Author Topic: ReAction Lines  (Read 173415 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: ReAction Lines
« Reply #450 on: August 21, 2016, 08:45 PM »
I picked up the Aliens Ripley/Queen/Powerloader set from Kokomo Toys tonight for $25 shipped. Haven't seen this in any stores yet and according to Super 7 the MSRP on this thing is $30, so this seemed like a good deal.

Happy hunting!  :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 29, 2016, 09:57 AM »
I picked up the Aliens Ripley/Queen/Powerloader set from Kokomo Toys tonight for $25 shipped. Haven't seen this in any stores yet and according to Super 7 the MSRP on this thing is $30, so this seemed like a good deal.

Happy hunting!  :)

Got this over the weekend but the front corner of the box was all crushed. 2nd damaged item I got in as many days. :(

I just saw TRU has added this item to their website though, so hopefully I can find a nice minty one in store someday. I am dying to open this thing but I need at least one MISB.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 4, 2016, 07:42 PM »
If any of you happen to run across an extra of the chase version of Oogie Boogie and would be interested in helping a guy out???

I'll do the same if I stumble across more than one.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 14, 2016, 04:43 PM »
Stumbled across some ReAction figures at Tuesday Morning of all places, a few Uhuras, a Karate Kid, Snake Plissken and Jack Burton.

They were only $2.99 each so I bought them all. I have a nice batch of cheap extras between the various Target and Barnes and Noble clearances and now this.

For that price, I'm happy to stockpile these guys.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 15, 2016, 11:10 AM »
Stumbled across some ReAction figures at Tuesday Morning of all places, a few Uhuras, a Karate Kid, Snake Plissken and Jack Burton.

They were only $2.99 each so I bought them all. I have a nice batch of cheap extras between the various Target and Barnes and Noble clearances and now this.

For that price, I'm happy to stockpile these guys.

1985 prices!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #455 on: September 19, 2016, 03:32 PM »
NYCC Exclusives - Wave 1 Announced

Dark Crystal - Garthim w/Winged Kira

ReAction Golden Girls 4-Pack Box Set: (lol)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 19, 2016, 03:52 PM »
Wow, I really thought the Golden Girls thing was just an elaborate April Fool's prank. Who in the hell would buy that? Everyone who watched the show is dead now!

I can't deny the appeal of Bea Arthur's dome for Ackmena customs, but what do you do with the other 3?

The DC set is all kinds of awesome. I need a lot of Garthims.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #457 on: September 19, 2016, 04:42 PM »
My God. The Dark Crystal set. I don't have the previous set yet but I guess I'm looking for it now. I think my brother - who doesn't collect toys at all but is a massive GG fan - would probably buy these.  ;D

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 19, 2016, 06:55 PM »
Wow, I really thought the Golden Girls thing was just an elaborate April Fool's prank. Who in the hell would buy that? Everyone who watched the show is dead now!

I can't deny the appeal of Bea Arthur's dome for Ackmena customs, but what do you do with the other 3?

The DC set is all kinds of awesome. I need a lot of Garthims.

My wife loves the Golden Girls, and I do too.

I'm buying.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #459 on: September 22, 2016, 01:46 PM »
Full Dark Crystal ReAction Line Revealed - Jen, Kira, Aughra, UrSol, and The Chamberlain.  Each of the five contain a "build the Dark Drystal" part.

More pics at the link above.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #460 on: September 22, 2016, 02:33 PM »
I need them all.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #461 on: September 22, 2016, 05:32 PM »
My God. The Dark Crystal set. I don't have the previous set yet but I guess I'm looking for it now.

I need them all.

Darby - ICYMI this summer, AFI had a really nice interview with the Funko team on these.  Great insight into how they used (and improved) designs from the original Kenner line that was cancelled before it even began.

Article also talks about how ReAction will now be taking a balanced approach between modern and retro - "we had to do some experimenting to find that sweet spot, not too accurately retro, not too hyper-realistic."

Last part stil give me hope that we'll get a The Last Starfighter line eventually...

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #462 on: September 22, 2016, 06:08 PM »
Thanks Jeff! Very good article. I'm glad they're tweaking the Retro concept a little. A lot of the initial offerings were all properties I wanted and they just came out very blah. Some great. These look amazing. One line I'd love to see revisited is The Black Hole. I think that would make for a gangbusters series for Reaction.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 12, 2016, 09:22 AM »
Just a head's up for anyone that might be interested...Super7 has leftover NYCC exclusives up for sale now at their online store. I just put in an order for the Biohazard Alien Queen and GID Creature from the Black Lagoon. Queen was $20 and the Creature $10. Way better than eBay prices, even with shipping.

Happy!

;D

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 12, 2016, 10:57 AM »
A buddy of mine managed to pick up the Alien, Creature, and Jason for me.  I'm going to have to wait on the Dark Crystal set until they announce what store it will be in. 

Lastly, that Golden Girls set is supposedly a shared exclusive with Target, but Target's website is sold out at the moment and they're selling for like $125 on eBay.  I hope that's just people being impatient and they're going to show up in bigger numbers?

I got my MOTU wave 2 last night... love those ones, but way too much money...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 10:58 AM by Rob »