Author Topic: X-Men/Wolverine Movies  (Read 85422 times)

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Re: X-Men/Wolverine Movies
« Reply #75 on: May 4, 2009, 06:44 PM »
Loved X-Men and X-Men 2; hated X-Men 3.

Where does this one fall?

For me its X2, then X-men, X3, and finally wolervine

X-2, Wolverine, X-Men, & X3 for me.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 4, 2009, 07:08 PM »
I initially liked X3 a lot but it hasn't really held up for me.  My ranking of the 4 X-Men based films would be: X2, X-Men, and Wolverine/X3 pretty much equal.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 4, 2009, 07:34 PM »
Lemme know when I can comment about what I didn't like about Deadpool and why I hate Hollywood ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 4, 2009, 10:00 PM »
Lemme know when I can comment about what I didn't like about Deadpool and why I hate Hollywood ;)

Let it flow Brent....please.  Deadpool/Maul was cool to me, but apparently I'm the only one who feels this way even though I have no idea who he is/was.  This was by no means a fantastic movie, but it's a nice start to the summer flick season.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 5, 2009, 09:40 AM »

Let it flow Brent....please.  Deadpool/Maul was cool to me, but apparently I'm the only one who feels this way even though I have no idea who he is/was.  This was by no means a fantastic movie, but it's a nice start to the summer flick season.

I'm going to check it out on Wednesday.  I think the character sounds cool, but Deadpool is a huge fan favorite from the comics, so radically altering who he is and his story doesn't sit well with his existing fan base.  I'm hoping to see the alt ending with DP - from what I've piece together so far that seems like it does the best job of redeeming the character and setting him up for his own movie more closely tied to the character from the comics.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #80 on: May 5, 2009, 09:51 AM »
Weren't there two different and opposing Deadpool endings?  What I read was:

• Version 1:  Ryan Reynolds walks up and pulls the head of Weapon XI out of the rubble (XI was a clone)
  • Version 2:  Weapon XI's body breaks out of the rubble and recovers his head

I don't know that both of those are confirmed, though.  If the first was real then a spin-off would be easy.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 5, 2009, 10:32 AM »

• Version 1:  Ryan Reynolds walks up and pulls the head of Weapon XI out of the rubble (XI was a clone)

I don't know that both of those are confirmed, though.  If the first was real then a spin-off would be easy.

I don't know about version 1, but the movie I saw had version 2 in it. Version 1 would have been better!
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #82 on: May 5, 2009, 10:35 AM »
Wolverine 2 will be the samurai storyline
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 5, 2009, 10:36 AM »

This is the Deadpool ending that sounds like the version 2 you posted:

The Deadpool ending is after credits, the camera pans around the rubble on three mile island. The camera closes up on Deadpool’s hand, his blade retracts and his hand starts moving around the rubble, you see Deadpool’s decapitated head and his hand grabbing at it, suddenly you see his eyes open and whisper “shhh”.

Hmmm, I have reading about the other version "1" but nothing confirmed or video posted.

These are the 2 that have been showing at the end of the credits, spoiler linky.  :P

Before You See Wolverine's Secret Origins, Watch His Secret Endings

As for Jackman, yeah sounds like a sequel coming in time.

Actor to star in 'Wolverine' sequel

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 5, 2009, 11:05 AM »
Well, I saw version 2 and it irritated the hell out of me.  Version 1 would have been tolerable. 

For what it's worth, this is kinda spoilerish, so.

What really bothered me was the ending of the movie where Deadpool does indeed grab his head in the rubble and goes 'shhhhhh'.  All through the movie we're lead to believe that pretty much the only way to kill Logan/Jimmy and his brother is by decapitating them.  Fine, I'm good with that.  So then Weapon XI ends up decapitated by Logan and so he can suddenly grab his head at the end of the movie?  Gimme a ******* break.  Yeah, I get the lame contention that "some other mutant power" allowed him to survive, but that's horse**** no matter what.  The healing regeneration schtick is the power from Logan or his brother and that's that.  I really didn't like the BS about Weapon X having all those powers anyway because why in the hell would something that is apparently controlled bother pissing around with swords and other **** when he could just use the Cyclops blasts in the first place?  Oh sure it makes for a longer, more interesting fight, but it's stupid. 

That's probably my greatest pet peeve with Hollywood is when something/someone that should be dead by all rules of logic isn't dead.  Guys in Die Hard being shot with a hundred rounds of machine gun fire suddenly wake up and yell and need to be shot again ::)  Something decapitated manages to live and grab its head.  Gimme a ******' break.  Yeah, it's only a movie but it's stupid. 

The Deadpool thing didn't really bother me all that much other than sort of straying from the comic books by a lot.  I can understand it a fair bit given they were essentially redoing the origin and I haven't read the comic books for a very long time.  But when it went from what I considered to be Deadpool into being Weapon XI it just became pretty stupid overall.  I dunno, probably just too long for me out of the comic world.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #85 on: May 5, 2009, 11:31 AM »
Was Sabertooth ever Wolverine's brother in the comics?  I didn't think that was ever the case.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 5, 2009, 11:45 AM »

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #87 on: May 5, 2009, 12:06 PM »
Reading the Origins link, it sounds like he might be his half-brother.  I didn't pick up on the whole "groundskeeper was Wolverine's real father" vibe when I read the comics initially.  Apparently neither the groundskeeper nor the plantation owner had Wolverine's healing ability... thought I thought they hinted the plantation owner had claws.  It was a long time ago that I read it, but I thought he said something about revealing a family secret to Wolverine, but he died before he had the chance.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 5, 2009, 12:27 PM »
I don't remember them ever being related but I stopped reading comics a very long time ago, so they could well have said something in the intervening 15 or so years.  Clearly in the movie there was no healing power involved with respect to Jimmy/Logan's real father.  But I assume they had different mothers based on what is alluded to in the movie, so yeah, half brothers makes sense