Author Topic: X-Men/Wolverine Movies  (Read 85650 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: X-Men/Wolverine Movies
« Reply #255 on: May 30, 2014, 04:23 AM »
Finally caught DOFP yesterday. Not as good as Captain America: Winter Soldier, but much, much better than Amazing Spidey 2. Maybe a peg below First Class too, but there wasn't much that I disliked about it.

I guess the one question I have is where do they go from here? I know Apocalypse is coming next but is that going to use the First Class cast or the old cast? Because honestly I have no desire to see another movie with the original trilogy cast.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 30, 2014, 06:22 AM »
Apocalypse will be the new cast and set in the 80's.  I'm not sure where they will go after that.  I believe Jackman is planning one last Woverine movie.  Jennifer Lawrence is only signed on for one more movie and said she wouldn't have done this one if she didn't sign for three movies.  There are rumors of Gambit and Deadpool movies.  I think we will see a reboot in the next five years or so, much like we saw with Spiderman.  Fox and Sony will keep rebooting franchises to retain the rights to the characters.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 30, 2014, 07:33 PM »
I saw X-Men:Days of Future Past last weekend and I thought it was really well done. As far as how I would rank it among the other X-Men franchise movies - I would definitely put it near the top and the fact that it did it's best to right the X-Men Movie Franchise "ship" earns it a lot of kudos in my book.

It was great seeing Fassbender as Magneto again - he was the best part of X-Men: First Class and continued to shine here. It was also nice to see Patrick Stewart back as Professor X, doing more than just a post-credits scene or a bad CGI cameo (I'm still not convinced he even showed up to shoot that scene - I think they simply used what they had on hand from the young Jean Gray scene in X-Men: The Last Stand - the quality of that scene in X-Men Origins: Wolverine was so bad, I think anything is possible really)

Quicksilver was well done and a great way to have a sequence where mutant powers can be showcased to provide levity and comic relief in a story that was at points very grim and macabre. I would have never thought we'd see Sentinels rip Colossus in half, decapitate Iceman or impale Storm - but we did.

I'm looking forward to X-Men: Apocalypse in 2016, I hope they can keep the momentum going and keep getting better.

Do I wish the rights were with Disney so X-Men could cross pollinate with Avengers? Of course. Same thing goes with Spider-man - but those studios seem to have no intention in letting go of their franchises anytime soon.

Are there still glaring discrepancies across the movies in the franchise? Sure the universe seems to have two Emma Frosts, Havok is 30+ years older than Cyclops, there are two very different Trasks, multiple variations of Stryker, etc...

But if they are finally recognizing that having these discrepancies was really hurting their ability to tell coherent stories, then I'm glad they seem to finally be interested in building a more coherent set of connected movies.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 1, 2014, 09:16 PM »
Someone on Reddit attempted to tie all of the X-Men movies together (spoiler alert). Some goofy stuff in there and a lor of flaws are exposed, but still an interesting read.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #259 on: March 26, 2015, 07:33 AM »
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #260 on: April 14, 2015, 12:24 PM »
Olivia Munn = Psylocke for Apocalypse.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #261 on: November 11, 2015, 11:46 AM »
Sounds like the first X-Men: Apocalypse trailer will be shown before The Force Awakens...  along with 50 billion other previews, I'm sure.  :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 11, 2015, 11:57 AM »
Olivia Munn = Psylocke for Apocalypse.

Olivia Munn posted a pretty awesome video of her sword skills on Instagram:

https://instagram.com/p/7iTcNksmcf/
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #263 on: November 13, 2015, 06:20 PM »
Sounds like the first X-Men: Apocalypse trailer will be shown before The Force Awakens...  along with 50 billion other previews, I'm sure.  :P

I'm still hoping for a Rogue One teaser!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 23, 2016, 10:35 PM »
I think thus far, Days of Future Past is the best one yet.  Mainly due to Bryan Singer's involvement:

1.  It was great he only returned to direct an X-Men movie.
2.  When Bryan Singer wanted to fix what he didn't like in the X-Men franchise (mainly with what happened in X-Men The Last Stand), he wasn't kidding.  The ending scene was totally worth it.
3.  I think Bryan Singer actually did a big favor for many X-Men fans:  I think since the very first X-Men movie, X-Men fans everywhere have wanted to see Sentinels in an X-Men movie.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #265 on: February 13, 2016, 03:21 AM »
I just would like to take a moment to say, if you haven't seen Deadpool...you need to rethink your life choices!   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #266 on: February 16, 2016, 01:11 PM »
Dead pool was fun. Not sure if the sequel will capture that but still looking forward to it.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 16, 2016, 04:22 PM »
Matt you are absolutely right.

favorite deadpool scene?

i think mine was the baby hand
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 16, 2016, 10:36 PM »
Matt you are absolutely right.

favorite deadpool scene?

i think mine was the baby hand
Time to make the chimi-*******-changas!!!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 17, 2016, 09:40 AM »
Yeah Deadpool was awesome... favorite part was probably the Hugh Jackman mask

It spawned an awesome rant too by the director of Guardians of the Galaxy, where he basically said Hollywood will see an R rated movie making so much money and make a gazillion clones over the next few years that will all fail since Hollywood won't get what makes Deadpool unique in the first place.