Author Topic: ReAction Lines  (Read 173484 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: ReAction Lines
« Reply #315 on: July 30, 2015, 09:23 PM »
Good updates, thanks for posting! Addams Family could have some potential. Not too crushed about Bill & Ted. I was hoping they would do more Universal monsters, curious who they would go with next.

I don't know if they were referring to the original or the sequel, but they have some unfinished work left to do on the Nostromo crew. I still remember the painted prototypes of Lambert and co from last year's con. Hook it up!

I finally saw the Breaking Bad figures at a local toy store this week, the only other ones still due out that have been announced were Fight Club I believe.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 2, 2015, 08:30 PM »
Barnes and Noble clearance is up to 75% off now, so I picked up a bunch more figures yesterday for $2.50 a pop. Got a few of the Pulp Fiction and some more Alien guys.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 2, 2015, 09:01 PM »
On that haunted house play set... my assumption is more likely that no one bought them.  That price tag was insane for a fold-up piece of printed cardboard.

Happy to report I was just able to order one of these right off the super 7 website for cost. I threw in the regular version of Bruce the Shark while I was at it to complete my Jaws collection.

All in all I did pretty well scoring sdcc exclusives this year for minimal markup. Except for that $&@! Stormtrooper.  ::)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 5, 2015, 05:07 PM »
Another new exclusive:

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 5, 2015, 07:20 PM »
Oh, hell yes! I am all over this...

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 8, 2015, 12:18 PM »
Found 3 different Predator at a Target for $2.98 each. (unmasked, mouth open and invisible)

Saw the Gorn and Orion woman at TRU, came close to getting the Gorn.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 9, 2015, 11:01 AM »
Picked up the exclusive "Arcade Version" Predator off eBay this morning. Got "hatless" Sarah Connor earlier in the week. The work continues...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 9, 2015, 12:03 PM »
Picked up the exclusive "Arcade Version" Predator off eBay this morning. Got "hatless" Sarah Connor earlier in the week. The work continues...

Oh man... I've been looking for the Chase Sarah Connor for weeks.  Can't find the regular non-frozen T-1000 with the Patrolman's helmet either.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 9, 2015, 06:14 PM »

Nice!  What store?  TRU?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 9, 2015, 07:31 PM »

Nice!  What store?  TRU?

Sarah was actually from eBay too. I gave up trying to find her since TRU is the only place to stock T2 figures around here, and only sporadically at that.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 9, 2015, 09:29 PM »
I've only seen T2 figures once, and it was at at TRU.  I've turned to eBay more times than I'm comfortable with this line... just recently I've gone there for Mr. Miyagi with the headband, T-1000 with the hook arms, Bloody Jaws (found him a few days later), and T-1000 with hole in the head (didn't know he'd be at TRU)...

Still need to get the T-800 with battle damage, the chase Sarah Connor, the Japanese Marty McFly with Einstein, Flocked Wolfman, MOTU....

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 10, 2015, 11:08 AM »
I've only seen T2 figures once, and it was at at TRU.  I've turned to eBay more times than I'm comfortable with this line... just recently I've gone there for Mr. Miyagi with the headband, T-1000 with the hook arms, Bloody Jaws (found him a few days later), and T-1000 with hole in the head (didn't know he'd be at TRU)...

Still need to get the T-800 with battle damage, the chase Sarah Connor, the Japanese Marty McFly with Einstein, Flocked Wolfman, MOTU....

Yeah, the non-exclusive figures are actually cheaper to buy on Ebay, for whatever reason, you can usually find them in lots for less than $10 apiece. I've gotten a lot of them this way.

Interesting you mention the "Flocked" Wolfman. I have been hunting that one too, but have no idea WTF "flocked" means in relation to a toy. I see there are some Funko vinyl figures dubbed that as well. What does that mean? (I can't see any difference between this and the regular Wolfman)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 10, 2015, 12:16 PM »
Near as I can tell, the flocked thing is some other method of application for his fur.  Not sure if it's soft, or just a different texture... or something sprayed on, but it's not just regularly molded plastic.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #328 on: August 10, 2015, 12:50 PM »
Interesting you mention the "Flocked" Wolfman. I have been hunting that one too, but have no idea WTF "flocked" means in relation to a toy.

Flocked is when they apply that fake fuzzy feel to a toy. 

It was a very popular "fake fur" type thing for toys.  GI Joe used ******* for fake buzz cuts on the 12" figure hair/beards.  80s Master of the Universe flocked a bunch of stuff too - Moss Man and Panthor are two I can think of off the top of my head.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #329 on: August 10, 2015, 06:22 PM »
12" chewbacca was flocked once too.  GI Joes shffered from Joe pattern baldness from headgear and general play wear too.  Kinda weird looking.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77