Author Topic: ReAction Lines  (Read 173478 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: ReAction Lines
« Reply #405 on: April 26, 2016, 04:59 PM »
Is the Case not available until 7pm?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 26, 2016, 08:30 PM »
Is the Case not available until 7pm?

Yep, I don't even see a listing for it on their web store yet. I will check back a few minutes before just in case.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 26, 2016, 10:27 PM »
I was able to order the carrying case and Japanese packaged 3-pack without any trouble. $45 each though, ouch.  :-\

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 27, 2016, 10:48 AM »
Ugh, I am a sucker for those vinyl carrying cases.  I ordered the case and the 3 pack for just $105 with shipping.  Ouch.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 27, 2016, 11:53 AM »
I want the exclusive figure, but their prices are getting stupid. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 27, 2016, 02:53 PM »
Agreed, and I think it is a result of them going back to doing their own thing without the support of Funko. So we wind up with $15 MOTU figures you can only buy online, and $45 vinyl carrying cases. I'm kinda glad now there is not much else on the horizon with these guys.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 27, 2016, 03:25 PM »

No more stupid than those of us willing to pay them.   :-[

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 28, 2016, 02:46 PM »

No more stupid than those of us willing to pay them.   :-[

That's why I don't own yesterday's exclusive Alien. :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #413 on: April 28, 2016, 08:16 PM »
Small company...  assumed small runs...  It is what it is. 

It's like any number of other small toy lines out there now.  They're doing some incredible stuff, but you actually have to pay to get it.  :-X
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #414 on: May 3, 2016, 11:24 AM »
All of the figs are gone from my local Barnes and Noble as well, this coupled with a lack of new product at the last two Toy Fairs means this line is truly dead.  RIP ReAction.  I was hoping to get Pee Wee Herman and Last Starfighter figs but I am happy with what they did make...fun times

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 3, 2016, 12:52 PM »
Last Starfighter and Running Man would have been cool, but I'm happy with what they put out and my shelf is pretty much full now anyway.  RIP.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 3, 2016, 02:45 PM »
I think big sister Legacy Series is also dead.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 3, 2016, 05:52 PM »
Small company...  assumed small runs...  It is what it is. 

It's like any number of other small toy lines out there now.  They're doing some incredible stuff, but you actually have to pay to get it.  :-X

Sure, I get it - but they've really gone overboard with the exclusives with this line.  It's only what, 2 years old and almost every movie or show they've done figures from had variants. 

I have 9 different T-1000's...7 or 8 Predators... black and white figures, glow in the dark figures, flocked figures, blood splatter versions, blue plastic monsters, green plastic monsters, with or without a hat or headband, battle damaged figures, superman on Sloth's shirt.. 8-Bit video game Freddy and Jason, Marty McFly with Einstein, Beam-Me-Up versions of Star Trek, He-man in prototype, B&W and color, Gustavo with his face melted off, orange Nightmare Before Christmas figures, "Starry" Alien figures, Clear Alien figures, Prototype Alien Figures, Blue Lo-Pan, FOUR different heads for Jack Skellington, there are even two sharks!

And that's just off the top of my head, and only from sub-lines I actually collect personally.  There are way way too many exclusives.  It's to the point where I don't bother anymore unless they fall into my lap for a reasonable price.   

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #418 on: May 3, 2016, 11:13 PM »
Well, kinda like with repaints of Stormtroopers and things...  Sometimes that's how reinvestment helps a line keep going.

On a more personal level for me (Reaction stuff was never high on my list besides the Alien figures), Acid Rain's one thing comes in 2 decos, another is out in multiple variations at this point and costs anywhere from $99-$120 more or less...  So far I own it all, and plan to own more of it.  THAT is expensive, lol.  Not much I'm saying no to there, and some of it is a pure deco change too. 

I think for the ReAction line they were trying really hard to max out investment...  Tough to blame them, as how many could they possibly be selling?  It's not like Hasbro after all.

I like these niche toy lines, personally.  People (and I'm not pointing fingers at you Rob, this is a general thing) like to say put your $ where your mouth is on wanting this or that...  And I agree.  If you like it, support it, and you may get more of it...   That's why I'm all-in supporting Hiya's Aliens line...  I wanted SA Aliens in this scale for eons, and getting them for a "fair" (by my standards) price.  And they're hinting at going further with it (APC), and moving into other properties (Original Predator).  Likewise, Acid Rain...  $150 for something I REALLY like isn't that hard to stomach I guess. 

Like I say, sometimes I think the repaints and such, they help move other things along.  Sometimes they're just a cash grab too.  But for a small company, I dunno how much it was greed and how much it was them trying to make it "highly collectible" while still milking a mold so they could do the next thing they wanted to try. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 5, 2016, 09:12 AM »
I got an email from Super7 last night saying that their Alien Vinyl Carrying Cases were heading over on the proverbial slow boat from China and would not be here until June.  >:(

I understand the challenge of logistics with a small company like this but its pretty ****** of them not to have stated that up front last week when they went up for order. There's no way they could not have known that.  They could have easily labeled it as a Pre-Order, or at the very least as a gesture of good faith not charged me or refunded my money until the damn things show up.

No idea now if I'm going to get my 3-pack or if they will hold it and ship them together.