Author Topic: Super-articulated army builders, please!  (Read 3236 times)

Offline Valtar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Impressive... Most Impressive.
    • View Profile
    • Valtarz Customz 'n' Artz
Super-articulated army builders, please!
« on: August 12, 2003, 07:36 PM »
I would really like to see more army building figures like Biker Scouts, Tie Pilots, Imperial Officers, and the same for Rebels.  We need more articulation.  The army builders that have been put out so far are nice, but they don't move and are usually stuck in just one pose.  You had a great idea with the 3-packs of army buildiers, but they need much more articulation.  Badly.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 09:22 PM by JediMAC »

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Super-articulated army builders, please!
« Reply #1 on: July 2, 2005, 10:54 PM »
heh, I just posted about this too, but for BIGGER army packs. =)

I should have purused the forums more before spouting off.
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 3, 2005, 01:51 PM »
REAL easy idea to execute - offer the SA clone (Clone Wars), SA clone (ROTS) and the VOTC stormie (regular and sandie) to entertainment earth as exclusive solid case packs. 

Each solid pack would contain 12 of the aforementioned figures.  1 style per case.

Don't even need the blister cards - throw them in a white box, save some money and pass it on to us!!

:P

Edit:  After reading my own sig, you could add even more variety to the mix by repainting the ROTS clone (SA) - solid case packs of the 501st (blue clone) and red shocktrooper make sense as well....
« Last Edit: August 3, 2005, 01:53 PM by ruiner »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 07:52 AM »
This is a no brainer for me to lend my support. Articulation = good.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 12:59 PM »
Count me in for articulation ;D ;) :D :) ;D 8) ::) :P :-*

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 05:21 PM »
Yup, this is a no-brainer.  Articulate them, and people will buy.  By the truckloads.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 11:47 AM »
VOTC stormtroopers, bikerscouts, Saga Tie Pilots, a new imperial officer set and new snowtrooper set. Maybe a 4 pack of imperial droids. All mailer boxes, all the time. No wasted time, money, and space on expensive packaging that is headed to a landfill. 25-30 dollars for a set of 4. Hasbro direct. Sometime in 2006-2007 would be nice.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 02:18 PM »
Also maybe a clone trooper(SA) with removable helmet!
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 02:06 AM »
My support for this is obvious...  Certain figures just deserve the super articulated treatment.  Actually, army builders are highest on my list for what I'd like to see in this line before it's run dry.

My list goes:

-SA Rebel Fleet Trooper...  POTF2 was a joke, and POTJ was an improvement in sculpt but its articulation is limiting to what you can do with poses, and with the pre-posed "caved in" chest sculpt it's just not a pretty figure if its arms are down...  With a removable helmet and working holster along with super articulation (or really REALLY close to it) this would be the perfect rebel trooper to build a force to match my Stormtrooper army with!

-SA Endor Rebel Commando...  Same as above, except neither sculpt of this figure has ever been that great really.  POTF2 was nice to look at with barely any articulation.  Saga Endor Commando was a step in the right direction but pre-posed sculpt and articulation was once again limited.  Nice helmet though.  Hasbro can deliver a Super ARticulated Commando to us with a removable helmet (hell they have the helmet sculpt now all ready to go, just like the Fleet Trooper helmet), and that'd be a great new figure to add to the army.

-SA Hoth Rebel Soldier...  Do I really need to go into the previous incarnations of this Rebel Trooper?  All Hoth Troopers have been dismal so far.  The Saga Hoth Trooper was laughably bad and arguably one of the worst figures that we saw that year.  A good super articulated Hoth Rebel Foot soldier is in desperate need in the line I think.  So is his target the Snowtrooper though!

-Imperial Naval/Death Star Trooper...  One sculpt exists and it's in a constant walking/running pose that barely is able to stand.  This should have been one of the priority resculpts at Hasbro I think.  Super articulate it and put it out in droves.

-Scout Trooper...  He's getting the royal treatment it seems but at a premium.  I don't know many collectors that wouldn't buy this or the Stormtrooper in bulk if they were offered to the public.  HOpefully Hasbro keeps the price down though as those Clone 4-packs have just been too expensive to buy like army builders want to do.  If you can offer 4-packs for $20 - $25 a piece at retail, you can sell TONS of these figures.

-Snowtrooper...  POTF2 figure is weak...  Saga figure is weak...  Combining the POTF2 and Saga figures to make the Saga 2006 Snowtrooper is INCREDIBLY lame, so we still desperately need a Super Articulated Snowtrooper in the line.

While I'd love Super Articulated figures across the board for the above troopers, I'm also a flexible person too and realize that giving them:

-2 ball/socket shoulders
-2 ball/socket elbows or angle-cut elbows (No angle-cut on the armored troopers though)
-2 standard wrist joints
-2 standard hip joints
-2 ball/socket knee joints
-1 ball/socket neck joint
-1 standard waist joint

For a 12 points of articulation format, that's not bad for these figures or any figure.  It omits the complex ball/socket torso which I love but which isn't always a necessity, and it also omits the ankle joints which I also love but which the figures CAN deal without.

Knee joints, elbow joints, wrist joints, and all the standard points of articulation...  These are what the army builder figures require at a MINIMUM.  Anything less is a letdown.  It's why Major Derlin is not as cool as he could be.  he's an army builder really, but lacks the knee articulation I wish he had for buying extras to put out in my trenches leading the troops. 

Anyway, Army Builder figures should at least be that articulated, and if they're armor-clad (Clones, Snowtrooper, etc.) they really should be sporting the ball/socket elbows beyond the angle-cut joints.  I'd love for the Rebel soldiers to all have ball/socket elbow joints too though, as I think it just is a generally better point of articulation entirely.

Hasbro, please don't let us down on articulation, you've got my financial support if you don't.  I'll go broke buying all those figures if they're super articulated.  It'd be a long while before I ate well, I know that much. :)  I'd be a happy collector though, that's for certain.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2006, 09:31 PM »
VOTC Stromtrooper
VSC Scout Troopers
SA AOTC Clone Troopers (White)
SA AOTC Clone Troopers (Colored)
SA ROTS Clone Troopers (White/Gray)
EVO Sandtrooper (Dirty/Clean)
SA Snow Troopers (New)
SA Galactic Marines (New)
SA Hoth Rebels (New)
SA Endor Rebels (New)
SA BARC Troopers (New +1 with a removable helmet to be a commander)
ROTS AT-RT Drivers
TSC AT-AT Drivers
AT-ST Drivers (New)
Tie-Pilots (New)
Clone Pilots (Gray + 1 removable helmet to be Oddball)
Clone Pilots (Black)
Astromech Droids (R2 units)
Astromech Droids (R5 units)
Gonk Droids
501st Clone Troopers (SA re-paints + 1 removable helmet)
Shock Troopers (Sa re-paints +1 removable helmet)
Utapua Airborne Clone (+ 1 removable helmet)
What a dream......
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Stiller

• Youngling
  • I am NOT a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2006, 11:25 AM »
I couldn't agree more.

I love army building, and I'd practically go broke if the figures were SA...but it'd be a happy broke, heh heh.
Steeler fan since birth. Star Wars fan forever.