Author Topic: Pacific Rim Toys  (Read 25215 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Pacific Rim Toys
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2014, 10:32 AM »
My Knifehead should be arriving with today's mail. I don't really have space for it but I'm excited nonetheless.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2014, 05:55 PM »
Got the Knifehead today! I am disappointed by the poor construction (soft plastic and hollow parts), but the insane level of cool once this thing is assembled and displayed more than makes up for the shortcomings.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 05:55 PM by Greg »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2014, 09:43 PM »
I saw the 18" Gypsy Danger today at TRU.  OMG, is that thing HUGE!!!!  And if they make a Kaiju in the same scale?  It's going to be absolutely massive!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2014, 08:41 AM »
Got the Knifehead today! I am disappointed by the poor construction (soft plastic and hollow parts), but the insane level of cool once this thing is assembled and displayed more than makes up for the shortcomings.

I dunno, it feels pretty hefty to me, but some of the stiff joints on mine make me nervous, given Neca's track record of QC. I can't really get much range of motion out of the "big arms" it seems. Dude is a little front heavy too.

I don't have room for many more of these, but I could do with maybe one more Kaiju to go along with Cherno.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2014, 10:29 AM »

I dunno, it feels pretty hefty to me, but some of the stiff joints on mine make me nervous, given Neca's track record of QC. I can't really get much range of motion out of the "big arms" it seems. Dude is a little front heavy too.

That's odd, I'm more worried about joints just giving out over time than I am for them breaking. Also I should probably clarify that the construction isn't awful as I haven't had anything break (knock on wood), it just seems like much lesser-quality compared to the Gipsy figure.

Anyway, here are some pics:

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 8, 2014, 09:40 PM »
Not sure how I missed this, but apparently there was another 18" figure announced by NECA last month: Battle Damaged Gypsy Danger with Plasma Cannon (sorry, no link...I saw it over at Neca's home page though) I believe the estimated date of arrival was September?

Would have preferred another Jaeger or Kaiju rather than a variant at this point, but it looks cool nonetheless. Sigh, guess I will have to find more room somewhere...

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2014, 05:43 PM »
I went ahead and ordered Scunner off TRU.com, not sure how long it will be til these show up around here. There was some other stuff I needed so I ended up getting free shipping at least.

Looking forward to getting my hands on the upcoming SDCC Exclusive Jaeger set!

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2014, 12:34 PM »
My Scunner just arrived from BBTS.com.  Another great-looking Kaiju.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2014, 09:26 PM »
I was just able to order the SDCC Exclusive "Ending Credits" Jaeger set from NECA's website. Cost plus $13 shipping, best deal I ever got on an SDCC exclusive.

Now I kinda wish I hadn't predordered one for $85, but who knows if my seller will even be able to get one out there. And if so I'm pretty sure I can get my money back for the other one off the secondary market.

Scunner arrived today from TRU.com too!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2014, 08:33 AM »
I was just able to order the SDCC Exclusive "Ending Credits" Jaeger set from NECA's website. Cost plus $13 shipping, best deal I ever got on an SDCC exclusive.

Now I kinda wish I hadn't predordered one for $85, but who knows if my seller will even be able to get one out there. And if so I'm pretty sure I can get my money back for the other one off the secondary market.

Dang, looks like I may be stuck with 2 of these now. (The SDCC sets) Last year nearly all of my preorders fell thorugh, pretty much the opposite this year though. I'd rather it be this way honestly though.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2014, 09:46 AM »

Dang, looks like I may be stuck with 2 of these now. (The SDCC sets) Last year nearly all of my preorders fell thorugh, pretty much the opposite this year though. I'd rather it be this way honestly though.

I'm sure it won't be too difficult to sell or trade the extra. It seems like an item that will only go up in value, especially with all of the Pacific Rim media coming over the next few years.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2014, 10:32 AM »
Yeah, i am hoping so too. Man, did you see all the new swag at NECA's display last night?!?! They are CRUSHING Hasbro.

18" Cherno Alpha looks mondo-awesome, as well as the Plasma Cannon Gypsy Danger.

2 new Gypsy re-sculpts?!? With battleship accessory? YES PLEASE!

All new Jaeger wave with 3 never before seen Jaegers not even in the film that all look amazing? YES PLEASE!

Pretty sure this is the best thing I will see coming out of SDCC this week. They have done a fantastic job with this line!

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2014, 10:34 AM »
Yeah, i am hoping so too. Man, did you see all the new swag at NECA's display last night?!?! They are CRUSHING Hasbro.

18" Cherno Alpha looks mondo-awesome, as well as the Plasma Cannon Gypsy Danger.

2 new Gypsy re-sculpts?!? With battleship accessory? YES PLEASE!

All new Jaeger wave with 3 never before seen Jaegers not even in the film that all look amazing? YES PLEASE!

Pretty sure this is the best thing I will see coming out of SDCC this week. They have done a fantastic job with this line!

Do you have a link? I only saw the pic of  Otachi that Neca had up this morning.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2014, 12:16 PM »
Here you go, brother...enjoy the goodness!

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=139&itemid=22985

Oddly enough I missed the picture of Otachi, will have to hunt that down tonight. That was definitely the next needed Kaiju though. And then Slattern.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2014, 12:39 PM »
Here you go, brother...enjoy the goodness!

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=139&itemid=22985

Oddly enough I missed the picture of Otachi, will have to hunt that down tonight. That was definitely the next needed Kaiju though. And then Slattern.

Soooo awesome. Even Axehead, a straight repaint, looks pretty sweet!

Here's that otachi pic: