Collectibles > Kubricks

2013 Medicom Toy Exhibition Preview Party R5-D4

<< < (2/4) > >>

Dan:
Might as well start a thread  ;)

I saw one on ebay with a starting bid of $99 already  ::)

I will mostly likely pass unless this becomes a $35 item-

Jonny:
I can't see any differences to the DX3 version...anyone else notice any? I know the PARCO figures over the last few years have been slight variants (Ben, Anakin) so I'm surprised so see a straight up carded figure.

space monkey:
So much for the idea for the give away carded exclusive to be from ROTJ. But when am I every right trying to guess these things?

R5-D4 Is so random, but eh whatever it's better for me when it is not desirable. A holo Luke I would want.

It should be noted that Medicom are putting out new SW stuff i.e. the new tie pilot RAH, so it's not a license issue that's preventing us from getting new kubricks.

Question for you guys: Was it ever definitively confirmed that the DX vintage Kenobi and the one that was put on a card for the Parco show had different paint jobs i.e. white versus grey hair?

The reason I ask is because in the medicom toy manual the same picture is used so I assumed they were probably the same kubrick. I obviously don't own the carded version but I'm sure some one that does can say otherwise.

Symposium:

--- Quote from: space monkey on June 23, 2013, 12:28 AM ---it's not a license issue that's preventing us from getting new kubricks.

--- End quote ---

It never was as they stopped doing new kubricks after the Real Steel 2 packs and DX4. It's just been re-releases on card for shows. I honestly think it's because a) they didn't make enough money off of them and b) they can do the same thing with bearbricks but a lot easier.

JediJman:
I have both Kenobi's and the carded one has clearly darker gray hair.  Confirmed.   ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version