Author Topic: Batman v Superman / Justice League / DC Movies  (Read 86447 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Batman v Superman / Justice League / DC Movies
« Reply #195 on: December 14, 2015, 09:48 AM »
Cryptic, SPOILERy plot synopsis of BvS re: Doomsday from the production designer...

"Doomsday isn't just the final act... We are able to tell a story in a fresh way. Doomsday is an evolution essentially. Fans may be aware of 'The Death of Superman' story, but this is handled in such a new way.

When the film is called Batman v or versus Superman, it really has a lot of levels to the meaning. Superman isn't just killed off at the end of something. We see how he evolves as part of Lex's plan to protect the world.

Seeing the Superman we know, be gone, and then replaced with this reproduction is really going to make fans think of how we look at these super beings. It was especially interesting to figure out, how would you create Superman from Zod... then how would that evolve into Doomsday."

I don't even know how to respond to that...

Not sure if this was part of an interview or not, but if it was, and I was the interviewer, I would have stopped him mid-statement and just said "please stop, don't you want at least SOMEONE to see this movie?"
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #196 on: December 14, 2015, 10:58 AM »
Why don't they take a lesson from JJ Abrams and Disney in their approach to TFA...not knowing the plot, but teasing just enough in the trailers has led to huge interest in this movie!

That's why Disney is Disney, and WB is WB.  I mean, even comparing it to Civil War - the Civil War trailer has a lot of plot points packed into it.  You get a very good idea what the movie will entail.  But it still hyped me the hell up.  So being entirely cloak-and-dagger isn't necessarily the magic formula.

I wonder if the BvS folks have just sat on their completed product for so long that they can't help but dribble out info at every opportunity.

But just taking this production designer's statements at face value - the mind boggles.  Is he saying Supes is killed-off mid-movie?  Or disappears or something?  He's implying Doomsday takes Superman's place, and then Batman has to go all versus on the new-improved clone of Superman.  Except it's a clone of Zod.  It's just lunacy.  My brain hurts trying to make sense of it.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 14, 2015, 12:29 PM »
Is there a giant mechanical spider in it?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #198 on: December 14, 2015, 02:44 PM »
Bill,

First off, great apples to apples comparison with Civil War...just wanted to give credit where credit is due.

Second, I don't think you should hurt yourself trying to figure out what the director was trying to say about the plot.  I think they have seen the reaction to the trailer and he's trying to back-peddle in hopes of someone actually going to go and see this piece of crap in the theater.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 14, 2015, 04:57 PM »
Supposedly Hollywood keeps spoiling plots in trailers because it actually BOOSTS ticket sales. Their logic is that they know the diehards will go see it regardless and they need to find a way to get Joe McDouche (who would rather be watching MMA in his too tight Affliction shirt) and Lyndsey McBasic (who would rather be taking a selfie with her queso and breakfast tacos) to see it. And apparently spoiling the plot works.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 17, 2015, 09:03 AM »
Oh boy.  I half expect this movie to go straight to DVD...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #201 on: February 25, 2016, 09:57 AM »
Citing “sequences of violence,” the Motion Picture Association of America’s Classification and Ratings Administration has awarded the “Ultimate Edition” home video version of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice with a R rating.

Yep, because when I think "Superman", I automatically think R-rating level of violence.

Ugh.  I really, really wish there was a way for Hollywood to give us a "World's Greatest Detective" Batman and not another new iterations of "beat the living **** out of bad guys" Angry Batman.   :-\

Zero chance I take my kids to this movie now...  better to just show them 60s Adam West Batman and 70s Christopher Reeves Superman instead.  :P
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 09:59 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #202 on: February 25, 2016, 11:21 AM »
I'm waiting for reviews before I decide if I'm gonna see it, but I think the theater version will only contain PG-13 levels of violence.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 25, 2016, 06:30 PM »
Is/was this out in theaters or did it go straight to DVD? 

I am only half kidding.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 9, 2016, 02:22 PM »
the more violence the better   >:D

I'm one of those bad parents, took my 15 yo girl and 8 yo boy to see deadpool on Vday.

I just want to see people with abnormal/super abilities use them is all.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 10, 2016, 11:53 AM »
You took an 8YO to Deadpool?  Sheesh.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 10, 2016, 01:23 PM »
Yeah, my 9yo wants to see Deadpool and it wasn't even a discussion.  I'm still not ready to show him stuff like Terminator or Aliens.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 11, 2016, 01:09 PM »
You took an 8YO to Deadpool?  Sheesh.

hahaha ya I know  :-[
good thing the wife wasn't there, once she sees how bad it was i'll probably be banned from taking them to the movies.

but REALLY there was only like 2 scenes that eyes needed to be covered. the strip bar and sx scene.

everything else was pretty much, besides language, no worse then whats seen on walking dead. and watching that has become Sunday family night.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 21, 2016, 02:55 PM »
So, just scored a bunch of tickets to this for an early showing on Wednesday night for the MN crew...complete with free popcorn, Dr. Pepper, and a collectible steel pint glass.  I'm far more excited about this movie when it costs $0 and comes with free food/swag.   ;)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #209 on: March 21, 2016, 03:02 PM »
I'm interested in hearing reviews from people who aren't emotionally invested in the movie being a huge hit.  I've been reading a whole lot of "OMG THIS IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER" stuff from people I know are huge DC fanboys (and who didn't think MoS was a crapfest).  It's coming across as a bit desperate.