Author Topic: NHL 2013-14  (Read 31195 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: NHL 2013-14
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2014, 10:41 AM »
Well, that sucked...

I beg to differ.  :)

Man, Xcel was rocking last night.  Guy in our row brought a decibel meter and we were hitting 120 in that third period.  Crazy loud rabid fans and the Wild were feeding off it - awesome.  Cooke was great last night, full of energy, hitting guys (all CLEAN, I might add).  That Cooke-Haula-Fontaine line was great last night.

Really hoping we can head east and steal one on Sunday.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2014, 11:00 AM »
Esh!  The Rangers looked normal after their 3 game slide.  That game 2 was rough to watch. No offense at all.  Skate down and shot from afar.  But they've turned it around  and hopefully that's the end of their power play goal drought.

Nice to see the Wild turning it around.  Watched part of it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2014, 11:50 PM »
Blech.

Go Wild, and to a lesser extent Montreal. :P
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2014, 11:53 PM »
Blech.

Sorry Jesse.  That was a pretty colossal failure by the Pens after being up 3-1.  So after Dan Bylsma coaches USA hockey to a dismal performance in Russia, he follows it up with his team ******** the bed in the 2nd round.  I'd call that a pretty bad year for him...  So is he out or do the Pens stick with him?
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2014, 12:17 AM »
We had the opportunities, but the Blackhawks' superior goaltending won out in the end. Congrats to both teams. Go Wild!
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2014, 12:29 AM »
Sorry Jeff, the Wild are clearly a hell of a team, and outplayed pretty much every Blackhawk not named Crawford tonight, but...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2014, 01:06 AM »
I'd say Bylsma's gone IAS, as there's always been a, "You did it with Therrien's team" thing underlying him and he never duplicated...  So I'd say he's gone, yes.  I'd say quite a few Pens players will also be gone...  Shero's surprised before though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2014, 10:53 AM »
Ugh, what a gut punch.  Still haven't recovered from last night.

Proud of what the Wild accomplished this year, but bummed it ended the way it did with a fluky bounce to the 'Hawks best player alone in front like that.  :(

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2014, 08:11 AM »
The Hawks were definitely outplayed for the vast majority of that game and Crawford needed to stand on his head multiple times to keep it 1-1 and force OT.  Couldn't believe that bounce and the backhander.  Really didn't expect them to make it to the Finals.  Thankfully I had low expectations...

The Wild have definitely sent a message to the Western Conference that they are a Cup contender.  Next season is going to be a fun watch.

The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2014, 10:54 AM »
I think we're 1, maybe 2 players (big-time goal-scoring forward, right-shot stud D) away from being a true cup contender, but we're definitely trending in that direction and are more than just first round fodder now.  :)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2014, 10:49 AM »
Pens just fired their coach and GM.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2014, 09:49 PM »
Pens just fired their coach and GM.

Not the coach.  Yet.  They seem to be leaving that for the new GM to do.  Weird. 

I think we're 1, maybe 2 players (big-time goal-scoring forward, right-shot stud D) away from being a true cup contender, but we're definitely trending in that direction and are more than just first round fodder now.

I'd like to express something resembling confidence in my team, but with the goalie we have all I can be assured of is a top ten pick in 2015.  I guess there's some consolation we could win the draft lottery.  ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2014, 10:35 AM »
I'd like to express something resembling confidence in my team, but with the goalie we have all I can be assured of is a top ten pick in 2015.  I guess there's some consolation we could win the draft lottery.  ::)

What, you don't have faith in a guy with a career 2.96 GAA / 0.906 SV% starting in goal?

We have a slightly worn, slightly crazy Russian netminder UFA you guys could get cheap.  He seems to have gotten over his fear of the cold and bears after spending time in EDM and MIN, and you guys are already great at chanting his name.   >:D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2014, 03:16 PM »
Lots of goalies we can get cheap in UFA.  No real need to hand something useful to the Wild for something much less than useful for a second year in a row. 

My real worry is whether our GM actually believes that Pavs is a true #1 going into next year.  The rhetoric around here is that we're weak defensively so it's not on the goalie.  Which is a complete load because while we're not super strong on D, nor are we completely weak either.  The goalie's job is to stop shots.  Period. Pavelec has done a poor job of that for much of the time he's been in Winnipeg. 

As for Bryz, I'll give the guy credit, he's handled coming to Winnipeg well with the visiting teams.  Crazy Ivan. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2014, 06:37 PM »
East= Rangers
West= Chicago