their official announcements.  I can kind of see their point - if they have some big announcement for Toy Fair and it gets out early, that has the potential to hurt ticket sales, make the event less relevant, or whatever.  It's their news to share, so I suppose they have a right to be dicks about who gets to share it and when, though I do think they could go about it in a much more productive way.

But spilling the news early has always been a big deal with Hasbro - that's not a new mandate coming out of Disney or some new PR managment.  In a prior life (over a decade ago now) I shared some news about six new SW figures I saw in a planogram room.  I was excited to share something new with fellow collectors and there was no policy on keeping product info from the POG quiet (seeing as how I worked on a category that didn't have those kinds of concerns).  I didn't even share pictures - just mentioned the package type and the characters I saw.  The official news came out a week or two later anyway.  Still, Hasbro tracked me down by threatening the collecting site.  They sent me an apology that they had to divulge their source, then Hasbro went to the retailer I was supporting and forced that retailer to take me off the account -even though I was working in an entirely different department and rarely had access to anything in Toys.  No warning, no explanations.  Just a complete ban.  Luckily my own company understood and assigned me to another retailer, but that's a lot of effort on their part to punish someone for a fairly harmless mistake. 

These days, there's all kinds of information coming out of online retailers, inventory applications, or even overseas.  If collecting sites like this one see product codes or descriptions on other sites, they can hardly be blamed for sharing information that's already been made public by someone else.  Its really unfortunate in my opinion.  You take the most die hard supporters and information brokers of your product and neuter their ability to generate excitement and interest for new stuff. It has the potential to create a lot of negativity around something that should be making people excited and happy.