Author Topic: Pacific Rim Toys  (Read 5821 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Pacific Rim Toys
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2013, 08:41 PM »
Thanks that is good to know. But sheesh, what happened to the first production run? How many did they even make? I figured I would have seen this in a TRU but I never even heard of them hitting a brick and mortar store.

Does BBTS ever give out promo codes for free shipping?  ;D
"Those fighting to be included in the ideal of equality are not being divisive; those fighting to keep those people out are."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2013, 09:33 AM »
I have never seen free shipping from BBTS - I think they don't do it because they know that people will take advantage of their pile of loot feature.

I don't think these 1/4 scale figures really make it to brick and mortar stores - they take up too much shelf space and I don't think many stores are willing to dedicate that much space to them.  TRU stores did carry wave 1 of the 1/4 scale Predators but I think they stopped after that wave and then just started selling them exclusively on their website.

And also, for what it worth, I check TRU.com nearly every day for new NECA items they put up for sale.  I did see the 1/4 GD put up for one day and it was in stock and I debated getting it too.  The next day it was pulled from their site from what I can tell.

So yeah, one day only - thats pretty fast for it to sell out.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2013, 11:11 PM »
I don't think these 1/4 scale figures really make it to brick and mortar stores - they take up too much shelf space and I don't think many stores are willing to dedicate that much space to them.  TRU stores did carry wave 1 of the 1/4 scale Predators but I think they stopped after that wave and then just started selling them exclusively on their website.

And also, for what it worth, I check TRU.com nearly every day for new NECA items they put up for sale.  I did see the 1/4 GD put up for one day and it was in stock and I debated getting it too.  The next day it was pulled from their site from what I can tell.

So yeah, one day only - thats pretty fast for it to sell out.

Oh man, I saw it too and had it up ALL DAY on my computer and when I finally went to pull the trigger it was already gone. I was SO mad about that! I could have gotten it with free shipping too! The cheapest one I can find on Amazon is $145, no thanks.

I did notice it said "Item is available in stores" so maybe it will turn up in a TRU Express or something. I'm not giving up hope yet, but I am gonna stalk TRU.com like a mutha for the next few weeks!
"Those fighting to be included in the ideal of equality are not being divisive; those fighting to keep those people out are."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2013, 08:12 AM »
tru.com put the 1/4 GD back up online but it was not in stock when I saw it - here is the listing.  Maybe they are going to put more back online?

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19790026&cp=&parentPage=search

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2013, 10:33 AM »
tru.com put the 1/4 GD back up online but it was not in stock when I saw it - here is the listing.  Maybe they are going to put more back online?

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19790026&cp=&parentPage=search

Wow, great catch. I checked like 3-4 times at least yesterday so the listing must have just gone up overnight. As soon as that goes available I am pouncing on it!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 10:33 AM by McMetal »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2013, 10:11 PM »

And now it's gone again... ???

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2013, 10:42 AM »
it wasn't in stock when I found it - just listed again

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2013, 03:21 PM »
Oh, I know, but now even the listing is gone! Why did they even bother putting it up? Never came into stock that I saw.

I'm torn on this one, don't want to overpay but fear the limited run could make it only harder to find the longer I wait.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2014, 12:54 PM »
Bam! Just scored the 18" Gipsy Danger with free shipping off TRU.com! So glad I bookmarked that page when I had a chance. It was actually listed as In Stock this morning so I did not hesitate to pull the trigger this time around.

Now I just hope it arrives in halfway decent shape...I have had same bad shipping experiences with ordering online from them in the past. (Knock on wood, fingers crossed, etc)

I'm glad I waited this out, have not seen the price drop on Amazon or eBay at all to this point...

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2014, 08:30 AM »
lol you beat me!  I was comin here to tell ya!

there is a coupon today for 15% off if you can cancel and reorder:  15FORYOU

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2014, 01:46 PM »
lol you beat me!  I was comin here to tell ya!

there is a coupon today for 15% off if you can cancel and reorder:  15FORYOU

Thanks, according to your link though it is unavilable to add to cart now? That was quick!

At any rate, I appreciate the head's up, but I'm not taking any chances, my order was confirmed via email already and I'm very happy with the $105 price tag. I actually took advantage of a recurring Bill Me Later deal to get 6 months with no interest to pay it off which is only available for orders over $99. That made it a lot more palatable.

I looked around last night for info on other upcoming stuff...sounds like the 7" Wave 3 is expected in February. Not sure about that 18" Knifehead though, I think "second quarter" was the estimate BBTS had on their listing.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2014, 04:28 PM »
we will be seeing series 3 and beyond at TF according to hints Randy has dropped on Twitter.  Pretty sure he even hinted at more coming for the 18" line too

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2014, 10:07 AM »
Got my 18" Gipsy Danger in the mail yesterday. Holy crap. One of the Top 10 toys I have ever bought in my whole life. Six pounds of pure awesome! I love this thing!

Can't wait to see what they have coming up at TF...

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2014, 06:11 AM »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2014, 09:22 AM »
pics of the new Jaegers

http://idlehands1.blogspot.com/2014/01/toy-fair-2014-necas-pacific-rim-series-3.html#more

Thank you!!! Those look incredibly awesome! Last I heard wave 3 was due next month...hope that is still on track.

I guess that would be about it for the jaegers, still plenty of good kaiju left to make though.