Author Topic: ReAction Lines  (Read 173412 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: ReAction Lines
« Reply #45 on: February 8, 2014, 04:34 PM »
I hate those Predators...  I think they're terrible, and the humans have a little less of the Kenner/Star Wars look than I like.  The figures from Alien had a much more of the Vintage Star Wars look to them I felt.  These, not so much...  I think the Rocketeer is very cool though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2014, 02:10 AM »
Out of all the pics I looked at I thought the Rocketeer and the Nightmare figures probably looked the best.  I didn't care for the Predator figures either and I had high hopes for those.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2014, 08:59 PM »
I have HOt Toys Snap Kit guys chilling strategically amongst my SW figure shelves, and I'll stick with those. 

An Alien just cropped up from Hiya Toys...  WOW is it good.  Gives me hope for the future of a good articulated line of Aliens/Marines figures that are fairly available to the masses.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2014, 01:12 AM »
I saw those all over Twitter today.  They look excellent.  Never heard of that company before but I see they have some WWII military figures and whatnot.  Looks about on 21st Century quality, maybe a little better.  The Aliens figures look really good.  And I'm with you on the Colonial Marines figures.

I don't know what kind of price point that company has or if they're in the US market (other than online).

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2014, 06:37 PM »
Did some preorders on BBTS but need help with US Distribution.  They're run by friends of mine, and I really hope they take off because that Alien is gorgeous and is coming with multiple hands, an egg, and a facehugger for accessories...  LOVE good Alien figures in 4" scale. 

The WW2 stuff they're hoping to expand.  Those are Barbarosa Germans, a first, Spring Offensive guys...  And they're supposedly doing Russians to complement them as a next series.  If those come out, I'm giddy.  Nobody did Russians, but everyone wanted them!

I've been told US is almost a lock as well...  After Russians.  I'm hoping for some variety to what 21st/BBI/FOV wound up doing.  The Germans have the rolled up sleeves, so it's a good variation to material that's been covered.  They're solid figures.

Their modern US infantry were well received except for the non-removable buckets.

I'm more interested in WW2 (or other historical eras) and now these Aliens, man...  If they do Colonial Marines as a series?  I'm in heaven!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2014, 01:12 AM »
I saw you had some back-and-forth with them on Twitter asking about the accessories with the Aliens.  I like what I'm hearing so far. 

Looks like BBTS has the Alien up for pre-order now at $20.  I should probably throw one on the PoL.

E...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2014, 01:35 AM »
I'm waiting for the assortment and plan to get a case...  If you wanna split a case, lemme know.  I'd be interested.

Interested in a case of WW2 Germans by chance?  I can absorb one but I'd rather split.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2014, 08:58 AM »
Sorry, this is getting a little confusing, are we still talking about ReAction stuff?

If not, maybe that other stuff merits a second thread? Sounds interesting but very perplexing with all the different scales, companies, etc.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2014, 06:24 PM »
Several sites have pictures of most of the rest of the stuff. I find a lot of this stuff is really hit or miss, maybe partly due to source material. I find a lot of the human characters are just too plain to be very interesting. Love the look of the horror stuff and the universal monsters though, they look pretty fantastic.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2014, 11:33 PM »
I think Chunk's Baby Ruth is the greatest accessory of all time.  :D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2014, 12:06 AM »
I was looking forward to the Buffy and Firefly figures, but wow, this format does not work for them.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2014, 01:23 AM »
Way more fisher price adventure people than Kenner. A little bit of a bummer.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2014, 08:50 AM »
I think the Horror stuff looks pretty great, think they will do well with those. The Firefly figures aren't atrocious, but man, those BTTF figs are not good at all.

I'm kind of on the fence with the Pulp Fiction stuff, love the cardbacks and the figure selection, but kind of hit or miss with the execution. Gimp is a must though.

Strikes me as odd to have 1-2 figure waves too, guess they are just testing the waters. Hope they have more Escape from NY stuff in the pipeline.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 6, 2014, 10:23 PM »
I was surprised to find a full set of the Alien ReAction figures after work today at Barnes and Noble. I grabbed another Kane and Alien figure to open since I have the full blue carded set MOC. $9.95 each, not bad at all.

I hope these do well and we get to see the upcoming figures here too, seems like a good outlet for them.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 7, 2014, 09:55 AM »
Wow, that's kind of an interesting place to find them.  I wonder if the buyer for B&N is a fan?  It may be worth me swinging by my store this week just to take a look.

E...