Community > Watto's Junk Yard

X-Men/Wolverine Movies

<< < (49/64) > >>

BillCable:

--- Quote from: Nicklab on April 19, 2014, 07:30 PM ---But THIS STORY?  It's a whole new level of creepy.  And while I had begun to warm up to the idea of this new X-Men film, now I feel like doing that would just be wrong.
--- End quote ---

I keep coming back to one question:  If Jerry Sandusky directed a kick-ass X-Men movie, would I go to see it?  And it's really hard to answer yes.

Nicklab:
I already had some qualms about seeing this movie BEFORE this news came to light.  The story alone is one of the most legendary story arcs in the history of the X-Men comics.  Could a film ever do it justice?

And now?  I really feel that I cannot in good conscience go to see this movie.

efranks:
If it was just the director I would probably skip this film but I'm thinking about the half dozen or more actors and actresses that are in this that I like.  It's a story I want to see, written by a guy I trust with actors that I respect... So? IDK.  I'm probably still going to go see it.

E...

JediJman:
I don't in any way want to minimize the accusations here, but they are just accusations at this point, correct?  I have a hard time assuming guilt for someone that's not been proven guilty and just don't know enough about the case to lean one way or the other.  I'm also very aware that there are a ton of people who made and starred in this movie, so boycotting it because of one person ends up hurting a bunch of other people beyond  Singer.  I'm not sure if I'll race to see it in the theater, but I will eventually see it as it looks like a great story.

BillCable:
From what I've read - accusations from a victim who has already had a number of successful cases.  So it's an accuser with some credibility.

So you'd go to a movie directed by Jerry Sandusky (assuming a quality movie with actors you respect)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version