Collectibles > Saga Legends

2013 Japan Blind-Box Saga Legends Figures

<< < (8/8)

JediJman:

--- Quote from: Dave on April 29, 2014, 01:39 PM ---However, I do not get the allure of blind boxing these.  Does it somehow save big dollars on packaging costs so they can be offered for lots less?  Do people like the excitement of opening something when they aren't sure what is inside?

--- End quote ---

It is fairly common in Asia from what I've read, so consumers have come to expect it.   Given the wacky game shows that we often see coming out of those markets, I get the sense that their culture is more into gambling or games than most.  But I think its less about the consumer and more bout the manufacturer.  If you're trying to buy a dozen figures and have to buy 18 packs (or more) to get them all, there's a nice chunk of  incremental sales that wouldn't have happened with clear packaging.  That probably more than makes up for people who quite the line out of frustration.  They're counting more on the very loyal buyers and impulse purchases than the middle-ground of consumers, whereas we tend to do the opposite in the US.  Honestly, I bet Hasbro would sell more product here if they switched to blind box star wars.  Retailers probably like it too, as its more sales for them and the inventory probably clears out faster as consumers have the chance to get something they want in every package. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version