Author Topic: ReAction Lines  (Read 173067 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: ReAction Lines
« Reply #30 on: February 7, 2014, 10:52 AM »
BIG REVEAL at EE! 

From EE:
We are excited to announce an EXCLUSIVE first look at several of Super 7 and Funko's newly released ReAction 3 3/4 inch figures! They've added hot new licenses to the line including: Terminator, Predator, Back to the Future, Escape from New York, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Firefly, Goonies, Universal Monsters, Pulp Fiction,  A Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, and many more!

Pics from Predator, Terminator, Escape from New York, Rocketeer,  and Nightmare Before Christmas are up, more will be revealed as we lead up to Toy Fair!

Looks like they are starting at $10 each or so... not too bad for a small company release compared to the $15-20 Alien starting point.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2014, 11:08 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 7, 2014, 11:29 AM »
Hope they do the rest of the Serenity crew.  No Tams, Book, or Inara.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: February 7, 2014, 12:41 PM »
Looks like BBTS has put up their ReAction pre-orders as well this morning.  Also charging $10 each for the new ones.  No pics though since those are EE exclusive (see above).
« Last Edit: February 7, 2014, 12:41 PM by Jeff »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 7, 2014, 12:58 PM »
You mean the pictures are EE exclusives or the figures? Guessing it's just the pics, right?

I'm blown away by a lot of the listings, but somehow I don't think some of these other lines came out as well as Alien. The Terminator humans are practically un-recognizable. And poor Snake Plissken, what did they do to you?!

Big difference I guess when you get away from the original Kenner sculpts.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 7, 2014, 01:11 PM »
Well, I think the whole retro thing is that the likeness is not quite as good as they are now.  I mean the Kenner SW figures didn't look like Luke, but all the same, I didn't care back then.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: February 7, 2014, 01:11 PM »
You mean the pictures are EE exclusives or the figures? Guessing it's just the pics, right?

Correct.  There will be a flood of images after Toy Fair, but for now EE is the only one allowed to post the pics.  Everyone can put up pre-orders though.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 7, 2014, 01:17 PM »
I am tempted by the "Firefly" figures and some others, but as I mentioned earlier, there's only 5 of the crew.  I don't want to get involved and pick up the five if there are no plans to do the whole crew.  Is there anyone to ask about this?  At Toy Fair maybe?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: February 7, 2014, 01:38 PM »
They have already said that lines that do well will get a wave 2.  Lines that don't sell well, this is probably it.  So, if you want River/Book/etc, buy Wave 1 and make sure all your friends do too!

I have Funko on my Toy Fair Tour Schedule, I'm sure they will have a lot more info on the line and plans for the future available then.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2014, 01:38 PM by Jeff »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #38 on: February 7, 2014, 01:39 PM »
Yeah I think the NBXMAS figs came off well but not sure on the others yet... will wait to see better pics. Kudos for the aggressiveness of the line though.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 7, 2014, 01:44 PM »
I have Funko on my Toy Fair Tour Schedule, I'm sure they will have a lot more info on the line and plans for the future available then.

Thanks, Jeff!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: February 7, 2014, 04:08 PM »
Rocketeer next to vintage Boba Fett seems like a fit.  I wish you could get individual alien figures.  I don't want them all especially at their price.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 7, 2014, 05:10 PM »
Bleh... these new figures don't look too good. I could appreciate the Alien figures emulating the cancelled Kenner versions, but these figures just seem like all-around cheap cash grabs. For as much flak as I have given Hasbro lately about 5POA SL/Mission Poopies, at least they kept modern sculpting and lower prices for the line. Enough ranting for me, I should offer props to Funko for finding a way to make money off great film and TV properties while saving on sculpting and likeness costs.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 7, 2014, 10:06 PM »
I'm definitely excited to hear more about what they have planned. And yeah, I guess in retrospect the early SW figures were not great likenesses either. But I think like Kenner they do pretty well with non-humans. The Terminator thing looked pretty cool, and Rocketeer came out ok.

No question they are going to get more of my 4" money this year than Hasbro.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #43 on: February 7, 2014, 11:15 PM »
I've been waiting for a Rocketeer action figure for 20 years, so I'm glad to see that one. The Predators look nice too. Those Terminator figures need a little more time in the oven, methinks. Maybe they'll look better with production paint jobs.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #44 on: February 8, 2014, 02:16 PM »
Not sure how i feel about these. I am sure i will pick up a few to go with the Alien figures but something seems a little off, not retro enough.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"