Author Topic: Anyone Want a Republic Fighter?  (Read 2766 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Anyone Want a Republic Fighter?
« on: August 12, 2003, 07:27 PM »
Not that I expect it to EVER happen, but I got to thinking after Matt sent me the Comic-Con Clone Wars sketch booklet...

There's a GREAT photo of the Republic Starfighter which is a hybrid design that has the nacels of a Y-Wing built into a condensed Y-Wing fuselage.  For its size/shape, I'm guessing it to be some kind of Interceptor, and maybe even an interceptor in the Koensayr line of fighters (WHo make the Y-Wing Fighter/Bomber).

It's a great design, and would be very neat to see it come to a reality in a to-scale 3.75" version.  

Has anyone else seen this and thought it was one of the more unique items in the booklet?  Anyone else think it would be cool to see one made, and if so who pilots it?

Are there clone fighter pilots, or would they have Republic troops fly them (Like Anthony Daniels' character at the Outlander Club perhaps?) instead of the Clones.  Seems to me there's SOME military presence other than clones for the Republic...  There was in Episode One anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Want a Republic Fighter?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2003, 07:29 PM »
Anthony himself should fly.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2003, 08:47 PM »
I'd love to see anything made from those sketches that hasn't already been done.  But that concept Y-Wing fighter is sweet!
dustrho

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2003, 12:07 AM »
I'd really like to see a pic of it so I know what it looks like, then I'll let Hasbro know whether or not they should make it. ;)

Anyone able to post a pic of it?

:P