Author Topic: Battle of Geonosis: Jedi Knights Battle Packs  (Read 30147 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Battle of Geonosis: Jedi Knights Battle Packs
« Reply #30 on: October 4, 2013, 01:51 PM »
Yeah, the debate was just to who...  Target's had all the Arena packs so far, but this had the TRU multi-pack build, and they apparently are the winners.  Looks good to me...  Like I said I'd take two more of them really.

I'd like to see Imperial and Rebel sets done at some point as well...  These army builder packs they've rolled out are outstanding IMO.  From the Pilots to Ewoks to these.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: October 4, 2013, 02:36 PM »
So, we're pretty sure from these pics that the clones are 03-50 sculpts (like the EE sets) and not the newer VC45 body, right?

That's the only bummer for me.  I like all the Jedi, but I would have preferred they use the VC45 sculpt so we'd have the Red and Yellow officers to go along with the TVC blue Lts and TBS olive green Sgts.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #32 on: October 4, 2013, 02:54 PM »
So, we're pretty sure from these pics that the clones are 03-50 sculpts (like the EE sets) and not the newer VC45 body, right?

Correct.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #33 on: October 4, 2013, 03:46 PM »
I'd like to see Imperial and Rebel sets done at some point as well...  These army builder packs they've rolled out are outstanding IMO.  From the Pilots to Ewoks to these.

Although really, really boring the Death Star Conference set from a few years ago was one of my favorites.  Why not another pack with:

Ozzel
Piett
Jerjerrod
Veers
Sheckil

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #34 on: October 4, 2013, 04:02 PM »
Found in AZ today.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 4, 2013, 06:44 PM »
The $34 reported was with 15% off. So these are $40 (?) normally. 
« Last Edit: October 4, 2013, 10:34 PM by Scockery »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 5, 2013, 12:47 AM »
I like to display one of every Jedi, so these sets are a must have for me.  Seeing them on sale, I couldn't resist, though they're not supposed to be available until Nov 1 up here in Canuckia.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: October 5, 2013, 03:07 PM »
40 is in quasi line with last rebel sets I think?  I forget but it's about right these days plus the inevitabal BOGO 50% off
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2013, 09:41 PM »
Found them today in my neck of the woods. Picked up two of each set so I could open one and keep the other MIB.

Great sets - will add nicely to my Geonosis Arena display. Didn't mind paying the $40 price tag, had $10 in Rewards R Us bucks so I applied that to the sets, so I basically got them for $37.50 + tax which isn't as good as getting the pilot and Ewok sets under the BOGO last year, but still okay considering that the Jedi are all Vintage/Black-Series quality figures.

What gets me is that this is clearly a collector-focused pack so why isn't it packaged as either a Vintage line item or a Black Series line item? Would have been kinda neat to get Black Series boxed sets.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2013, 10:50 PM »
Yak Face.com reported that the Weequay Jedi and the Jedi Woman (not Sarissa) have their left hands mixed up. I wonder if that is going to be case for the whole production run.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2013, 08:25 PM »
I saw both of these sets at TRU stores near me.  However, at both stores I visited they were priced at $45.99 each.  I passed at that price.  Especially since they're on TRU.com for $39.99 each.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2013, 08:51 PM »
Got a note from my buddy Jim that he got me the set with the Yellow commander.  He saved the receipt, so I'll take it in and get the price adjusted using my $5 off $25 coupon and I think I have a $3 coupon too...  So $8 off, hopefully.  I have another $5 off $25 for the next one too, soooooo I should get $13 off total from both sets.  Not bad.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2013, 08:43 PM »
I saw both of these sets at TRU stores near me.  However, at both stores I visited they were priced at $45.99 each.  I passed at that price.  Especially since they're on TRU.com for $39.99 each.

TRU will price match their own website

I got these about a week ago and I really like the sets.  Its a nice change of pace to get some background human jedi - plus they look really nice in hand imo

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2013, 08:58 PM »
I found a TRU $5 off $25 or more purchase birthday coupon left on a counter at the post office. I'm now a member of the Smith family. Heh-heh-heh...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2013, 10:07 PM »
Got a note from my buddy Jim that he got me the set with the Yellow commander.  He saved the receipt, so I'll take it in and get the price adjusted using my $5 off $25 coupon and I think I have a $3 coupon too...  So $8 off, hopefully.  I have another $5 off $25 for the next one too, soooooo I should get $13 off total from both sets.  Not bad.

Where does one procure such a coupon, other than the counter at the post office?