Author Topic: X-Men/Wolverine Movies  (Read 1356 times)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: X-Men/Wolverine Movies
« Reply #105 on: September 18, 2009, 04:04 PM »
Wonder if Kelsey Grammer will play a non-furry Beast...
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2009, 04:12 PM »
I'd be surprised.  I think they'll probably go with an all-younger cast, a la using Cyclops from X-Men Origins: Wolverine.  They haven't said who is included character-wise otherwise, but I'm wondering if we'll see the lineup of Cyclops/Jean Grey/Iceman/Angel/Beast or not.  I guess it could be a "re-start" of sorts for the X-Men franchise as well, as they could keep going with this younger cast and add in characters as they go (similar to the comics).

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 18, 2009, 04:58 PM »
But if FOX is doing this film, how many Marvel characters would they actually have access to?  Only those shown in the first three films?  Fewer?  I don't think Marvel and Disney are going to let FOX dip any further into the pool of characters, especially if they think they'll ever use any of them in a future project.

I would think Cyclops/Jean Grey/Beast/Iceman would be available to them, but would they go with Storm?  I would like to see them use Angel instead, even though he wasn't introduced until the 3rd X-Men film.  A film with the original five would be cool.

E...
"Microsoft and Sony are acting like divorced parents fighting over kids.  MS tries to lay down the law, Sony buys them beer and pot." - @DanStapleton

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 18, 2009, 10:05 PM »
This new X-Men flick has crapfest written all over it IMO.  The X-Men Universe has been so badly botched with most characters appearing in their wrong respected timelines.  These non continuity films are made more for the casual non comic reader IMO.

I just hope they can do some justice with the Wolverin/Japan storyline.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi General
  • Deceived? WHAT?!?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2009, 01:25 AM »
Wonder if Kelsey Grammer will play a non-furry Beast...

I think they would have to totally recast the role of Beast.  And I'd definitely like to see him in his pre-fur days.
"You were entrusted to lead the Republic." - Vote for Ven Zallow from THE OLD REPUBLIC in figure polls!

Feedback

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 17, 2009, 03:15 AM »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 17, 2009, 10:46 AM »
Bryan Singer Will Direct X-Men: First Class!

I just read that this morning as well.  Great news, I think.  I know opinions sort of vary on Singer's work (Superman Returns wasn't too great for many), but I thought the first two X-Men movies were very well done and I look forward to seeing him return to that universe.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 21, 2010, 05:21 AM »
You know what, **** Bryan Singer.  He did a great job IMO on X-Men and X2 but when he bailed on X3, which sucked, to do Superman (which also sucked) I lost all interest in seeing him attached to another X project.

And to also know that he's attached to this "reimagining" of Battlestar Galactica, after we spent 5 seasons with an absolutely incredible television series?  ****'im.

E...
"Microsoft and Sony are acting like divorced parents fighting over kids.  MS tries to lay down the law, Sony buys them beer and pot." - @DanStapleton

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #114 on: May 5, 2010, 10:34 AM »
So is First Class going to be a lower-budget deal?  2011 seems pretty soon given they haven't done any pre-production work or casting.  I can't imagine a ton of effects work getting done in that timespan.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 28, 2010, 10:14 AM »
The first casting news for X-Men: First Class, with James McEvoy (Wanted/Mr. Tumnus in Chronicles of Narnia) apparently playing Professor X.  They must be going quite a bit younger with this prequel.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 28, 2010, 10:45 AM »
The first casting news for X-Men: First Class, with James McEvoy (Wanted/Mr. Tumnus in Chronicles of Narnia) apparently playing Professor X.  They must be going quite a bit younger with this prequel.

If I remember correctly, at the end of Wolverine Origins, Xavier showed up to talk to Scott, and Xavier was already looking a little older.  Actually, wasn't it Patrick Stewart from the first 3 movies?  I could be wrong.

And I think 1st Class is supposed to pickup where Origins left off.  So I don't know why they wouldn't just use Stewart again.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 10:48 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 30, 2010, 10:08 AM »
The first casting news for X-Men: First Class, with James McEvoy (Wanted/Mr. Tumnus in Chronicles of Narnia) apparently playing Professor X.  They must be going quite a bit younger with this prequel.

If I remember correctly, at the end of Wolverine Origins, Xavier showed up to talk to Scott, and Xavier was already looking a little older.  Actually, wasn't it Patrick Stewart from the first 3 movies?  I could be wrong.

And I think 1st Class is supposed to pickup where Origins left off.  So I don't know why they wouldn't just use Stewart again.

I thought the make-up/CG whatever on Stewart was okay for the Wolverine movie, but I can see how that might not carry for an entire feature.  But if they're going to recast, why not get somebody  a little older?  McAvoy is 31 years old...are we going to see a nine year old Cyclops?  WTF?
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2010, 12:00 PM »
Reportedly, Michael Fassbender (Inglorious Basterds) has two offers to choose from - Magneto in X-Men: First Class, or the villain in the new Spider-Man (possibly the Lizard.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 21, 2010, 10:59 AM »
So, lots of details revealed on next year's X-Men: First Class, straight from Bryan Singer himself.  Not sure about this one, definitely different than what we've seen before.  I won't post it here, depending on how spoiler sensitive people are....but there are differences with the cast, timeline, uniforms, team members, and more.