Author Topic: Amazon Droid Factory Multi-Pack  (Read 26041 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Amazon Droid Factory Multi-Pack
« Reply #45 on: November 2, 2013, 05:28 PM »
The pilot droid comes apart.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2013, 10:00 AM »
The pilot droid comes apart.

So do all the figures if you really try.  :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2013, 09:22 PM »
$40 on Amazon now...  Far better deal, but really they were worthy at $60 considering you got a bunch of basically army builder repaints and a couple dandy droids.

If people can unwrap themselves from the thought that they're paying $60 for 2 figures, they'd probably be happier collectors.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2013, 09:35 PM »
$40 on Amazon now...  Far better deal, but really they were worthy at $60 considering you got a bunch of basically army builder repaints and a couple dandy droids.

If people can unwrap themselves from the thought that they're paying $60 for 2 figures, they'd probably be happier collectors.

It's easier to swallow when you sell off the other figures to friends. It's how I just justified buying the set. While it was great for this to be an army builder set, I either had enough of a particular fig (Sandtrooper) or no desire for a fig (the clone). Thankfully someone is taking most of these off my hands so I can keep the BADs. Also made sure to click the banner on the news page to give a little something something to JD   :-*
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2013, 09:44 PM »
I wound up keeping all my figs and I think I'd like to only sell off the red Battledroid for like $8...  I just don't like that new sculpt's diminutive stature.  I was more or less happy to get the rest...  I didn't need any, but, eh, whatever.  The TIE Pilot at least was kind of interesting.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2013, 10:01 AM »
Just ordered them from Amazon using the $40 deal. I had some money left on my rewards card so they ended up being free for me.  I could always use some new troops.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2013, 10:55 AM »
Hooray for Amazon sales.  Picked up my first set at the $50 sale price and now I just ordered one for $40.  That works out to $7.50 per fig for some nice army builders and two freebie droids.  I'll wait to grab a third set until they hit $30.  :P

Like others have said, if Hasbro wanted to toss out a droid factory 8-pack like this via Amazon to get us the two 'lost' Astromech BADs (R8-B7 and R5-X2), that'd be A-OK with me. :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2013, 02:45 PM »
Yeah even at $60 I'd be fine...  Throw the parts in even with in-demand figures from TVC maybe?

-INC (head variant would be cool but not necessary)
-Echo Base Rebel
-Fleet Trooper (again, head variant's cool even if it's just painted different but not necessary)
-Bastilla Shan

and so forth...

I'd be quite happy to get more.  Sure there'd be bitching, but they got them out there in some capacity, and got those rockin' astromechs out to the public.

I'd be a sucker for a Droid Factory set a year really...   :-\

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2013, 11:51 AM »
I finally got around to opening the shipping box for my Droid Factory 6-pack.  I'm glad I bought it at the sale price, because when I looked at all of the figures in the set, I was kind of underwhelmed with the character selection.  FA-4 and TC-70 are cool, but otherwise the set seems a little lame.  There's nothing really new about them.  Aside from FA-4 and Jabba's protocol droid, the rest of the figures in the set feel like a bit of a letdown.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2013, 01:41 PM »
$29.99 as of now
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2013, 02:04 PM »
$29.99 as of now

That's slightly frustrating, as I ordered several sets for $40 back on Sunday. Hopefully Amazon is willing to do a price adjustment. At $30 the set is a steal.

EDIT: Got a price adjustment from Amazon in under 15 minutes after sending an e-mail. Sweet!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 02:31 PM by Greg »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2013, 02:38 PM »
I broke down and ordered a set. I hadn't planned on it, but at that price, hard to resist.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2013, 06:38 PM »
Praise Jesus.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2013, 10:19 PM »
Wow.  I had one or two days left before my return window closed.  So, I ordered another set and will return it when it arrives as the other order.  I'll get $25 back.  I could try emailing them to save the hassle, but sometimes they don't do it after the fact (Mine arrived at $59.99 almost a month ago) and I'd rather get $25 back than possibly miss out on the current low price.

Thanks for posting that.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 10:22 PM by Rob »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2013, 10:54 PM »
Heck yeah! I was hoping it would stay at $40 for a while and pick one up but I just placed my order for a set. Came out to $37 after tax and shipping for me in Texas, but still a great, great deal.

And since it's still Thanksgiving, thanks to Hasbro for killing my enthusiasm about the line! There was once a time where I would have bought this set the day it went online, now I hold off for a while and get it for half price!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks