Author Topic: Who are these People!!!  (Read 15485 times)

Offline Valtar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Impressive... Most Impressive.
    • View Profile
    • Valtarz Customz 'n' Artz
Re: Who are these People!!!
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2003, 07:58 PM »
VALTAR

Name: Johnny
Children: None
Pet: Outside Cat
Toy Lines I collect: SW,  Marvel, MOTU
Sports Teams: The Aints ooooPPs the Saints, LSU Baseball, and Womens Softball ;D
Band: Linkin Park  

I remember it like it was yesterday... My mom kept me out of School one day and took me to see Star Wars,  seems she did that for every new SW movie after that as well.   As for my First SW toys was a 3 3/4 Darth Vader He lost his head a long time ago... I Have been a Imperial Follower ever sence.    ;D  

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2003, 11:12 PM »
name:         Brent Elliott
location:      Siberia for toy collecting aka Minnesota North (Winnipeg)
age:          physically - 64; mentally - 15; chronologically - 39  
status:      married (10 years, 6 months, 10 days but who's counting  
children:      1 - Sydney 3 1/4 and an absolute gem
pets:           1 - cat Kmir ;D
music:         mostly older metal, but apparently most of what I now buy is alternative ???  AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Boston, Metallica, Stones, Blink 182, Green Day, etc.
job:             extension entomologist (read state entomologist north) - I play with bugs and get paid for it
toylines:      Too damn many.  SW (playskool, 3 3/4, vehicles, unleashed, Epic Force, Kubricks; no dolls :P; Marvel Legends, Batman Zipline, Simpsons (mostly Homers), McFarlane SportsPicks - mostly NHL though some football; Movie Maniacs but only Predators and probably some other crap, which if I don't currently collect it, I'll soon start (except LOTR - I know my limitations)

Being a tad more "matoor" than some here, I vividly remember seeing Star Wars (that's what it was called when if first came out y'know ;)) when I was 13.  I attended a pretty tough school, so playing with 'toys' at that time wasn't cool, so I never actually owned a vintage Star Wars toy.  The last "toy" I received was a 12" GI Joe with the Kung Fu grip, probably around 1976 or so (yes, before you were born).  I've always loved all the movies but being 'cool', girls, playing sports and drinking took precedence for those years.  

In 1995 I was in grad school and thought I would taunt my grad school advisor by getting him an OB-1 figure that I'd seen at a local store (Woolco for the Canuckleheads).  I was sharing an office with a girl, so I got her Leia (she was always the favorite) and myself a Vader (yup, long saber) to complete the trifecta and make a quasi-political statement about life as a grad student.  Accursed advisor always giving me a hard time so I often envisioned having Vader-like choking powers.  Makes committee meetings much, much more enjoyable ;)

Given that I loved SW so much and there were only a few figures available, I decided to get them all, maybe a dozen at the time.  Then more came out :o  I managed to keep up while on a pretty tight budget, but began getting frustrated when Canada started to suck evermore with respect to SW toys.  We missed the tail end of pretty much every "line" and eventually I just stopped.  I had followed Rebelscum from the outset and CollectStarWars as well though I never got into the forums.

Episode I got me back into it with the plethora of available toys, but when we got screwed over again, I quit again.  

While walking through TRU looking for baby stuff (my kid) about 3 1/2 years ago I saw some POTJ stuff and really liked what they'd done and started collecting then.  I also started on some boards around then and began trading.  Rebelscum was my first good home followed by snowtroopers.ca eh?  Now I call this place home ;D  I still like snowtroopers, but Canada really sucks for toys, so discussion is minimal these days.  

I am missing nothing I want from the current (1995- present) lines that has been out for a considerable time.  I order mostly online or rely on my good friends here (chuckles, OCB, JediMac, Jango Fettish and others) for their gracious assistance in obtaining my schtuff.   :D

Oh yeah, I'm pretty long winded too. ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Becky

• Youngling
  • Peace..
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2003, 11:24 PM »
Gypsyforce

Name:  Becky C.
Occupation:  Working in retail right now but I am really looking for something different.  I also do photography in my spare time.  

Children:  None
Pets:  A very spoiled cat
Toy lines that I collect:  Star Wars and some of the Lord of the Rings.  (I also collect old cameras.)
Music:  I like a variety depending on my mood.

I remember seeing Star Wars for the first time at the drive-in.  I thought, it was just awesome.  I have been hooked since.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2003, 11:26 PM by gypsyforce »

Offline Karma

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2003, 08:31 AM »
Helllo again everyone...the last month had me very busy with work and school (and GenCon) so I hadn't posted too much. This thread sounded like a good way to get re-started!

Name: Karen
Pet: None, allergic to everything

I'd seen Star Wars a zillion times but didn't get into collecting until after the anniversary re-releases. I collect mostly all modern Star Wars figures and am contantly filling in the holes in my  POTF stuff. It never ends!!!!

Offline carebear

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2003, 08:35 PM »
Name:    Carrie
Pets: 4 Cats, Yes 4 - Corona, Shadow, Chloey and Anakin  ;D

What I collect:  Cows on Parade and Star Wars too (because Dustrho!)
Sports: I LOVE FOOTBALL! Hockey is cool too.
Music: Anything that helps me drive fast is fine with me.

I remember my brother won tickets to see Star Wars when we were kids.  I got back into it after Chris did.
Carrie Rhoads
DUSTRHO is my hubby!!!

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2003, 07:34 PM »
Anyone else want to chime in?  This was a great thread!   8)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2003, 07:57 PM »
name: dave castle
location: bayonne, new jersey (or as i like to call it, the fourth level of hell)
children: none that i know of
pets: 1 fish - betta named "chuckles"
occupation: assisstant manager at mom & pop version of best buy, part time self employed new media designer
music: anything that sounds good to me... including (but not limited to): pearl jam, slayer, dying fetus, dmx, hatebreed, static x, life of agony, 50 cent, and many many more
collector of: many things.... dvd's, compact discs, books, comic books, nightmare before christmas anything, and of course star wars anything
sports: seattle seahawks, new york yankees, new york rangers, colorado avalanche
hobbies: watching movies, reading books, listening to music, i'm also a musician of sorts (playing guitar for 16 years, bass, drums, keyboard/piano)
identifying marks: 2 tattoos - a pearl jam stick man on my right arm, and a tribal piece on my back - going for my mandalorian skull soon
question most often asked: what the hell does jokabofe mean and how do you say it?

well, being one of the "old timers" here, i can say that i do remember seeing star wars on the big screen, sans "a new hope". i was 7 at the time, but  i remember it like it was yesterday. i was instantly hooked. this continued till about '84 - '85, when i discovered that girls don't like guys that play with toys, they like guys that play with guitars better. so i ditched all my sw stuff for a sweet les paul, which i still own today, along with several other guitars. around '93, i started getting back into star wars, when i noticed that the comic shop i went to weekly had a box set of the trilogy on vhs available for sale. i bought it, went home, and the rest is history. luckily for me, i hit ebay around that time, just before the "big bang" of star wars collecting, and was able to pick up plenty of vintage star wars toys cheap. and i do mean cheap. then with the potf reintroduced in '95, it was all down hill from there. and here's where i am today :)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2003, 08:02 PM by jokabofe »

Offline BobaShek

• Jedi Initiate
  • OT Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2003, 08:05 PM »
By the way, what the hell does jokabofe mean and how do you say it? ;) :P

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2003, 08:16 PM »
By the way, what the hell does jokabofe mean and how do you say it? ;) :P

lol... as far as how to say it... you got me. as far as what it means, it goes like this (and i know i'm gonna hear about it, just like i heard about it when i told the story of how i came to be a seahawks fan... )

anyway, back in the day when i first got online i was using the abomination known as aol. so, you were forced to pick a screen name. of course, i went for the name of my favorite sw character, boba fett. but, alas, it was taken by some other fanboy already. and i didn't want to be bobafett213251, so i tried the "other" boba fett, jodo kast. but that, too, was taken. so, being the amazingly creative person that i am, i took the first two letters the first and last name of jodo kast and the first two letters of the first and last name of boba fett, and came up with jo ka bo fe. hey, it might be corny, but at least i know that wherever i go, i can sign up with that username and nobody ever has it ;D - and i don't want anybody going around signing up for stuff using my name now either  >:(

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2003, 08:29 PM »
(and i know i'm gonna hear about it, just like i heard about it when i told the story of how i came to be a seahawks fan... )

Now who would do something mean like that...   ::)   ;D

jokabofe...  Glad I finally know the meaning of that particular perplexity (is that a word?), as I was about to ask you the same thing!  Now I just have to dart around online and see where I can swipe that uber-creative name from ya' still!   :-*
« Last Edit: November 12, 2003, 08:42 PM by JediMAC »

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2003, 08:41 PM »
well, if we ever do another scavenger hunt, you can make one of the questions about how i came up with it  ;)

Offline BobaShek

• Jedi Initiate
  • OT Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2003, 08:51 PM »
I would have never guessed that that was how your username was formed. Quite creative. :)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2003, 07:36 AM »
I think I'll just call you Dave ;)
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2003, 04:31 PM »
So I guess it would be pronounced "Joh-Kah-Boh-Feh"?

Dave is easier.  ;D
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2003, 12:18 AM »
So I guess it would be pronounced "Joh-Kah-Boh-Feh"?

Dave is easier.  ;D

yeah, i guess  ::)

;D