Author Topic: ReAction Lines  (Read 173413 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: ReAction Lines
« Reply #270 on: June 23, 2015, 01:37 PM »
SA Reaction kind of goes against the whole concept.   :)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 23, 2015, 02:15 PM »
I picked up an all-chrome T-1000 (Cop Uniform) at TRU today over lunch, so I now have 2/7.  :-\

Also saw the 5th Element figures for the first time, they look better than I expected. Think I might have to grab those at some point too.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 25, 2015, 01:48 PM »
Seriously, "Night of the Comet"?!?!

I thought that movie was asinine. I can think of a hell of a lot better ways to spend the impending apocalypse with two hot chicks than running around a shopping mall.

Human characters in regular clothes are painfully boring anyway.

I imagine the rights to stuff like Adventures in the Forbidden Zone, Buckaroo Banzai, Beastmaster, etc would be pretty damn cheap to pick up...any of those would be better choices IMHO.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #273 on: June 25, 2015, 03:23 PM »
I asked for NotLD figs which I would buy in a heartbeat.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 25, 2015, 03:27 PM »
I asked for NotLD figs which I would buy in a heartbeat.

Seconded...great choice!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #275 on: June 25, 2015, 03:34 PM »
I dig Beastmaster too, that was a good choice.  I would like ST: TNG and DS9  figs too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #276 on: June 25, 2015, 03:36 PM »
ST: TNG are coming... they wanted to get the two TOS waves out first, but TNG rights are already locked up -

An updated list of ReAction lines planned for next year... 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #277 on: June 25, 2015, 03:56 PM »
Ah yeah I forgot those.  DS9 now baby!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 26, 2015, 12:14 PM »
I was excited for Big Trouble in Little China figures, but passed when I saw them in person.  I'm looking forward to the Aliens line and maybe the A-Team if they turn out well.  The rest are a pass (though I would be tempted to get the Star Trek Classic figures if I saw them all at once or in a set).
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #279 on: June 26, 2015, 02:03 PM »
Aliens has me slightly interested but only because I'm starved for that stuff.  However, Hiya Toys is putting out figures that are basically Aliens, under the Aliens: Colonial Marines guise, and so far the Aliens themselves are everything you'd want in a SA line.

Not sure on the Marines, which are pushed to August for pre-orders.  The POwer Loader prototype is all kinds of amazing looking though.  :o

So to that end, I'd rather have an SA line and spend on that, but I do love all things Aliens and so I may still pick up the Funko guys.

Speak of the devil, they just released a new pic of Hicks...

« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 02:16 PM by Jesse James »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 26, 2015, 02:22 PM »
Somehow that doesn't look anything like the character from the movie to me. I don't even mean the likeness, the gear and uniform just looks off somehow. Could be a misperception on my part though.

Walmart has been clearancing their ReAction Alien figs and I picked up a few more Big Chaps for $3 a piece yesterday. Got a nice little diorama going now...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #281 on: June 26, 2015, 02:28 PM »
Somehow that doesn't look anything like the character from the movie to me. I don't even mean the likeness, the gear and uniform just looks off somehow. Could be a misperception on my part though.

Hiya's license is for Aliens: Colonial Marines (video game).  So while some of the characters are from the movie(s), they may have video game gear/looks and not movie gear.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #282 on: June 26, 2015, 05:48 PM »
I compared to my Hot Toys Hicks...  It's pretty decent.  For a small company I think it's pretty good.  Not a great likeness of the actor per se, but neither is Hasbros latest Han the best Ford likeness.

The colors are off and stuff but that can change.  The armor looks pretty on the mark to me even compared to the HT Hicks 12" fig.  It's a prototype too and miles superior to their last humans (WW2 Germans).  I didn't think they were doing any figs from the movies tho even if in the game as cameos.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 07:32 PM by Jesse James »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 27, 2015, 12:17 AM »

Walmart has been clearancing their ReAction Alien figs and I picked up a few more Big Chaps for $3 a piece yesterday. Got a nice little diorama going now...

That's a deal. I've only seen ReAction figures once at any Wal-Mart and those were Back to the Future.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 27, 2015, 02:30 PM »
Just got back from making the toy rounds and am pleased to report Barnes and Noble has begun clearancing the older ReAction figures for 50% off. It looked a bit random to me as far as what was included or not, but I was able to pick up a few more Universal monsters, a Pinhead and Jason, and some Predators at $5 each.

BTW, if you go out looking for these, they are not with the other ReAction figures, they were laying on a special Clearance table with a bunch of other stuff.

Happy hunting!