Author Topic: X-Men/Wolverine Movies  (Read 85423 times)

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: X-Men/Wolverine Movies
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2008, 06:14 PM »
I just shat bricks watching that trailer :o GAMBIT!!!!!!!!!!! ;D...though actor doesnt really look much like him
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2008, 06:48 PM »
I'm ******' psyched by that trailer!  Gambit is one of my favorite X-Men and to finally see him in a film is awesome.  The kid playing him, Tyler Kitsch, is pretty good, too.  Plays that brooding type very well.

And is anyone else looking forward to seeing what Liev Schreiber can do with Sabretooth? 

On paper the cast looks awesome, the visuals shown look incredible and the list of mutants is top notch.  I'm really looking forward to this film.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2008, 07:12 PM »
Liev Schreiber should be worlds better at the Sabretooth character than Tyler Mane.  At the very least he could act circles around Mane.  And while Sabretooth had always been a physically imposing adversary for Wolverine in the comics, there was always a lot more going on in their conflict.  It was personal.  Sabretooth knew how to get under Wolverine's skin.  And that's much more interesting to me than just seeing Wolverine fight Sabretooth.  It's the personal conflict that makes the fight that much more compelling.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2009, 08:56 AM »
3 TV spots for X-Men Origins: Wolverine are up.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 5, 2009, 08:54 AM »
The final Wolverine trailer was supposed to go up at noon EST today, but apparently USA Today posted it early.  I'm looking forward to seeing this movie, but - if one particular character is who many think it is - they are taking some...um...liberties with Deadpool in this movie.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #20 on: March 5, 2009, 12:19 PM »
Ryan Reynolds is Deadpool.  I don't know that he ever wears a mask.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 5, 2009, 06:15 PM »
That movie looks much better than I thought it was going to.  I love the idea of Reynolds as Deadpool - his character from Blade III seems like a pretty good match for merc with a mouth.  Depending on how it plays out, this could be a springboard for his own flick.  I thought I recalled reading that he was just a regular guy with a healing factor similar to Wolvie.  He was burned and left for dead, but survived thanks to his healing ability, so it would make sense that he doesn't wear a mask until after that. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 6, 2009, 09:02 AM »
Yeah, it doesn't look as if he wears the mask in this flick (or maybe at the very end), but he seems to have some funky things going on with his powers (having Wolverine/Cyclops-ish powers).  I've read some spoilers that would maybe explain it somewhat, and I'm not usually one to complain too much when they make some changes to adapt it to the big screen, so I'll wait and see.  Still excited to see this flick.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #23 on: March 6, 2009, 09:38 AM »
I thought it was another kid (young Cyclops, perhaps) that has Cyclops' powers.  They look a lot a like.  I need to look at the trailer again.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 6, 2009, 09:44 AM »
Yeah, it looks like young Cyclops is in the movie as well - but I was talking about this shot posted on the SHH forums, which appears to have both "claws" and laser vision:

Again, I'm not positive this is Deadpool - I'm just going by internet forum posters and the recent toy release which apparently looks similar to this (shirtless/tattoos/etc.).  I'm definitely not the most knowledgeable about this movie (or even Deadpool as a character).

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #25 on: March 6, 2009, 09:46 AM »
Yep... that's Cyclops, not Deadpool.  Deadpool is later in the trailer with his swords.

Anybody have any idea who the black guy is?  Only one I know from the comics is Bishop.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #26 on: March 6, 2009, 09:48 AM »
I don't have any idea who that is.  He was in one of the teaser trailers as well.  But it's not Deadpool.  Ryan Reynolds is a lot leaner.

Looks like one of the baddies from Mortal Kombat.   ;D

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 6, 2009, 09:51 AM »
Yeah, I didn't think it looked like Ryan Reynolds either - but the Hasbro toy does say that character is Deadpool.  Unless they have an entirely different guy playing him (stunt man?), it looks like a different actor to me as well.  I've read some things saying that this is "post scarred" version of Deadpool (since you see Reynolds in the trailers as well), and then there are some rumors/theories as to why he has these other powers as well.  By the way - I agree - Reynolds should be a great choice for DP - looking forward to seeing that.  Its actually nice to see Cyclops included - the recent trailer pretty much shows him getting more action sequences than the X-Men movies.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2009, 09:52 AM by Brian »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: March 6, 2009, 09:53 AM »

I'm with you Brian, it looks like the same guy to me...  same color pants, same claws, same tattoo/markings.  Maybe not the "classic" Deadpool, but it's definitely who Hasbro thinks is Deadpool in the movie.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile