Author Topic: ReAction Lines  (Read 173515 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: ReAction Lines
« Reply #120 on: August 9, 2014, 02:46 PM »
I am gonna nab a rocketeer for custom use but otherwise I am not a fan of the other lines besides alien.  It didn't seem to work as well with those other lines as it did with Alien.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 9, 2014, 10:39 PM »
Finally cracked open the SDCC Exclusive Alien Egg Chamber last night and wanted to provide a brief review, sans pictures.

It is, as I figured it would be, a very well done effort overall, not perfect, but pretty great for what it is.

The base is very heavy, moreso than any of the vintage Star Wars ones. It is similar in mold though in that it's more or less hollow, but it's dense, much more hefty than I expected. The coloring is definitely more of a darker charcoal grey and there is no paint at all applied. The eggs appear to be molded separately, but firmly stuck in place. One of them is open to simulate the scene from the movie.

The cardboard background is pretty nice, well painted, gives some illusion of depth and perspective, with a tiny rendition of the Engineer at the very top, as if at the end of a long upward arching hallway. Like the old Kenner playsets, it comes with additional cardboard "feet" you need to fold up to attach it to the slots in the base.

The only real gripe I have is that the majority of the footpegs appear to be too large for the peg holes in the figures' feet. I tried them out with both Kane and the Alien, but could only get them to fit onto 2 out of the 7. Maybe they would work better with the other characters, I haven't tried them with the ones from the Mystery Eggs yet, but it seems like those should be universal.

Speaking of which, I have been able to snag 5 of the 8 Mystery figures so far, just need the clear Alien and both clear Ripleys and I am caught up.  :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 10, 2014, 02:17 PM »
Rocketeer is just showing up?  I ordered most of the line on Amazon and got that one in the mail about a month ago.   The BTTF figures already shipped too.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 10, 2014, 11:32 PM »
I happened to be in one of those eclectic, more hipster-oriented toy stores today (not a usual stop) and was shocked to see a carded Snake Plissken on the pegs! There was no way the kid in me could possibly resist grabbing it on the spot. Unfortunately they only had the "Version 2" figure and not the other one with the leather jacket, but I'm sure I will be able to find that easily enough.

There were also a couple of the Alien and Firefly figures there, first time I had seen the latter too.

I also saw they were stocking the SW 6" figures, so this is definitely going to be added to the regular store rotation now.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #124 on: August 11, 2014, 01:31 PM »
The only one I am interested is the Crow, other than that my interest in this line is much less than I had anticipated.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #125 on: August 11, 2014, 08:22 PM »
Yeah mine diminished once I saw final products...

The Alien playset probably has more heft to it because it's resin iirc.  I don't think they were going to do injection molded ones till they hit a certain number of orders for it at the con, so all the con ones are resin.  Some resins are real hefty, and others are light and airy, but for a big set like that I'd guess the resin was weighty stuff.

I wish the eggs were removable.  They were my fav aspect of it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 11, 2014, 10:46 PM »
Got my BTTF order today.  Love this line... and I don't mind them looking ****** at all, that's kind of the gimmick anyway.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #127 on: August 11, 2014, 11:01 PM »
I liked the Kenner-ish look...  I felt like the others were too far some other direction.  What that direction was, i don't know.  the Alien line just looks different for some reason.  :-\

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 12, 2014, 03:15 PM »
Well that is probably because the Alien figures ARE Kenner... They were never produced figures that Super 7 and Funko got the rights to. It was such a popular thing that this ReAction line sprung out of it.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 13, 2014, 11:30 AM »
I've got a wishlist for this line...

Army of Darkness / Evil Dead
Beetlejuice
Big Trouble in Little China
Blade Runner
Tron
Silence of the Lambs
Blues Brothres
Ghostbusters
A Clockwork Orange
Robocop
Conan the Barbarian / Destroyer
Legend
Die Hard
X-Files
ET
Teen Wolf
Planet of the Apes
Spaceballs
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Thing
The Exorcist
Total Recall
Fifth Element
Rocky
Mad Max Trilogy
The Fly
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Hellboy
Killer Klowns From Outer Space
The Lost Boys

I'd love more Silent Film era figures too - Caligari, Metropolis...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #130 on: August 14, 2014, 12:03 AM »
Yeah I just expected the other ones to I guess look more Kenner-ish than they do.  They look just different enough for me to not take interest in them I guess.  :-\

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 21, 2014, 04:35 PM »
I received the Snake Plissken figures I ordered online today, unpunched and with solid paint apps. Can't wait for the Duke figure!  :)

I think I'm down for all the Predators and probably the Terminator stuff as well. Pulp Fiction is a maybe, but beyond that probably not too much.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 21, 2014, 06:12 PM »
Speaking of Terminator figures.  I saw these at TRU today... even the variant (?) T-800 was there.  Of course one of the T-800 had a broken arm floating in package. 

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #133 on: August 21, 2014, 08:15 PM »
Saw some of the Firefly and BTTF figs last night. Huge miss. Too bad.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 21, 2014, 11:12 PM »
I would love to get some Firefly figures, but maybe not the ReAction ones.  I heard (though I've not read confirmation... or looked yet for proof) that Funko may produce some 6" Firefly figures for next year in their Legacy line.