Author Topic: Batman v Superman / Justice League / DC Movies  (Read 86923 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Batman v Superman / Justice League / DC Movies
« Reply #181 on: December 3, 2015, 11:14 AM »
LOTR Cave Troll appears!  :o

Some trailers revealing too much because there's so much money invested they have to show the goods.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #182 on: December 3, 2015, 01:33 PM »
So what are people's reactions?  I've seen mostly negative responses from friends on Facebook.  One called it "Aggressively Terrible."  I thought it was pretty -meh- but not embarrassingly bad.  Except for Eisenberg - that's perhaps the worst villain casting since Mr. Freeze.

But then I had low expectations after MoS, and this trailer fits squarely with those expectations.  Maybe I'm mostly reading reactions from people who thought it would be good.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #183 on: December 3, 2015, 01:54 PM »
I thought it was pretty -meh- but not embarrassingly bad.

I thought it was kinda boring.  Not sure if I've just seen too much from this movie or if it' just not interesting anymore after so many other Bat-movies.

And yeah, Alex Luthor there is pretty bad - my wife asked if he was supposed to be the Joker when we watched the trailer last night...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 3, 2015, 05:14 PM »
Haven't watched it yet, but I'm seeing online that the plot/third act is pretty much spoiled from the trailer.  ::)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 3, 2015, 05:56 PM »
I had read rumors about Lex taking the corpse of Zod and turning him into Doomsday and I had genuinely hoped that was not what they were going to end up doing. Well, turns out that IS what they are doing. Turns out that when Michael Shannon slipped about being in the movie and then they had to back-peddle, it was really the truth - the "flippers" he said he had for hands were probably appendages they put on his arms for the motion capture process, to track more accurately where the longer arms of Doomsday would/should be... *sigh*

The trailer did nothing to change my opinion that this movie will be a whole lotta "meh".

In stark contrast when I saw the Captain America: Civil War trailer, I was blown away - that moment near the end when Steve says "I'm sorry Tony, but he's my friend" and then Tony says "But so was I..." and then the two-on-one fight with Steve, Bucky and Iron Man summed up everything we needed to know about the movie and conveyed the dramatic weight of the conflict between Cap and Iron Man perfectly.

When it comes to Batman v. Superman, I still just think to myself "who cares?" - we have never seen these two guys work together so why couldn't they start off hating each other initially. There was the brief Iron Man/Cap/Thor fight in the first Avengers movie but emphasis on BRIEF. So if the "versus" part of Batman v. Superman is really only a small part near the beginning with the majority of the film centered around the heroes having to put their differences aside, team up with Wonder Woman and fight Doomsday, I think a lot of people are going to feel mislead considering the name of the movie implies it would be about Batman versus Superman.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 3, 2015, 10:43 PM »
What was the Watto's flying in the desert?

Parademons?

Just HOW much stuff are they setting up for future films?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #187 on: December 4, 2015, 12:49 AM »
DC should just give up on a cinematic universe now while we're just underwhelmed by their upcoming movie.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 5, 2015, 12:22 AM »
I don't think I need to see the movie after watching that last trailer.  Batman is older and cranky, Superman is loved by some and hated by others.  They meet and don't get along.  Lex further pits them against each other while turning Zod into Doomsday, Batman and Supes fight, then have to team up to fight the bad guy, and Wonder Woman jumps into the mix as eye candy.  I assume they all survive for upcoming movies, so just saved myself $10.   ::)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #189 on: December 5, 2015, 01:03 AM »
You forgot to shoehorn Aquaman and Lois Lane in there, but otherwise I think you've got it.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #190 on: December 5, 2015, 06:20 PM »
I thought the trailer was pretty terrible. I wasn't excited to begin with but even less so now. Lex just seems terrible, Doomsday looks like Abomination, and they revealed too much.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 7, 2015, 12:53 PM »
I thought the trailer was pretty terrible. I wasn't excited to begin with but even less so now. Lex just seems terrible, Doomsday looks like Abomination, and they revealed too much.

Well, if Wonder Woman ends up revealing too much I'm back on board...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #192 on: December 7, 2015, 10:13 PM »

Well, if Wonder Woman ends up revealing too much I'm back on board...

Ok, you sold me. I am back on too!
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #193 on: December 14, 2015, 07:26 AM »
Cryptic, SPOILERy plot synopsis of BvS re: Doomsday from the production designer...

"Doomsday isn't just the final act... We are able to tell a story in a fresh way. Doomsday is an evolution essentially. Fans may be aware of 'The Death of Superman' story, but this is handled in such a new way.

When the film is called Batman v or versus Superman, it really has a lot of levels to the meaning. Superman isn't just killed off at the end of something. We see how he evolves as part of Lex's plan to protect the world.

Seeing the Superman we know, be gone, and then replaced with this reproduction is really going to make fans think of how we look at these super beings. It was especially interesting to figure out, how would you create Superman from Zod... then how would that evolve into Doomsday."

I don't even know how to respond to that...
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #194 on: December 14, 2015, 09:33 AM »
Don't they realize that when you tell people the plot ahead of time, it makes less people want to spend money to see your movie?

Why don't they take a lesson from JJ Abrams and Disney in their approach to TFA...not knowing the plot, but teasing just enough in the trailers has led to huge interest in this movie!
This is the way.

I have spoken.