Author Topic: ReAction Lines  (Read 173082 times)

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: ReAction Lines
« Reply #75 on: June 4, 2014, 01:02 PM »
I picked up the Alien the other day at a local B&N.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2014, 11:42 PM »
I wound up with all these at ultimately a steep discount, and an extra Kane for other purposes.  :-X

Glad I got a set...  The Alien really is the only one besides Kane anyone seems to care about, haha.  Looks cool too.  He's heading to the Cantina for a beer with his ah cha cha smile.

I'm missing a couple accessories on the humans but that's ok, as they weren't very good anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 1, 2014, 09:00 AM »
Super 7 has been teasing a sweet-ass new boxed Alien ReAction toy for SDCC that looks an awful lot like a playset!

Not sure if this would be a Nostromo environment or perhaps the alien ship, but it sounds insanely cool. Must buy for me.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #78 on: July 1, 2014, 07:23 PM »
Yeah I'm all ears on something like that too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 1, 2014, 10:00 PM »
Thus far the figures haven't really appealed to me, but I could be on board with some sort of spaceship vehicle or playset. I look forward to seeing what Super 7 unveils.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 1, 2014, 10:08 PM »
Egg Chamber Action Playset FTW!!!

http://toysrevil.blogspot.com/2014/07/alien-egg-chamber-reaction-playset-by.html

Incredibly awesome if true. Seems like we do not yet have "official" confirmation though.

They are also releasing some exclusive Alien ReAction figures in new paint schemes and possibly new sculpts with exclusive Alien Egg packaging. Speculation is that these may be Dallas and Lambert.

Excited!

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 1, 2014, 10:32 PM »
Looks like it is official:

http://cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Super7_2014_San_Diego_ComicCon_Exclusives_Full_Reveal_158701.asp

Those are some neat exclusive items... only downside is that they are exclusives. The Egg Chamber is something I would be very interested in if it hits normal retail, especially with other companies making video game Aliens and Colonial Marine-esque figures.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #82 on: July 2, 2014, 01:06 AM »
It's a very big "if", but IF that is somehow available, I'm buying...  A little egg chamber floor?  I'm all for it, just for displaying my Hot Toys/Hiya Toys 1:18 Aliens around it.

I have a couple eggs from the Microman Alien Warrior (Not cheap), and they're among my favorite bitties.

Now, if that is REALLY expensive and REALLY hard to get, I'm out.  It's appearing to be just a simple base, maybe a couple removable eggs, and looks like some kinda cardboard background.  I wouldn't pay a ton for it simply because I can cast the eggs I have easily enough. 

I have a Kenner Queen Hive Playset I got some years ago, and a pile of eggs would certainly be a dandy display system for my Alien hoard.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 2, 2014, 09:12 AM »
Best part is the picture on the packaging.  Kids that age should not be watching Alien!!  LOL!  That girl's parents will be dealing with night terrors for months.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 2, 2014, 09:15 AM »
LOL, that's true...her expression is priceless though.

I absolutely have to have this thing now, no question. What a great idea, I love what this company is doing in general.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #85 on: July 2, 2014, 07:28 PM »
That is definitely pretty cool. May consider trying to get it since I have the Alien set with exclusive.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 3, 2014, 11:18 PM »
So...turns out the price on this is going to be $100 and they will be limited to 250 pieces.  :(

I guess Brian Flynn was explaining over at RS how they were only able to get limited use out of the molds for this thing and could not afford to do it as a mass produced item.

Of all the SDCC exclusives, and there are a number I want this year, this is the one that concerns me the most. I went ahead and just pre-ordered one off eBay and will likely do so again just to hedge my bets. (I had bad luck with my Super 7 pre-orders last year)

This has been one hellaciously expensive line to collect. I kinda hope this is it for them after this. I love what we have gotten but it's not cheap or easy to be a completist with this stuff.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #87 on: July 3, 2014, 11:27 PM »
Wow, yeah, $100? 

But given what it is, which is a classically 70's retro playset with the backdrop and stuff, I don't think I'd ever have dropped that much on something so simplistic.  $50 maybe, as all I really wanted was that egg base it's on.  I don't think they'd have sold like gangbusters at $50 even though, if a larger production and distribution run was cranked out.  Not many folks are willing to plunk down big money for just basically a big stand.

I still dig it.  I still would've loved one.  I won't be buying one though, now.  Short of a pile of the stand showing up from some random Chinese Ebay seller.  :-X

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #88 on: July 5, 2014, 10:53 AM »
The limitedness of it will make it impossible to get.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2014, 10:47 AM »
The nice folks at Barnes and Noble let me take the nifty ReAction figure display box home for free last night. They sold out weeks ago and never re-stocked so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Now I have a place to display the swanky Egg Chamber playset if I am every lucky enough to get my hands on one.  :)