Author Topic: X-Men/Wolverine Movies  (Read 85450 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: X-Men/Wolverine Movies
« Reply #180 on: May 21, 2013, 10:07 AM »
New trailer for the Wolverine is up today - glimpse of Silver Samurai:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=79978

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 21, 2013, 10:51 AM »
Looks good.  Can't be worse than the last film.  Blech.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 21, 2013, 12:02 PM »
Looks good enough for me. J
ackman was born to play wolverine
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 21, 2013, 12:38 PM »
It's hard to see Wolverine without Jackman. I also like the fact that Wolverine can sing.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 21, 2013, 12:54 PM »
Looks good enough for me. Jackman was born to play wolverine

+1
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 22, 2013, 09:53 AM »
LOL, I seem to recall there was a LOT of backlash against that casting when originally announced.

I really wanted to see Glenn Danzig get a shot too, but what are ya gonna do?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 22, 2013, 02:44 PM »
LOL, I seem to recall there was a LOT of backlash against that casting when originally announced.

Seriously?  I don't recall that at all.  He looks exactly what I would have expected Wolvie to look like.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 23, 2013, 12:16 AM »
IIRC everybody wanted a short, stacked guy with a bad attitude to play Wolverine and here comes Jackman, who wasn't exactly jacked up before the role, and he's like 6'2", and he was more famous for doing theater at the time.

He didn't really jump off the casting page as the type of guy you'd cast in that part.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 23, 2013, 05:55 AM »
Physically, Hugh Jackman didn't really match up with the image of Wolverine for the first X-Men.  In fact, he wasn't the first choice for the role.  That had actually been Dougray Scott.  But somewhere along the way the role of Wolverine got recast, and as a result Jackman has essentially been carrying the franchise.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 23, 2013, 08:22 AM »
They should've gotten Tom Cruise.  :D

Iceman: "You! You're dangerous...you can be my X-Man any time!"
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 09:39 AM by Scockery »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 23, 2013, 12:50 PM »
IIRC everybody wanted a short, stacked guy with a bad attitude to play Wolverine and here comes Jackman, who wasn't exactly jacked up before the role, and he's like 6'2", and he was more famous for doing theater at the time.

He didn't really jump off the casting page as the type of guy you'd cast in that part.

E...

Right, this was my recollection as well. Man, that was a LONG time ago...

I do recall a lot of people wanted Danzig, who would have been awesome but who knows whether the dude can act. Jackman was largely an unknown at that time I believe.

He's made the role his own though, hard to imagine anyone else doing it now. I give him props for a job well done.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 23, 2013, 04:07 PM »

E...

I'd argue that anybody basing casting judegements off of height in this day and age is a moron.  They easily make tall guys look short and a midget look like the tallest guy in the room.  I think Jackman's facial expressions and overall look made him a clear choice from the start, but maybe I was in the minority with that opinion. 

I definitely can't see anyone else playing that role as well now.  Just like Iron Man - I can't imagine anyone could outdo Downey's take on Stark, whereas the guys who've played Spiderman or Batman seem far more interchangeable.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 23, 2013, 05:01 PM »
So Bryan Singer tweeted that Quicksilver is going to be in the next X-Men movie. I know that this had come up earlier, but hadn't we also heard that Joss Whedon was going to be putting Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch in the next installment of Avengers?  WTF?!?!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 23, 2013, 08:53 PM »
From what I understand, Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch are under some sort of strange rights agreement where they can both use them in their respective movies.  However, Marvel can't currently mention anything about them being mutants, having Magneto for a father, etc.  It will be interesting to see if Whedon still uses them going forward, or how different they will be.  Fox does seem like the type to just include Quicksilver to be a pain in Disney/Marvel's rear though.  I know that they tried to work out a deal to have Wolverine/Hugh Jackman cameo in the Cap war sequences in Captain America, but Fox said no.

UPDATE: More on this...http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=80162
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 09:00 PM by Brian »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 24, 2013, 12:09 AM »
These are two seperate universes in my mind - I could care less.  Just like I don't care that Cap looks exactly like the Human Torch.  The only bummer here is the lost opportunity to bring the franchises together.  If they used the same actor somehow, that would have been a cool link for Marvel fans, but oh well.