Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 8690 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I'm a dude.
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #165 on: September 6, 2014, 08:45 AM »
That's actually a crazy good perk.  You could get the equivalent of 10 death stars for the price of 5 before hitting your max.  You could easily land all of the bigger sets before hitting the limit.
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Knight
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 8, 2014, 11:35 AM »
You say he still has plenty? >:D

Pete, if you can, try to hold out another month for those larger sets. Rumor is LEGO Shop is doing a 3x VIP Promotion in the first half of October. I'm planning on getting the Cantina and either the AT-AT or the Star Destroyer then.

Confirmed to be Double VIP Points, and lasting all month. So every $50 you spend gets you a $5 reward.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 9, 2014, 01:11 AM »
When I stopped at a Toys R Us today (looking for the Rebels 3-pack) I struck up a conversation with the employee who rang me up and it turns out he had already set up the bags of parts for this weekend's mini-Ghost build, so he gave me a bag and instruction sheet.

Not an amazing design, but still a neat little attempt to do the Ghost at this micro-mini scale. Also glad I don't have to go during the build hours and jockey for the parts among throngs of screaming kids...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 9, 2014, 04:30 PM »
I picked up the UCS X-Wing.  Last day of no tax on Amazon last week left me fiddly.

Wanted to pick up the mini-modulars at TRU this month but no way I'm forking over $300 just to get x4 "$20" sets for free.  I'll stick with the big ones.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Knight
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 30, 2014, 03:42 PM »
Got the B-Wing today, with Double VIP points ending tomorrow at the LEGO Store. The clerk hinted that there might be some online deals for Black Friday.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 6, 2014, 12:34 PM »
Finished up what I needed from the 2014 sets using points and getting double-points:

Cantina
AT-AT
Star Destroyer
Trade Federation MTT

Would have been cool if the Slave I was out, but oh well... no new Star Wars lego until 2015 for me now...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • Vitamin
« Reply #171 on: November 6, 2014, 03:55 PM »
Here's a couple years worth of recent acquisitions.  :)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 6, 2014, 08:04 PM »
Nice!   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • Vitamin
« Reply #173 on: November 6, 2014, 09:51 PM »
When we eventually move into a new place I get to build all these, and it's going to be amazing - and take weeks.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 6, 2014, 06:43 PM »
The last model I got here was the Ewok Village.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • Vitamin
« Reply #175 on: December 7, 2014, 12:20 AM »
I picked up the UCS R2-D2 and X-Wing today.  Having a buddy who works at the Lego store is awesome.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Knight
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 14, 2014, 11:52 PM »
Snagged the new Star Destroyer today, the LEGO Store was having a single day of Double VIP Points. Puts me at $45 worth of rewards, and I'll probably snag the Ewok Village next.