Author Topic: X-Men/Wolverine Movies  (Read 85441 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Re: X-Men/Wolverine Movies
« Reply #91 on: May 6, 2009, 11:04 AM »
EXCLUSIVE: ‘Deadpool’ Solo Movie Confirmed, Ryan Reynolds Attached To ‘Wolverine’ Spin-Off

'Deadpool' spinoff in works at Fox

My hope is that they say that Weapon XI is a clone in the movie. I really liked Deadpool that Reynold's did. I look forward to this movie as long as they don't **** it up too bad like they did Spider-Man 4.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #92 on: May 6, 2009, 11:09 AM »
EXCLUSIVE: ‘Deadpool’ Solo Movie Confirmed, Ryan Reynolds Attached To ‘Wolverine’ Spin-Off

My hope is that they say that Weapon XI is a clone in the movie. I really liked Deadpool that Reynold's did.

I'm sure that's how they'll explain it considering the rows of clone bodies we saw in Wolverine.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 6, 2009, 01:02 PM »

My hope is that they say that Weapon XI is a clone in the movie. I really liked Deadpool that Reynold's did. I look forward to this movie as long as they don't **** it up too bad like they did Spider-Man 4.

Spider-Man 4 is already ****** up?  What?
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 6, 2009, 06:16 PM »

Spider-Man 4 is already ****** up?  What?

Sorry - I ment SP3
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 6, 2009, 06:26 PM »
Whew.  I have high hopes for SM4 ('cause yeah, SM3 sucked)
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 6, 2009, 11:09 PM »
Was Sabertooth ever Wolverine's brother in the comics?  I didn't think that was ever the case.

The Wolverine Origins story is pretty similar to the start of the movie.  I haven't read this in a while, but I think it also hinted that they had the same father, different mom. 

The recent Wolverine comics also suggest that Wolvie, Sabertooth, and other feral marvel heroes are all somehow related to each other through someone called Romulus, but they haven't revealed who this is or what the connection is yet.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2009, 11:09 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 6, 2009, 11:12 PM »

YES!  I thought the early Deadpool scenes with Reynolds were awesome - hopefully they'll make this a closer tie to the comics.  Either explain Weapon XI as a clone of him or maybe make this new Deadpool a clone of the original Wade? 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 10, 2009, 05:46 AM »
I saw Wolverine, and thanks largely to expectations lowered by you guys, didn't mind it that bad.  It was better than X3.  I want to see more Ryan Reynolds as Wade.  He was woefully under used.

Taylor Kitsch sucked as Gambit.  The CGI claws when Logan was in the bathroom were terrible.

I have one spoilerish question, though...why couldn't Victor have tolerated the adamantium fusion?
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2009, 09:43 AM »
I got a chance to get out and see Wolverine this weekend, and I have to say that I enjoyed it for the most part.  Obviously, my biggest complaint was probably the treatment of Deadpool as well.  I would have rather that just been a clone or some other completely new mutant if that was the route they had to take (having the "ultimate" mutant for the final battle).  That said though, I went to the movie with my best friend, who hasn't ever read a comic in his life, and he didn't seem to have a problem with it at all.  His only knowledge of the X-Men comes from the 90s cartoon and the previous movies, and he wouldn't have known the difference with Deadpool if I hadn't explained it to him afterwards.  From that "general public" point of view, I don't know if it will matter to movie goers.

Overall though, it was a fun summer popcorn movie, and I think I liked it better than "The Last Stand" as far as the X-movies go.  Jackman of course continued to be great as Wolvie, and I thought Ryan Reynolds was perfect as Deadpool/Wade Wilson - particularly in the early part of the movie before all the Weapon XI nonsense.  I'm happy to hear that he's likely getting his own movie, that could be really good.  I actually thought Taylor Kitsch was pretty good as Gambit, and it was cool to see him included in the flick.  Although there were a crazy amount of cameos, I can't say it wasn't cool to see some of them included.  Overall, a pretty good movie, I'll definitely be grabbing the DVD (or blu ray if we have it by then).

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2009, 01:24 PM »
I saw Wolverine, and thanks largely to expectations lowered by you guys, didn't mind it that bad.  It was better than X3.  I want to see more Ryan Reynolds as Wade.  He was woefully under used.

Taylor Kitsch sucked as Gambit.  The CGI claws when Logan was in the bathroom were terrible.

I have one spoilerish question, though...why couldn't Victor have tolerated the adamantium fusion?

Definitely wanted to see more of Ryan’s Deadpool.  They could explain away the Weapon XI thing any number of ways, so I hope they figure out a storyline gets us a full movie based on the earlier representation of Deadpool. 

Can’t believe you didn’t like the Gambit performance.  I thought he was pretty spot on.  I didn’t really get some of his motivation (Why did he attack Wolverine when Wolvie was beating up Sabertooth?  Why didn’t he get on the chopper at the end?  Why wasn’t he asked to join the X-babies?), but I thought it was a good representation of what I remember from the comics.

My take on the Sabertooth/Stryker conversation about Sabertooth not being able to take the admantium treatment was that Stryker was lying.  The process makes the subject nearly invincible – not a good idea given Sabertooth’s morals.  Wolverine was meant to be a test and Weapon XI should have been 100% under control.  If Stryker gave it to Sabertooth, Sabertooth no longer needs him so worst case Stryker gets killed and best case he has an ever stronger, harder-to-kill maniac on his hands.  On the flip side, if he strings Sabertooth along with promises that it will work, Sabertooth does all of his dirty work and stays in check.  He only told Sabertooth he couldn’t do it at the end because Weapon XI was about ready, so Stryker wouldn’t need Sabertooth anymore.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2009, 02:40 PM »
My take on the Sabertooth/Stryker conversation about Sabertooth not being able to take the admantium treatment was that Stryker was lying.  The process makes the subject nearly invincible – not a good idea given Sabertooth’s morals.  Wolverine was meant to be a test and Weapon XI should have been 100% under control.  If Stryker gave it to Sabertooth, Sabertooth no longer needs him so worst case Stryker gets killed and best case he has an ever stronger, harder-to-kill maniac on his hands.  On the flip side, if he strings Sabertooth along with promises that it will work, Sabertooth does all of his dirty work and stays in check.  He only told Sabertooth he couldn’t do it at the end because Weapon XI was about ready, so Stryker wouldn’t need Sabertooth anymore.

Interesting.  I also watched X2 again last night, and in it Stryker said something that kind of speaks to the issue.  When he's about to unleash Deathstryke on Wolverine, he says something like "I always thought you were one of a kind...but I was wrong;" and then Deathstryke shoots out her claws.  By then, though, Stryker's got the Jason serum that's giving him more control.  Perhaps he would have used Sabretooth the same way, if he'd had the serum...

Huh.

I guess I just didn't buy Kitsch as Gambit because all I saw was Tim Riggins from Friday Night Lights.  He kept losing the Nawlins accent and going back to Texan.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2009, 10:22 PM »
I guess I just didn't buy Kitsch as Gambit because all I saw was Tim Riggins from Friday Night Lights.  He kept losing the Nawlins accent and going back to Texan.

Ah, that makes sense.   I've never seen the show, so he's new to me, but I know what you mean about seeing an actor as a previous character.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 18, 2009, 10:53 AM »
Sounds like the actor who played Cyclops in X-Men Origins: Wolverine has spilled via his Twitter account that X-Men: First Class will start filming in 2010 (he will be reprising his role).  Although it won't necessarily be the same, I am glad they are getting a new X-Men team movie off the ground.  I really enjoyed X-Men and X2, it is too bad Singer left prior to X-Men 3.

Offline Sugart

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 18, 2009, 04:02 PM »
As long as FOX has the rights, it will suck like the last 2 films( X3 and Wolverine). It really can only be Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast and Storm.