Collectibles > The Black Series 3.75"

2013 Star Wars Evolution Set

<< < (2/4) > >>

SnTrooper:

--- Quote from: Jayson on July 16, 2013, 11:17 AM ---Target was the retail partner, but that was at Toy Fair. Maybe things changed (that never happens)  ::) :P

--- End quote ---
Target has the one with the table. This one was always an online exclusive.

Jayson:

--- Quote from: SnTrooper on July 16, 2013, 12:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: Jayson on July 16, 2013, 11:17 AM ---Target was the retail partner, but that was at Toy Fair. Maybe things changed (that never happens)  ::) :P

--- End quote ---
Target has the one with the table. This one was always an online exclusive.

--- End quote ---

That's right, thanks for the reminder.

Nicklab:
The concept has always been kind of cool.  But in the case of Anakin it's revisiting something that was done back in 2005.  Now if this is a BBTS exclusive, it makes that much less sense.  BBTS is really collector focused.  If you wanted to appeal to more casual fans with this set, an online exclusive was not the way to go.  A set like this would need brick & mortar retail exposure.

Jesse James:
If it were cheap, I could impulse buy it, and the packaging were some exquisite Vintage-esque design, I'd be into it because it's such a central character, and I'd actually leave it packaged which I rarely do.  It'd be kind of centerpiece-ish.  As it stands, like Nick said, it's barely a notch above a rehash of the original Vader Evo set... 

I totally love Evolutions though...  Really a dropped ball in terms of what they COULD have done.  Especially if they delved into the concept level...  Concept, Figure, Concept, Figure, Concept, Figure...  a 6 figure set would prompt me to drop some coin, especially if it had new McQuarrie figures in it.

Concept RFT, RFT, Concept Hoth Rebel, Hoth Rebel, Concept Endor Rebel, Endor Rebel...  I'm there in a heartbeat.

Jayson:
Looks like this set is coming this month according to Entertainment Earth. Still no clue as to how this will be packaged but if the Jedi Knight sets are any indication, I'm betting the Vader/Lava 2.0 line look.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version