Author Topic: NHL 2013-14  (Read 31189 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: NHL 2013-14
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2014, 01:25 AM »
LOLTorts.

And I've watched a few replays of the Cooke hit and that's pathetic that you can see the refs watch it, and not make the call.  That is the NHL though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2014, 03:32 PM »
LOLTorts.

I thought he was going to have a stroke.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2014, 07:08 PM »
The locker room scuffle...  guys in suits trying to fight doesn't look as cool as it did in the Matrix.  They just look old.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2014, 10:09 PM »
Jets completely trolled the Hawks tonight.  Goaltenders can win hockey games, almost all by themselves. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2014, 08:06 AM »
Jets completely trolled the Hawks tonight.  Goaltenders can win hockey games, almost all by themselves.

The Hawks have been making goalies look like All-Stars all season...  Except their own of course...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2014, 09:08 PM »

The Hawks have been making goalies look like All-Stars all season...  Except their own of course...

Raanta played quite well while Crawford was out.   :-\

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2014, 07:54 AM »
Very true.  When Raanta was 'the guy' he did well.  However now that Crawford is back, neither one of them look particularly good.  I submit for your consideration Raanta's performance last night against Calgary where he gave up 4 on 15 shots... :'(  Crawford did well in relief until OT where he over extended himself and left a wrap around with half the net open.  Granted, Leddy was there to help out on defense, but they both contributed to Calgary's winning score in OT.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2014, 03:51 PM »
Dale, I was wondering if you guys were able to set up some sort of PTSD therapy for Ben Scrivens after last night...   59 saves?!?  100 shot-attempts?!?   :o
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: February 7, 2014, 12:31 PM »
Man, scary news on Letang.  At least it's just six weeks and he's not, you know, dead instead.  :-\

Maybe he'll end up with a Masterton trophy instead of a Norris this year...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: February 7, 2014, 04:04 PM »
Yeah I feel bad for him.  26...  Yeesh.  Scary.  The guy is a physical specimen then this...  You just never know.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 9, 2014, 01:57 AM »
Yeah, scary is right.  It's so bizarre when something a stroke hits a guy at the peak of his condition.  I'm amazed at expecting him back in 6 weeks, all the best to him.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 9, 2014, 08:52 AM »
I'm amazed at expecting him back in 6 weeks, all the best to him.

I have had relatives that have had strokes, and based on when it was discovered, one has never been the same and the other is perfectly normal.  I know that we are talking about a professional athlete here, but I'll be very interested to see how he is once he starts rehab, etc.  All the best to him!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: March 5, 2014, 05:30 PM »
Aah, trade deadline feeding frenzy day.  Glad it was a good show this year.  Wild made some nice injury-related upgrades at Goalie and Forwards (top 6 and bottom 6), too bad we couldn't flip Brodziak, Heatley, or Rupp for some 3rd pair D help.

Should be in a good position to protect our playoff spot.  As much as I'd like to catch up to Colorado, we're almost better off staying in a Wild Card slot and facing off against a Cali team or even Chicago versus St. Louis.  Those guys seem to have our number for some reason. :(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: March 5, 2014, 07:56 PM »
Would've loved to have Rupp.  :(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 5, 2014, 09:57 PM »
I don't think we're in any danger of making the playoffs, in spite of what most fans believe around here.  We're one point back but Dallas has a game in hand.  More importantly we've been playing over our heads since firing Noel and that's not likely to continue.  I'm guessing we'll be mathematically eliminated by the last week in March this year, which is the earliest since the return. 

We did jack.  Tried real hard to move Setoguchi, but unfortunately San Jose scouts came and watched the game last night and Seto performed true to character. 

We did re-sign Stuart.  Which would be great if he was playing 3rd line where he should be.  But he's playing second line so that's just no good.  It should only be for another year or so  ::)