Author Topic: ReAction Lines  (Read 174416 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: ReAction Lines
« Reply #375 on: October 12, 2015, 04:35 PM »
Cool - you too.  I'll let you know if by some chance I run into these... hopefully they end up all over the place.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 04:35 PM by Rob »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #376 on: October 15, 2015, 04:03 PM »
Just saw that EE has a pre-order for the SDCC Blue Crypt Exclusive for $79.99 with free shipping.

Also had the Haunted House Playset/Display for $75 - not available now, but they are expecting more it sounds like...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Online McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 26, 2015, 03:24 PM »
Cool - you too.  I'll let you know if by some chance I run into these... hopefully they end up all over the place.

Hey Rob, I was just able to order the nycc B&W creature figure from Toys R Us' eBay store. Only came to $15 shipped, not bad at all. I could not find listings for the other two yet but hopefully they will show up too. I'll post again if I can find those. Good luck!  :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Online McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 1, 2015, 08:57 AM »
Got my B&W Creature yesterday in the usual TRU bubble mailer, but it was thankfully intact.

Also picked up both of the "Final Battle" T1000 EE variants for less than $10 apiece off eBay - nice. I still need like six more of those T2 figures, too many variants, ugh.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 1, 2015, 01:39 PM »
Thanks for the tip.  I actually decided that I'm done worrying about the variations with this line - there's just too many and I have a real hard time with the idea of one of these simple sculpts with almost no articulation costing more than $10 ($7 would be more in line with what you're getting).

Basically I'm looking for ways to collect a little bit less, and this is one of the ones I'm going with for now. 

Online McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 4, 2015, 09:11 AM »
I hear you on the variants Rob. The T2 ones were really over the top. I'm still trying to get the last couple I need. I do sort of enjoy the chase though, and in general I'm a huge fan of the ReAction stuff, most properties anyway.

I finally broke down and picked up the full assortment of Fifth Element figures this week through various eBay auctions, averaged just under $5 a piece so not too bad at all. I see the Rocky Horror figures are now in stock at EE, so those are probably next.

Glad they are taking a long break in 2016 though, that was a major glut of product for earlier this year.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 4, 2015, 10:48 AM »
Yep.  Those T-1000 things were insane... 8 of them is beyond absurd.  Until I decided to stop worrying about this so much, I had collected 7 of them.  I just need the Patrolman chase version that's not frozen.  I paid like $35 for the hook-arms one, which is way way too much for one of these figures.  I also would still like to pick up the battle damaged T-800, but again, $30+ isn't happening anymore.  I'm starting to think that for regular releases I'm just going to start waiting a few months, like you're saying with the Fifth Element stuff, you can readily find these for less than $7 if you just hold out a little while and with over 100 of these already, I just feel like it's not good value for the money I've spent.

Online McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 6, 2015, 12:00 PM »
Yeah, I think you're definitely right about waiting these things out, Rob. Outside of the T2 line I don't think any of their lines have really gone up much if at all in value since their release. You can get complete runs of most of them for well below the $10 MSRP on eBay.

I'm happy with what I have to this point, I would probably be more selective if they were continuing to crank out product, but the lull now makes me feel like it won't be hard to keep up going forward.

Oh, and I finally picked up that Flocked Wolfman for $20 shipped from a BIN auction this weekend, so I am happy about that.  :)

Online McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 22, 2015, 03:37 PM »
I walked into TRU today and found a single B&W Frankenstein hanging on the pegs and after poking around I also found a single B&W Wolfman as well. Those were the only two they had, which was perfect because those were the only two I needed. These worked out a lot better for me than I initially expected.  :)

Also bought Leatherface for $10 off eBay.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 30, 2015, 10:31 PM »
Just when I'd moved on and decided not to worry about these, I wandered into a TRU last night and found all three of them.  They had a few of each.  I'm perfectly happy picking up exclusives at normal retail prices.

Online McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 31, 2015, 08:27 AM »
Just when I'd moved on and decided not to worry about these, I wandered into a TRU last night and found all three of them.  They had a few of each.  I'm perfectly happy picking up exclusives at normal retail prices.

Awesome Rob, glad you found these!

I finally caved and picked up the Rocky Horror figures off eBay for $9 apiece shipped. The only one not available was Frank, so I went onto Gamestop's website and found one at a local store they are now holding for me.  ;D

Curious now if/when we will get a whiff of any new product from these guys in 2016.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 31, 2015, 03:42 PM »
They had the Rocky Horror figures the other day too, but I passed.  I was never that into that one.  Other than the T-1000 Patrolman and the Silver Painted Frozen T-1000, I'm all caught up at the moment too, but there are plenty of exclusives I'd pick up if I ever found a decent deal.

All the Crypt Universal Monster figures...
The He-Man Prototyles
The He-Man Black and Whites
The Battle Damaged T-800

I'm also thinking I might pick up the Flash Gordon figures at some point soon.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #387 on: January 27, 2016, 01:16 PM »
Today's Daily Deal at EE - 40% off Fifth Element Reaction Figures
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Online McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 6, 2016, 09:57 AM »
All ReAction stuff is 30% off right now at Barnes and Noble, if you need 'em.  :)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 12, 2016, 04:17 PM »