Author Topic: LEGO 2014  (Read 26601 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: LEGO 2014
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2014, 09:32 AM »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2014, 11:26 PM »
Have started seeing Lego Princesses sets showing up on the shelves now post X-mas. I got my first set for my daughters today, the one with Merida and the 3 bears. They loved it, guessing we will be getting a bunch more of these.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2014, 12:12 PM »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2014, 09:25 AM »
In for Cantina and the Star Destroyer...maybe on the Snowspeeder and AT-AT

Didn't see any pics of Simpsons Minis and I was hoping for a Captain America set :(

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2014, 11:34 AM »
Or any new Marvel sets...   :'(
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2014, 11:41 AM »
Just found a listing for new Lego sets that I had missed.  You might be pleased with one of them Scott...

http://comicsalliance.com/toy-fair-2014-lego-x-men-batman-spider-man-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-duplo/

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2014, 01:14 AM »
The new Star Wars sets are hitting... I picked up the Death Star Trooper set at my local LEGO store earlier in the week, and a Wal-Mart had stocked a bunch of stuff this weekend too.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2014, 12:37 PM »
Yeah I saw these too.  I'm so bummed planets are dead.  I don't like these little ships.  I do want the set of guards and gunners though.  Very nice.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2014, 01:29 PM »
Yeah that was my first of many of those troop sets. Would have picked up more but I did some numner crunching a few weeks back and I'm poised to spend around $1500 on LEGO product this year. :o Figured I should hold off until after I get some of the larger sets I want.

I did score the small Aqua Batman vs Penguin set... good stuff and I might try to make Penguin's duck boat a little bigher.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2014, 11:28 PM »
Yeah I saw these too.  I'm so bummed planets are dead.  I don't like these little ships.  I do want the set of guards and gunners though.  Very nice.

The Microfighters aren't all that bad - they are kinda cute and fun little sets to build. As far as cheap $10 Lego gift for the Star Wars/Lego fan you know, they can't be beat.

Getting them have made me want to bite the bullet and pick up some of the Comic Con Microfighters that have come out in years past - would be cool if they re-released them in this format, but I doubt it.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2014, 06:30 PM »
I like the Microfighters - they go well with the Landspeeder and Slave I convention exclusives.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 06:32 PM by Rob »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2014, 07:24 PM »
There were so many mini-ships left to do in the planet series though...  Then they went to these.  I'm disappointed.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2014, 12:05 AM »
The only thing that upsets me about the Planet cancellation is that they made the last wave exclusive to Europe, so they'll cost an arm and a leg to complete. Guess that's how Canadians/non-Americans feel about Hasbro though.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2014, 07:32 AM »
I recently picked up only the Utapau and the Kashyyyk clone sets and the Jedi Starfighter yesterday.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2014, 09:38 AM »
The only thing that upsets me about the Planet cancellation is that they made the last wave exclusive to Europe, so they'll cost an arm and a leg to complete. Guess that's how Canadians/non-Americans feel about Hasbro though.

My wife bought me the 3 OT planet sets off of Amazon for about $23 each.  Twice what they should cost, but not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.