Author Topic: NHL 2013-14  (Read 31187 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: NHL 2013-14
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2014, 01:25 PM »
Draft = soon...  So GM issue needs sorted now.  Owners were pretty set on Shero being on the line for holding at the deadline and he knew it.  Bylsma the owners are split on but most seem to feel he hasn't performed (debatable) and he's not workin again till new season basically so they're waiting to see what a new GM with free reign to get younger would want to do.  Guy in the system already seems like a good fit and butted heads with Shero on the stuff he'd do.  Also the rumored guy is a cap genius supposedly and has masterminded a lot of the Pens success there already.

It was to be expected tho, ultimately, and I think Bylsma is gone personally.... Most local media seem to feel the same, probably announced before draft.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2014, 10:00 PM »
Bylsma will probably get fired the day after the Caps name their new coach. Can't imagine the ruckus that would have caused to see him fired only to end up in Washington (or even in Carolina).  :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2014, 03:13 AM »
Sounding like Caps have bigger probs.  :-X

Bylsma is a great person...  Really become a fixture in Pittsburgh and with local charities.  For that matter I hear Shero is a REALLY nice guy and friendly.  I guess Pens players aren't happy for Shero being hung out to dry on this when clearly he put together top talent.  You can see this year he really didn't address issues this team had going back to FA but still when basically your team didn't show up aside from Malkin, Fleury, bursts from Gibbons Jokinen, Letang, Marting, and Bortuzzo...  But really only two guys consistent for the whole two rounds in Fleury and Malkin?  Tough to blame GM and coach on that.  That ones on your C n rest of the team.

Just glad the Yinzer crowd can stfu on Fleury cuz the guy was solid.

Lots of Babcock talk...  Like tons of it.  The basis for which being he I guess has said he would love to coach here.  He's the kind of guy who wouldn't be 87's "buddy".  I can't say that's a bad thing.  I like Disco Dan tho because hey, we won a cup under the guy.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2014, 10:35 PM »
Hawks continue to **** the bed against the Kings.  I'm ready to close the 2014 book on these guys (was actually ready during the Wild series but they surprised me).  They need a long off-season to find their power play (offense and defense) and Crawford's save percentage and GAA...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2014, 05:59 PM »
I'm used to the Blackhawks being the fastest team on the ice... not so much this series.  The Kings are skating circles around them.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2014, 01:16 AM »
What a difference three days makes. 

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2014, 12:08 PM »
I'm rooting for the 'Hawks in this series.  My brother's a fan and I'm trying to get him to splurge for Cup tickets so we can root for opposite teams.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2014, 03:17 PM »
What a difference three days makes.

Especially when faced with the prospect of elimination.  I really think that Duncan Keith is playing with an undisclosed injury.  He's not playing anywhere near his regular season levels (a lot of turnovers, not skating very well, etc.).  However, it was nice to see him get the tying goal last night.

I'll be interested to see what team shows up tomorrow.  The one I closed the book on after game 4 or the one that showed they are still the defending champs in games 5&6...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2014, 03:34 PM »
I'm expecting the games 5 & 6 team.  They've definitely got their confidence back and while they're not dominating the Kings by any stretch, when they turn it up they can certainly edge out a win.  Having home ice back should be the difference in the game.  Hopefully.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #84 on: June 2, 2014, 11:25 AM »
I'll be interested to see what team shows up tomorrow.  The one I closed the book on after game 4 or the one that showed they are still the defending champs in games 5&6...

I think, unfortunately for you, they both showed up. 

Overall a great series between two great teams, just a bummer for you Chicago guys this time around.  Looking forward to the Cup final... I'd pick the Rangers, but part of me doesn't really want St. Louis to be rewarded for his dick-move hissyfit about the Olympics snub...  then again with all the stuff about his mom passing, you kinda do want to see him succeed. 

I'll pick the Kings in 6 games.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #85 on: June 2, 2014, 02:49 PM »
Kings in 5.  I can't see NYR competing with that and I think the cup final basically ended last night.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 2, 2014, 03:05 PM »
I'm torn about St. Louis... he didn't make a lot of friends the way he exited Tampa, but I love the little guy and have for a long time.  So I'm tempted to root for him, but yeah - Kings in 5 sounds about right.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 2, 2014, 03:22 PM »
Being a Rangers fan, I'm not giving up now.  Rangers in whatever it takes (at least 4).

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2014, 12:03 PM »
Yikes.  Kings in 5 was too optimistic.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2014, 02:42 PM »
That game 2 loss was tough... especially since that goalie interference no-call really changed the moment of the game.  Or maybe I don't understand goalie interference because I see the Rangers called for it a lot and then when I see other teams do the exact thing there is no call.

In my opinion if player A shoves player B into team A's goalie, the penalty shouldn't be on team B... I think it's a dick move to get the call, but player A is gambling that he doesn't injure his goalie in that play.  Maybe I'm wrong... I probably need to brush up on the unofficial NHL rule book that is being used.

That said, Rangers did okay last night, just they couldn't get anything past Quick... so props to him.