Author Topic: Retail Prices/Sales/Discounts  (Read 3507 times)

Online JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Begin each day like it was on purpose.
    • View Profile
Re: Retail Prices/Sales/Discounts
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2015, 01:09 AM »
I think when they are marking the clearance the stuff gets bounced around a little.  They probably toss it in a cart (damage), then toss something else on top of it (damage), then slap it around while they put that red clearance sticker on (damage) before carefully placing it in a perfect front facing and orderly spot on the shelves.  Then some kid rifles through and knocks them on the ground (damage).  The 3 I got this weekend were in pretty good shape.
"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue. "

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi General
  • Deceived? WHAT?!?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 19, 2015, 10:16 AM »
Crazy clearance sales at Walgreens stores. They were priced pretty high before, but phase 2 TBS 3.75" figures are being clearanced out for $1.38 each.  I picked up another of the ROTJ R5 units. 
"You were entrusted to lead the Republic." - Vote for Ven Zallow from THE OLD REPUBLIC in figure polls!

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2015, 10:40 AM »
Crazy clearance sales at Walgreens stores. They were priced pretty high before, but phase 2 TBS 3.75" figures are being clearanced out for $1.38 each.  I picked up another of the ROTJ R5 units.

Nice! I'm hitting a bunch on my way home.

And yet, for some reason they refuse to put the GoT figures on clearance despite the fact these have been gethering dust for months now.  ::)
Shemhamforash!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Council Member
  • i can't stop this feelin'
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2015, 02:21 PM »

Thanks for the tip, Nick.  I hit a few today at lunch but didn't find any left at my closest three Walgreens.  :(

And yet, for some reason they refuse to put the GoT figures on clearance despite the fact these have been gethering dust for months now.  ::)

They were 40-60% off at the stores I hit today...  well, I should say Tyrion was, since he was the only one I saw.  About $8-9 each for the most part.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender / Follow me -> @jlsmentek

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2015, 10:55 PM »
I picked up a Vizam,  R5-D4, and Yoda for $1.19 each after hitting a few different Walgreens. Most of the locations had none at all. Glad to have found what little I did.
Shemhamforash!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Council Member
  • i can't stop this feelin'
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #110 on: August 20, 2015, 12:51 PM »
Site-wide free shipping at Hasbro Toy Shop TODAY and TOMORROW only.  Use promo code SummerFS.

Legal stuff:
Free Standard Shipping on HasbroToyShop.com orders of most products currently for sale on HasbroToyShop.com. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Offer excludes purchases of HasbroToyShop.com exclusives. Other exclusions may apply. Valid while supplies last. No rain checks. Not valid on previous orders. Offer may expire or be withdrawn without notice due to error, fraud, or unforeseen circumstances. Offer valid in U.S. only. Void where prohibited. Subject to terms and conditions of use and HasbroToyShop.com policies. Offer expires August 21, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
2015 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender / Follow me -> @jlsmentek