Author Topic: Toy Story  (Read 20772 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Toy Story
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2010, 10:28 AM »
See, I really like Ratatouille, I thought it was really well done and I watched it again last week and thought it the same thing. 

My least favorite for sure is Bug's Life.  It isn't even in the same league as the others.

Same here, I liked Ratatouille as well.  I've pretty much liked everything Pixar has done so far, but Bug's Life is probably my least favorite as well.  In fact, it is the only one we don't currently own I think.  Not that it is a bad movie, I guess I just never got too jazzed about it.  I actually haven't seen it in a long time now though, so I should probably give it another watch.  Although I like them all, I think my "top 5" of the Pixar movies would be the three Toy Story movies, as well as the Incredibles and Up.  Wall-E, Monsters Inc., and Finding Nemo all get a lot of play with the family as well though.  Cars isn't too bad either (with a 2nd on the way next year).

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2010, 07:44 PM »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2010, 05:08 PM »
Saw it today in the 2nd dimension.  Great flick and did tear up a tad towards the end - DAMN YOU PIXAR!!

The baby was disturbing though
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2010, 03:18 PM »
Caught it today with my kids.  GREAT finale to the series.  I'm really glad that they decided to make the third installment and end it on such a happy note.

PIXAR seems to outdo themselves with every movie they put out.  This puts a lot of pressure on Cars 2 IMO...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2010, 04:50 PM »
Watched it in 3D today.  Other than the increase in ticket prices, I'm not sure why they put these out in 3D.  I don't think it helped my enjoyment any more than a 2D verison would have and there aren't really any 3D gags that I remembered. However, the kids wanted to see the 3D version so we did.  Having said that, I absolutely loved the movie.  It was a great ending to the trilogy. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2010, 09:38 AM »
I'll admit, I cried.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2010, 10:17 AM »
I'll admit, I cried.

Let's just say, I'm happy I was wearing the 3D Glasses.  I may have "complained" that there weren't many 3D effects, but they did help me hide the tears.   ;)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 7, 2014, 08:08 AM »
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 7, 2014, 09:56 AM »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 7, 2014, 01:04 PM »
Saw that news last night, and needless to say our daughter was pretty psyched.  Although the "original" trilogy of Toy Story was pretty much perfect, I can't say I mind that they would make another.  As I saw someone else mention online, the first trilogy was for the "Andys" out there, who are now grown up, and it is perfectly find for there to be new Toy Story movies for the "Bonnies" too.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2014, 07:13 AM »
I thought the last one ended Toy Story perfectly.

That said, me, my wife, and our daughter are huge fans of the movies so we are looking forward to see what the next movie holds.  I can't see it being bad considering how great the first three were.  I never felt there was any real drop off in quality among them.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2019, 02:22 PM »
Anyone see Toy Story 4 yet? Caught a screening last night, and sad to say I wasn't really a fan. I appear to be in a small, small minority on this one too. Curious to hear what others thought.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2019, 11:35 PM »
We went on Sunday and I thought it was good.  Really tugs at the heartstrings though!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2019, 10:56 PM »
Anyone see Toy Story 4 yet? Caught a screening last night, and sad to say I wasn't really a fan. I appear to be in a small, small minority on this one too. Curious to hear what others thought.

I can certainly see why you were not a fan and don't begrudge you at all.

I went with my wife and daughter to see this today and I really enjoyed it.  The surprise, non-surprise at the end was a cool gut punch and it will be interesting if they decide to make a 5th installment.  Overall though, I thought it was a solid addition to the franchise.  To me, another well done Disney animated film.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.