Author Topic: 6" Black Series Wave 3 (2014 Wave 1)  (Read 27704 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series Wave 3 (aka 2014 Wave 1)
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2013, 07:40 PM »
I see all of Wave 1 warming the shelves at this point.  I'm worried that any carryovers will only make things worse.  If somebody hasn't been able to get their fill of this wave then they live under a rock.

I'm not sure there are a many 6" army builders, and I know I don't want two Han figures (sorry Jeff).

Maybe if they did case revisions to empty the warehouse of leftover wave 1 and 2 figures it might be okay, but I'm worried that two waves of Han is one too many.

It sold really well in my neck of the woods. Target today got wave 2 and every last wave 1 figure was gone.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2013, 07:47 PM »
They're the same here as Dave said, I see all of wave 1 except the Sandtrooper fairly regularly.  The Trooper, I see once in a while...  TRU has all of Wave 1 available at it though, several Targets, most of my K-Mart stores still have a smattering but sold through most of what they got except R2 and Mauls...  Lots of those.

So far I've seen Leia a bit...  She's early frontrunner from Wave 2, to not do well.  Kinda funny she's such a "fanboy" figure.

I think, at the price, double-dipping a figure at all is probably iffy...  Han, it makes sense slightly, but not much else does.  I think the price is a turn-off.

I wonder if production numbers are dramatically lower.  Like, comparatively speaking to the average 3.75" collector figures...  The 6" line is completely devoid of re-usable parts so far starting fresh, so I'm curious what those numbers ultimately are.  They've got to be wildly different.  Are 6" figs produced more like vehicles are/were?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2013, 08:24 PM »
So far I've seen Leia a bit...  She's early frontrunner from Wave 2, to not do well.  Kinda funny she's such a "fanboy" figure.

In my area, Greedo is the one that stays behind, and even then, he sells within a day or two.  As far as wave 1, I hardly see any Sandtroopers out in the wild.  I see Maul every now & then.  I'm sure Obi will warm shelves when wave 3 is released. 
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2013, 08:27 PM »
Han doesn't make a lot of sense. Boba, another trooper, Sandtrooper... but not Han. We'll see. Wave 1 is pegwarming here too.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2013, 08:38 PM »
I dunno, a solid figure you can display multiple ways...  He's a solid figure in a brand new line of unmade stuff...  So I disagree.  Honestly I'm just not sure I'd double up on ANYONE right now.  I know some of you are saying you see sell-through, but some of us aren't...  It's very regionally lopsided at this point.  $20's a bit tough to choke down on doubling up on anything though, to me.  At least right now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2013, 08:57 PM »
Yeah, it is hard to say about Wave 1.  It doesn't seem like any of them are particularly tough to find - at all really - but I will say that our local Target was stuffed with Wave 1 (two full rows on the shelf), and they slowly sold down a bit and then our store got a case of Wave 2 in - and those disappeared quickly and took most of the Wave 1 figures along with them (just a Sandtrooper and Luke remained).  I don't know if it was someone holding off and decided to buy in when Wave 2 hit, or what, but our store is down to just two figures now.  Wal-Mart here doesn't carry them, and TRU has had the same one case on the pegs for a bit now.

It will be interesting to see how the one carry forward figure is managed for each wave from now on.  I love the Han figure, so I don't mind seeing it out there again, but I could also see choosing Boba since he seems to be the one tougher for most to get.  As far as this wave, it seems obvious the Stormtrooper should be the carry forward into whatever Wave 4 is.  Looking at the rumor lists, we could probably figure out the best choice for each wave going forward.  I do have the suspicion we'll be seeing plenty of ROTS Obi-Wan on the shelves/pegs in 2014.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2013, 09:23 PM »
I find it hard to make any compelling argument for Han over Boba. EVERYONE wants a Boba. A spare set of hands and extra blaster is nice, but who's really going to buy two at that price?

I have seen this wave at least six times now and Boba is always the first to go. That figure is crazy hot. He would have been a no-brainer for carry-forward if I ran the company.

Heck I bought another one and I already had the SDCC exlusive. He's impossible to resist.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2013, 10:10 PM »
About Boba - I have the SDCC one opened.  Then I ordered Han and Greedo on HTS.  They sent me Boba and Greedo. And I'm just like, "fine."
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 2, 2013, 08:16 AM »
The Wave 1 that sits around here is R2-D2.  I agree that Boba should have been the obvious choice to carry forward.  Someone in Hasbro thinks that people only want heroes. 

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 3, 2013, 08:04 PM »
I'm probably picking up the Stormtrooper and maybe Bespin Luke.  Staying OT on these mostly, but might just go for ANH figures aside from Bounty Hunters.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2014, 02:50 PM »
Just got a notice from BBTS that this wave is now shipping, so should hopefully get here next week.  Hopefully hitting retail soon too.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2014, 04:12 PM »
As much as I thought Han being included again in wave 3 was a waste, I'm glad he's still shipping.  Fett's obviously been impossible to find at retail, but I still have yet to see a Han either.  I saw 5-6 Slave Leias at TRU last week, so clearly both Fett and Han are selling through.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2014, 06:32 PM »
Was wondering when these would hit retail...I can't wait to start hunting down the sure to be elusive storm trooper. Getting closer...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2014, 10:36 AM »
Han doesn't make a lot of sense. Boba, another trooper, Sandtrooper... but not Han. We'll see. Wave 1 is pegwarming here too.

Yeah. They should figure out that Boba would sell through nicely as a cary forward.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 6" Black Series - 2014 Wave 1
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2014, 03:14 PM »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender